"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On 1/5/2019 at 2:19 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

New Year's Evil One of those made for tv 1980 movies. Just terrible. lol

I loved Creed. Have to see this one too. I hear Brigette Nielson makes an appearance? Is it true?

I know Milo V makes an appearance as Rocky's son from a previous movie.

Sly said this was the last "rocky" movie he was doing. Sad to see them end.

Creed II was good. Yes, Brigitte Nielsen has a few moments of screen time, though she and Sylvester Stallone are never in a scene at the same time.

If there was a problem with it, I'd say it followed the Rocky IV formula a bit too closely, which doesn't make it bad, just somewhat predictable. The ending might also make your eyes well up a little bit.

45 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are not somebody who usually delves into the modern rebooty crap?

I’m interested if its a classic like Halloween.  I mean its one thing if iconic characters are being re-cast but Michael is more a costume than an actor and Jamie Lee Curtis is still Laurie.  It was alright, worth the watch.  I watched all Texas Chainsaw reboot stuff.  Its good with horror and slasher stuff cuz it usually means its gorier.

Edited by Len Cnut

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’m interested if its a classic like Halloween.  I mean its one thing if iconic characters are being re-cast but Michael is more a costume than an actor and Jamie Lee Curtis is still Laurie.  It was alright, worth the watch.  I watched all Texas Chainsaw reboot stuff.  Its good with horror and slasher stuff cuz it usually means its gorier.

Stick to your Robert Mitchum in future.

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Probably a good thing as he didn't have to endure the appalling state of today's films.

Next you'll find yourself glued to an Iron Man sequel. It is a slippery slope.

Funny you should say that I bought all three of them on DVD for my little nephew this weekend.  Caught the beginning of the first one, they had some of my lot in there all done up as terrorists apparently holding Robert Downey Jnr hostage.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Funny you should say that I bought all three of them on DVD for my little nephew this weekend.  Caught the beginning of the first one, they had some of my lot in there all done up as terrorists apparently holding Robert Downey Jnr hostage.

A few of your family members?

You really are all related or connected, aren't you? I used to order Indian food - they're all Bangladeshi I am sure I won't need to tell you, Indian restaurants - and an ''Indian'' girl delivered the food. Then their food declined, oily unedible Madras with slithers of meat swimming around, so I switched to another Indian place. Guess what? Same ''Indian'' girl haha.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

A few of your family members?

You really are all related or connected, aren't you? I used to order Indian food - they're all Bangladeshi I am sure I won't need to tell you, Indian restaurants - and an ''Indian'' girl delivered the food. Then their food declined, oily unedible Madras with slithers of meat swimming around, so I switched to another Indian place. Guess what? Same ''Indian'' girl haha.

By my lot I just meant like...south asian wogs :lol:  I mean as far as you're concerned whats the difference between an Indian a Bangladeshi a Pakistani, a Kashmiri, its all the same shit innit, in the same way if you talk to someone over there a gora is a gora, English, Irish, Scotish, its all the same shit to them.  Fuck, you could probably throw most of western Europe in there too.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

By my lot I just meant like...south asian wogs :lol:  I mean as far as you're concerned whats the difference between an Indian a Bangladeshi a Pakistani, a Kashmiri, its all the same shit innit, in the same way if you talk to someone over there a gora is a gora, English, Irish, Scotish, its all the same shit to them.  Fuck, you could probably throw most of western Europe in there too.

I draw the line at being included with the Europeans. That is highly offensive. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Of course. Rampant alcoholism and crap food: part of our united culture.

You're right though, we sort of all do know each other :lol:  Or a lot of us do.  A lot of us are from like, a similar region and being a poor place everyone knows each other back there cuz like, thats how you get anything done over there, by knowing people.  Poverty is great like that, in terms of bringing people together.  Its all very thin though, the minute people start doing alright things become like...divided.  When new communities were established over here everyone knew each other for similar reasons and as families and circles of friends have grown the same aqquaintances have continued.  Weird innit, you all know each other when you can get something out of each other but it all goes to shit the minute you can look after yourself.  Community only ever exists as a necessity I think. 

41 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The first Iron Man is a great movie. Really enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You're right though, we sort of all do know each other :lol:  Or a lot of us do.  A lot of us are from like, a similar region and being a poor place everyone knows each other back there cuz like, thats how you get anything done over there, by knowing people.  Poverty is great like that, in terms of bringing people together.  Its all very thin though, the minute people start doing alright things become like...divided.  When new communities were established over here everyone knew each other for similar reasons and as families and circles of friends have grown the same aqquaintances have continued.  Weird innit, you all know each other when you can get something out of each other but it all goes to shit the minute you can look after yourself.  Community only ever exists as a necessity I think. 

Like during the Blitz? 

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Like during the Blitz?

Yeah I suppose thats a good example.  There was a lot of looting going on though even then.  A lot of them old time East End gangsters look back on the Blitz as a great time, the 40 thieves or whatever the fuck they were called, back in the days of Jack Spot and Billy Hill.

9 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Braveheart - Got the 4K for Christmas to got around to re-watching (usually watch it probably twice a year at least). It's one of my favorite movies ever, and as far as I'm concerned one of the best ever. 

You should chat to @Graeme. He loves Braveheart!