Does anybody else feel weird watching Slash play Sorry?

On 14.07.2017 at 7:26 PM, username said:

It kind of made me feel awkward. It's such a spiteful song that's very much inspired by Axl and Slash's conflict. The "Shut up and sing" line is a direct reference to what a bandmember (I think Slash?) said to Axl. And it just kind of feel weird to me watching Axl sing that song and particularly that line while standing next to Slash. I like the current version of the song better than the album version, but still that was kind of weird. Did anybody else notice that? 

I'm witcha.

seeing Axl and Slash play together feels like the most phony thing I have ever witnessed.

I saw a few line ups live and the current one was the only one that I didn't buy.

The AFD songs weren't any better than they were played by other line ups, but other line ups had that Fox Moulder drive in them, as opposed to 2016 sell out targeted towards the casual Greatest Hits fans.

Greatest Hits fans? Well, yeah. Man, I mean, after having listened to GNR for some 25 years, I went to see them live on the reunion tour, looked around the people in the venue and didn't feel in my element.

• Like 1

Look at the Apollo recording, Slash seems like really gives a shit about this song though, it's seems like he spend more time brainstorming the solo for this song more than any other CD song. 

The solo were mean as hell, thundering bass line from Duff were marvelous, and outer space ambience from Melissa were great, there was sound of spaceship takeoff right before Slash solo lmao. 

The only complaint is the presence of Axl backing tracks, he should let Duff or Dizzy shout it. Other than that, it's very great example of modern rock song. 

4 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Look at the Apollo recording, Slash seems like really gives a shit about this song though, it's seems like he spend more time brainstorming the solo for this song more than any other CD song. 

The solo were mean as hell, thundering bass line from Duff were marvelous, and outer space ambience from Melissa were great, there was sound of spaceship takeoff right before Slash solo lmao. 

The only complaint is the presence of Axl backing tracks, he should let Duff or Dizzy shout it. Other than that, it's very great example of modern rock song. 

Are you sure there's Axl backing tracks on the Apollo recording? To me it just sounds like Dizzy, Duff & Melissa singing.

10 hours ago, sousadias said:

Axl's backing tracks: 01:59, 02:09, 04:35 and 04:39.

It's hard to tell but are you sure it's not just a delayed playback at lower volume like they do on SCOM (and have done since at least the UYI tour)?  There are parts that are clearly Duff and Melissa singing the backing vocals.  Why would they use prerecorded Axl on just a few spots but live Melissa, Duff and Dizzy on the rest?

22 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

This was on of my few complaints after seeing them back in June! They just seem so out of place and are extremely noticeable and annoying even when you're seeing them in person!