Gracii Guns

British Politics

26 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’m not framing it as leave vs remain. You’re right, that’s over. More that if Brexit goes badly, people will be hurting and looking for a change. 

I forgot that, you as a remainer think it'll be Armageddon haha. 

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It won't be armageddon because there is a deal in place. But those who think Brexit can make them go from rags to riches. That won't happen.

31 minutes ago, Padme said:

It won't be armageddon because there is a deal in place. But those who think Brexit can make them go from rags to riches. That won't happen.

There’s no deal in place. The withdrawal agreement has nothing to do with any future trade deals. 
We don’t even start negotiations on trade until after we leave on January 31st and then we have until the end of 2020 to agree a full trade deal or we crash out. 

Edited by Dazey

Between one hyperbolic extreme of Armageddon, and the other of some new Elizabethan ''golden age'', the results of Brexit will act be rather dull: things will basically continue as they have done before. 

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Between one hyperbolic extreme of Armageddon, and the other of some new Elizabethan ''golden age'', the results of Brexit will act be rather dull: things will basically continue as they have done before. 

What was the fucking point then? 😂

22 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

What was the fucking point then? 😂

You will see little residual traces in day-to-day living is my point, at least in the immediate future. No pharmaceutical shortages or food riots or zombie apocalypses. At governmental level there will be a clear difference as Britain will be able to bilaterally trade and not be under EU jurisprudence.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

At governmental level there will be a clear difference as Britain will be able to bilaterally trade and not be under EU jurisprudence.

And what tangible benefits will we see from that? 

I'm fully behind Brexit now by the way. Just get on with it and hope it goes well.

Just now, spunko12345 said:

And what tangible benefits will we see from that? 

Does a trade deal over antipodean sheep not entice you?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Blue passports obviously :lol:

Except there is no EU Requirement for passports to be maro....

I give up.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

There’s no deal in place. The withdrawal agreement has nothing to do with any future trade deals. 
We don’t even start negotiations on trade until after we leave on January 31st and then we have until the end of 2020 to agree a full trade deal or we crash out. 

On February 1st the trasition begins. That means the UK will be kinda like Norway for the next 11 months. During those 11 months Boris will be negotiating new trade deals. Will 11 months be enough time to get new trade deals done? That remains to be seen.

Corbyn doesn't appear to grasp that the country has emphatically rejected his sad sack demeanor and whingy-whiny student politics. The poor fella must be dense.

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Except there is no EU Requirement for passports to be maro....

I give up.

They are horrible Frenchmen's things though, aren't they? Blue reminds us of our maritime greatness and Nelson. 

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Technically I see myself in a win win situation. 

Diane Abbot's son seems a wrong 'un,

16 hours ago, Dazey said:

Technically I see myself in a win win situation. 

Really? You'll have to look at this for the next half a decade, whilst your Labour chaps implode,

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Diane Abbot's son seems a wrong 'un,

Really? You'll have to look at this for the next half a decade, whilst your Labour chaps implode,

giphy.gif

If it all goes tits up I get to be smug while searching for your last two years post history before you edit it. If it goes well I still have a job. QED. :P 

Edited by Dazey

10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

If it all goes tits up I get to be smug while searching for your last two years post history before you edit it. If it goes well I still have a job. QED. :P 

I suppose the line about me editing posts is your lie and you're sticking to it. I did appreciated likes by you for ancient posts, so you had a good time looking in there, in the deepest depths of mygnr, but to no avail haha.

It's a good thing she's Priti. Pardon the pun. :lol: 

On 31.12.2019 at 7:36 PM, DieselDaisy said:

But you are the one talking about Armageddon. I have seen no one here who are in favors of remaining in the EU make such claims or paint the picture as bleak as that.

There won't be riots in the streets and food stamps, but the consensus among economists is that your economy will suffer from Brexit and that average people will be worse off. And these are long-term effects, seen over the next decades, not something that will be immediately visible just after Brexit. This is the scenario you should be debating, not your fantastical "Armageddon" outcome that is just a strawman, really.

You do the same with climate change. You describe it as if the earth will explode in 15 years if we don't all stop using electricity or whatever, and then you use this hyperbolic scenario - which is entirely your own making - to mock people concerned about climate change, rather than actually accept the scientific consensus and discuss realities. It is as if Chamberlain should have dismissed any concerns over Germany's aggressiveness by arguing that Hitler isn't a two-headed serpent who devours children for dinner. You seem to prefer living in a fantasy world where Britain will be great again and all economists are wrong and where the climate isn't changing, just to keep up pretenses and be comfortable. And to allow for this fantasy you won't deal with the reality, but instead create these ridiculous straw men that you can easily dismiss.

And you have no hair.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But you are the one talking about Armageddon. I have seen no one here who are in favors of remaining in the EU make such claims or paint the picture as bleak as that.

There won't be riots in the streets and food stamps, but the consensus among economists is that your economy will suffer from Brexit and that average people will be worse off. And these are long-term effects, seen over the next decades, not something that will be immediately visible just after Brexit. This is the scenario you should be debating, not your fantastical "Armageddon" outcome that is just a strawman, really.

You do the same with climate change. You describe it as if the earth will explode in 15 years if we don't all stop using electricity or whatever, and then you use this hyperbolic scenario - which is entirely your own making - to mock people concerned about climate change, rather than actually accept the scientific consensus and discuss realities. It is as if Chamberlain should have dismissed any concerns over Germany's aggressiveness by arguing that Hitler isn't a two-headed serpent who devours children for dinner. You seem to prefer living in a fantasy world where Britain will be great again and all economists are wrong and where the climate isn't changing, just to keep up pretenses and be comfortable. And to allow for this fantasy you won't deal with the reality, but instead create these ridiculous straw men that you can easily dismiss.

And you have no hair.

You are bored, are you? I always know when you're bored because I get these weirdly random replies trying to trigger an argument. And I have a full mop of hair so you are wrong on many accounts. 

21 hours ago, Dazey said:

It's a good thing she's Priti. Pardon the pun. :lol: 

I love it when she is right-wing.

PS

ENXiWb_XsAAQA23?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by DieselDaisy

Posted (edited)

Your contenders for the demise of Labour. What an 'orrible lot.

_110384817_labour_leadership_composite_v

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Your contenders for the demise of Labour. What an 'orrible lot.

_110384817_labour_leadership_composite_v

Looks a bit like my Wales most wanted picture.