Len Cnut

THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2018/19

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuckin' international break, we just had one the other day didn't we?!  Fuckssake.

It's very annoying. Only consolation is it's the last one until March.

7 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

He is a United legend and England legend he gets a lot of stick from the press but I dunno I kinda like him 

Wouldn't go that far. Last time I saw him for the 3 Lions he was out of puff after 30 minutes during a match in which the Iceland defence/midfield had him on a string. Chucking goals in in a Lichtenstein friendly doesn't make you our greatest goal scorer either. 

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Just been looking back at England's 2002 WC team what a team that was!!

What a team that Brazil team was :P.

England in 2002 at least had the players to be one of the world's best, but it was still the same problem with over confidence. I remember ITV news talking up England's path to the final to face Germany and how they were going to beat Spain/Brazil to get there after Owen's dive against Argentina.

Then in the Brazil game, pretending that Ronaldinho was a nobody and there's no way he meant the goal. Just same way the press pretended world cup winner Ronaldo was finished before he scored a hatrick against United a few months later too.

Such vivid memories of that when I was a kid.

Edited by AtariLegend

19 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

They just had too many attacking mids bumping into each other. 

And no left winger. Scholes was left wing! 

But yea

Gary, Rio, Terry, Cole

Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes

Rooney, Owen

V

Kane, Ali

Sterling, Hendo, Dier, Lingard

Rose, Maguire, Stones, Trippier

I think it might close just because current team has balance. Dier and Hendo blocking and Rose and Trippier bombing on. Basic 442. Maybe sub off Ali after 23 mins bring on Vardy. One always ricochets off him into the net. Lingard is a bit light. Maybe bring on Walker to kick Scholes. Tactics innit. If he gets past you break his legs. But outside the box. 

Edited by wasted

19 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Overrated as fuck. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Isn't every England team?

Taylor had an objectively bad team. Carlton Palmer could play dor Brazil if the whole team drank my bootleg gin before selection. 

30 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Isn't every England team?

Not really, by virtue of the fact that there’s always been a strong voice of the sensible that spoke the truth...the 02 one was actually rated though.

The golden generation lost on penalties. But I’d take Gazza and Lineker over them. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

England looking comfortable in Rooneys tribute match but no needle. Just need him to come on in the 70th minute, score a pen, get two bookings and go off in a blaze of glory. 

7 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

England looking comfortable in Rooneys tribute match but no needle. Just need him to come on in the 70th minute, score a pen, get two bookings and go off in a blaze of glory. 

Isn't the US above the level of teams Rooney normally scored against internationally?

Sven had an almost immaculate record, I like a guy with an almost immaculate record. I’m not sure he ever lost an tournament England game in 90mins? 

15 hours ago, wasted said:

Sven had an almost immaculate record, I like a guy with an almost immaculate record. I’m not sure he ever lost an tournament England game in 90mins? 

They lost against 2002 Brazil.

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

They lost against 2002 Brazil.

In the WC?

41 minutes ago, Juventino said:

Well it certainly wasn't the European Championship!

Not a friendly. Although all Brazils team play in Europe so I wouldn’t be surprised. Doing a bit of scouting, resting in plain sight, until they start trying in the World Cup. Then lose and back to europe for a bit of tip tap. 

Yeah they only lost to Brazil at WC. And France and Ireland in Euros. He almost had an immaculate record. 

Edited by wasted