GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

24 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

No, I don’t think so at all.

Thanks for your explanation. Yes, I roughly know about Argentina’s history and assumed it must have been rough in the 90s. ... I just wondered why you didn’t feel proud to vote... but now I know what you meant. I guess...

Someone helps him keep his TB legal? :lol:

Every decade since the 80's has been rough here but I suppose that the crisis of 2001 hit me hard because I was not a kid anymore and because it was really bad, our President resigned and everything was chaos, riots, poverty, people and kids crying on TV. Media played a big role in showing the world our misery.

I didn't feel proud because I was young and just learning, I wasn't much involved, I barely knew the parties and what they stood for and the options weren't so good either. I didn't feel proud because I voted and then it all went to hell, it got destroyed, at that time I was wondering what to vote for? You vote and then the government is weak, they are threatened, it's a jungle out there, no one wants to grab this hot potato, President leaves and we are all left in the dark?

It's tough when your democracy is so young and so weak..... but we're learning and I think we've come a long way since then. Hopefully we can remain civilized until the next election, though right now it feels like we should go burning that bitch down, kick his ass and call for anticipate elections but then we would be fooling ourselves. If we want to take care of this democracy and make it stronger, we must resist our urges for destroying it.

This is why I admire Germany so much and I know I get people telling me loads of crap about Germany, but I wish we were one bit like you guys, just a tiny bit...... things would be so different.

Edited by killuridols

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

This is why I admire Germany so much and I know I get people telling me loads of crap about Germany, but I wish we were one bit like you guys, just a tiny bit...... things would be so different.

Oh, my dear, I wish you were right about Germany. I want you to be right. I try not to be a pessimist. But  in Europe fascist, right winged extremists, are nearly in every country. Right now the German right winged fascist party that is not openly fascist (of course) is gaining seats in each election of a „Bundesland“, which is like the states within Germany? Don’t know how to translate that. It is really scary and I think it is threatening the German democracy a great deal. Media is jumping over every little stick the fascists are pulling, there is no other topic on political talk shows, mewpapers, political magazine covers etc. It is all about the „refugee crises“ which is nearly not existant because Germany is economically flourishing, immigrants are integrating well and until now those who welcomed the asylum seekers from Syria etc. are still supporting them... But the fascists are twisting every statistical examination, they lie, the make up fake news... Germany has problems with school system, with child care, with care of our elders and with „age poverty“, environmental issues, climate change, but everything the media (and politicans) talk about is the topics which the right winged extremists come up with. Then there were those marches of the new nazis chasing people they think are not German ... ugh. It is horrible. I still believe that the majority of the Germans are democrats, liberal, friendly and tolerant towards refugess and immigrants. But they remain too silent. I could go on and on ... It is a effing discrace, it really is.

Scary thing is, a lot of other European countries like Italy, Denmark, the Netherlands also in France, the right winged extremists are rising as well. Then there is Brexit (also right winged led) and Trump. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Oh, my dear, I wish you were right about Germany. I want you to be right. I try not to be a pessimist. But  in Europe fascist, right winged extremists, are nearly in every country. Right now the German right winged fascist party that is not openly fascist (of course) is gaining seats in each election of a „Bundesland“, which is like the states within Germany? Don’t know how to translate that. It is really scary and I think it is threatening the German democracy a great deal.

I think the problem with the extreme right is not exclusive of Germany. Just look at what happened in Brazil, they elected a guy who said he'd rather have his son to die in a car accident than being gay :facepalm: or that black people are plain lazy and useless :facepalm: and a guy like Trump at the head of one of the most powerful countries in the world.

We are all doomed with this kind of people. They are reproducing themselves like mushrooms after the rain...... We need to evaluate whats going with all of that, where it is coming from, because Trump and Bolsonaro were democratically elected so who's to blame? People like that threaten all democracies in the world. 

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Germany has problems with school system, with child care, with care of our elders and with „age poverty“, environmental issues, climate change, but everything the media (and politicans) talk about is the topics which the right winged extremists come up with

😔 the poverty of Germany must be like a joke if you'd compare it to my our poverty....

I guess you guys dont have any idea what is like to be really poor and besides, you have a system of measuring poverty that is really special. A poor person in Germany equals a middle class person in Argentina :unsure:

Then there were those marches of the new nazis chasing people they think are not German ... ugh. It is horrible. I still believe that the majority of the Germans are democrats, liberal, friendly and tolerant towards refugess and immigrants. But they remain too silent

Germany has given a lesson to the world that you were capable of get rid of that stigma and rise up and now be on the top again. You always rise up and I think you've learned of your mistakes, as it's been shown throughout history.

I believe you are smart people and will not let it happen again. Even with neo Nazis and other assholes, I suppose that must feel weird for yourselves and I know most Germans dont want to talk about that because you consider it a closed chapter in your history. But I also know you guys sleep with one eye open and I'm sure there are people working on keeping those Nazi levels at the lowest.

Scary thing is, a lot of other European countries like Italy, Denmark, the Netherlands also in France, the right winged extremists are rising as well. Then there is Brexit (also right winged led) and Trump. 

It is a phenomena to be study and watched. Keep it under surveillance. There seems to be something going on in the whole world and I think it is a reaction to the status quo being shaken. Maybe it is cyclic. But I think whats happening is that people are not ok with certain situations related to massive immigration. 

Massive immigration causes people to fear for their jobs, their resources, their opportunities, their culture. As you say, when economy is flourishing most people don't care about those things but when the pockets suffer then people start checking other things and when they vote they use it to punish politicians, political parties and other voters as well. 

2 minutes ago, Alja said:

Since there was discussed everything from eyline for hooded eyes to football to politics... whatever.

:rofl-lol: Your answer makes me laugh. In a good way. Because... well, let’s say: the range of what we’re able to talk about in the Women’s Thread is vast. We’re not single minded or clueless. Not every thread in this forum can praise itself with this. :lol::headbang:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I feel weird discussing politics in this thread. Does everybody feel comfortable with this? 

I dont feel weird.... why should we feel weird??

This has derived from an Axl tweet.... so that's good, isn't it? He is encouraging people to vote, he wants to be political, he wants to be woke :lol:

What is weird is that you feel this is weird. We are women with brains and we can't be talking dicks and balls 24/7 :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What is weird is that you feel this is weird. We are women with brains and we can't be talking dicks and balls 24/7 :smiley-confused2:

Unless we're talking about Slash's shiny balls...then it's acceptable to talk about it 24/7, no? :smiley-confused2:

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Unless we're talking about Slash's shiny balls...then it's acceptable to talk about it 24/7, no? :smiley-confused2:

It was a shiny dick :slash:

Ooops... Im sorry I sounded so heteronormative :ph34r:
But before any of you jump on me.... yes, we have discussed vaginas as well (Steph's spider, of the top of my head)

:rofl-lol:

Edited by killuridols
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I feel weird discussing politics in this thread. Does everybody feel comfortable with this? 

It’s really interesting for me. And a nice break from the US election talk which is scaring the shit out of me on the daily. It’s good to hear perspectives from other country’s citizens. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Since it seemed to be just a one-time deal, it's understandable that he skipped it for his daughter. 

One part of that article makes me feel a bit sad for him. It mentions that Gilby played with Guns at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony 

(despite of not being inducted. :()

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Since it seemed to be just a one-time deal, it's understandable that he skipped it for his daughter. 

One part of that article makes me feel a bit sad for him. It mentions that Gilby played with Guns at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony 

(despite of not being inducted. :()

No because his daughter's show (Lollapalooza) would've been in July 2016 which was right in the middle of the NITL North America leg. So it wasn't just a one time deal, unless they were asking him to come guest just one time on that weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Idk, what do I think about it? Gilby being Gilby, he’s ok with everyone, he would play with them but he couldn’t because his daughter, he is not off with anyone .. he’s being Gilby. I don’t doubt it or anything if this was the question...?

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes, or maybe it was the old thread.... These were the pics but I don't remember the captions :smiley-confused2:

13774397_1629944887316009_58348547_n.thumb.jpg.fa82737e3180b646a554ca1fb1f70361.jpg

axlrose.jpg.cddce9949480f6dfe9f648f948324650.jpg

:ph34r:

Ahahaha ... :rofl-lol: