British Politics

Gracii Guns

Out of this dire bunch, I tend to think Jess Phillips is the best candidate really. Long ''Corbyn 10/10'' Bailey is wretched and Thornberry is an utterly horrendous sack of steaming fecal matter. Starmer seems too much the Blairy EU luvvie posh wanker, whilst Nandy is a bit of a nonentity. I'd go Phillips, Nandy, Starmer, Wrong-Bailey and Thornberry in that order. 

Back in the 40's when a royal married a divorced American woman, he was out! Thank goodness things have changed. lol

I say Harry and Megan should do what they feel is right for their family, but Megan should have realized how much her life would change being in the royal family and having certain duties that you are supposed to do. 

I hope the Queen lives for her retirement and has some peace in her last days. Charles will be King and the family will go on.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Back in the 40's when a royal married a divorced American woman, he was out! Thank goodness things have changed. lol

I say Harry and Megan should do what they feel is right for their family, but Megan should have realized how much her life would change being in the royal family and having certain duties that you are supposed to do. 

I hope the Queen lives for her retirement and has some peace in her last days. Charles will be King and the family will go on.

1936. The 1936 Abdication Crisis. 

The big difference is that Edward VIII was the King-Emperor at the time of the Abdication Crisis whereas Harry is only sixth in line to the throne.

But yes, there are some superficial similarities, American divorcee and so forth.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Don't fall into the trap of thinking being a royal is hard work. Basically it's like winning the lottery but forgetting to tick the "no publicity "box.

I feel like I personally own them all and if Harry wants to leave he has to pay me back all the money the cocky ginger twat.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

1936. The 1936 Abdication Crisis. 

The big difference is that Edward VIII was the King-Emperor at the time of the Abdication Crisis whereas Harry is only sixth in line to the throne.

But yes, there are some superficial similarities, American divorcee and so forth.

I'm not so sure Wallis Simpson was the main reason behind the abdication. There were other issues with King Edward ;)

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Abdication Crisis had nothing to do with any suggestion of fascist sympathies, which anyhow transpired, at least publically, after the abdication - the famous meeting at the Berghof occurred October 1937.

Duke_and_Duchess_of_Windsor_meet_Adolf_H

That picture shows Edward had a friendship or at the very least admiration for Hitler. Hard to believe the abdication had nothing to with it. 

2 hours ago, Padme said:

So what are you saying; that despite records of contemporary Westminster constitutional debate and proceedings, royal correspondence and (world) media coverage; that despite a multitude of historiography; the Abdication Crisis of 1936 was not about something everyone else thought it was, but in fact was something else? 

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

So what are you saying; that despite records of contemporary Westminster constitutional debate and proceedings, royal correspondence and (world) media coverage; that despite a multitude of historiography; the Abdication Crisis of 1936 was not about something everyone else thought it was, but in fact was something else? 

It's amazing how people can have such strong beliefs about a topic yet not be able to provide a single primary document or piece of evidence as a source for that belief.

59 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It's almost as if he's adopted your method of argument against climate change. :lol: 

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You are absolutely fixated on birds! This swan fetish is completely bonkers. 

I meant an opposite member of the contradictory gender young man.  Adams rib.  The other side.  One of them.  a woMAN, a feMALE.

Edited by Len Cnut