"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

3 hours ago, Amir said:

Just watched "Juliet, Naked" on a flight. Felt like the perfect film for people who've spent an unhealthy amount of time obsessing over and debating a middle-aged rock star on an online forum :P 

It’s pretty damn sweet. Ethan Hawke is delightful.

Roma - insanely overrated. I rarely agree wholeheartedly with Armond White, but godamn I do on this.

Green Book - treacly and obvious.

The Favorite - a spiteful, vicious cunt of a film. Adored it.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Venom on dvd

I know this movie didn't get such a good review, but I really liked it a lot. I like Tom Hardy, but the overall storyline was unique and I thought the Venom and Riot character were awesome.

I recommend it.

Stan Lee makes an appearance too. What a lovely man.

I just watched Venom.

Went with very low expectations, and was pleasently suprised. I dig it. Very re-watchable.

Creed II - Obviously uses Rocky IV as a crutch for the story, but that’s not a bad thing in any way. The story is deeper than what most may think it is, and while Creed will never reach the acclaim or popularity that Rocky did, it does have its roots in to branch some (likely) sequels for a modern day boxing hero icon, ala Rocky. 

New Year's Evil One of those made for tv 1980 movies. Just terrible. lol

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:10 AM, Black Sabbath said:

Creed II - Obviously uses Rocky IV as a crutch for the story, but that’s not a bad thing in any way. The story is deeper than what most may think it is, and while Creed will never reach the acclaim or popularity that Rocky did, it does have its roots in to branch some (likely) sequels for a modern day boxing hero icon, ala Rocky. 

I loved Creed. Have to see this one too. I hear Brigette Nielson makes an appearance? Is it true?

I know Milo V makes an appearance as Rocky's son from a previous movie.

Sly said this was the last "rocky" movie he was doing. Sad to see them end.

12 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My mom loved Steve McQueen. She said this version was way better than the updated one. I think Steve and Faye had amazing chemistry.

Steve is another great that went too soon.

Me and your family (well, the elderly members anyway!) would've got on like a house on fire if life were restricted to sitting around watching films, everything I like it seems your Mum or your Dad or your Grandad was into it :lol:  And she's right, there is no contest between the real thing and the Pierce Brosnan piece of shit.

Edited by Len Cnut

22 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Me and your family (well, the elderly members anyway!) would've got on like a house on fire if life were restricted to sitting around watching films, everything I like it seems your Mum or your Dad or your Grandad was into it :lol:  And she's right, there is no contest between the real thing and the Pierce Brosnan piece of shit.

Thank you so much Len.

Yeah, my mom is very special. She and my grandfather would watch all old movies together all the time. one of her all time favorite actors was James Cagney. She loved him so much.

I think it's awesome when family members watch movies together no matter what age you are or what movies you watch. I still go to the movies with my mom and sometimes my brother and we love doing it together.  We just seem to love the same movies as well as music!

It was my mom that got me into GNR and other amazing bands.

It's always great to meet someone who loves old movies like my parents do.:lol:

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, F*ck Fear said:

I just watched Venom.

Went with very low expectations, and was pleasently suprised. I dig it. Very re-watchable.

I do hope they make a sequel. I really thought this movie was very cool. Loved the interaction between Tom and the Venom characters.

• Like 1

The Butterfly Effect (2004) - 7.5/10

I vaguely remember this film when it came first out and may have seen pieces, but it wasn't a film that really struck me at the time. However a few years ago i got the urge to watch it - well i finally got around to doing that :lol: Seen it was on Netflix and figured the time was good as any. I found it pretty enjoyable and don't really understand why it was so critically panned. Netflix has the theatrical version, but i watched the other 3 endings on youtube.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, F*ck Fear said:

I just watched Venom.

Just heard that there will be a sequel to Venom and Tom Hardy is on board. Can't wait.

Watched Predators with Adrian Brody. I had seen it in the theatre, but forgot most of it.

This movie showed you how much the Predator was changing in their looks. Very gory killings.

I do hope they continue the Predator series. The new Predator was awesome.