THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Got Liverpool this Saturday.  I get the feeling a kicking is in the air.  I don't mind really, as long as we give a good account of ourselves.  Actually, I do fucking mind, I mind badly but, y'know, you gotta be realistic about these things...I'd just like to see some fight in Anfield on Saturday afternoon.

Also, United v Wolves

giphy.gif

Edited by Len Cnut

Wolves lost at home against Liverpool and Tottenham last season Luke, whilst they did beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United at home they drew against us. Just for a bit of context though they also lost at home against the likes of Watford, Huddersfield and Crystal Palace. 

On 21/08/2019 at 10:26 AM, Len Cnut said:

Got Liverpool this Saturday.  I get the feeling a kicking is in the air.  I don't mind really, as long as we give a good account of ourselves.  Actually, I do fucking mind, I mind badly but, y'know, you gotta be realistic about these things...I'd just like to see some fight in Anfield on Saturday afternoon.

Also, United v Wolves

giphy.gif

Go on google maps and type in “Gob Shites”. :lol:   

25 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Blimey United are properly shit now aren't they. Lower mid table standard team.

Where they belong.

Seriously though for the amount of money United is making why aren't they pulling a Barcelona/Madrid and buying up the best players in the world?

You really should grabbed Ronaldo last year, it would clearly have worked for a year or two.

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Where they belong.

Seriously though for the amount of money United is making why aren't they pulling a Barcelona/Madrid and buying up the best players in the world?

Because it is an unsustainable long-term strategy and what shit teams do. The acquisitions so far have been great. And the strategy to aim at domestic and young players make a lot of sense to me. But we must give it time.

I think this will be great. Today's match was disappointing, though. First half was poor. Second better. Should have had at least one more penalty and one red card to CP. And should have scored on the penalty we got. Disappointing. 

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because it is an unsustainable long-term strategy and what shit teams do. The acquisitions so far have been great. And the strategy to aim at domestic and young players make a lot of sense to me. But we must give it time.

I think this will be great. Today's match was disappointing, though. First half was poor. Second better. Should have had at least one more penalty and one red card to CP. And should have scored on the penalty we got. Disappointing. 

I hope you don't think Harry Maquire is Raphael Varane in a mask.

As for shit teams, you mean teams that win the Champions League every year?

fyi I'm still more excited about United lossing, than us hammering Len's lot at the minute. Does that make me a bad person?

Edited by AtariLegend

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I hope you don't think Harry Maquire is Raphael Varane in a mask.

He will do.

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

As for shit teams, you mean teams that win the Champions League every year?

I wouldn't want United to simply buy all the best players, even if it resulted in winning CL every year. It's utterly soulless. I want them to build a team, not buy one. A team of players that grow to be great together. Like Ajax. I want United to a team that creates fan excitement, a team that will gather new fans around the world, a team that will go down in history. Like the Class of '92. I don't want United to just become a PSG. Then I won't bother watching the games. I mean, I have been a fan of the team for a long time. I can handle a period where we slowly fight our way back to the top if I believe in the strategy and love what they are doing. I still live off what we achieved in the 90s. It's good.

10 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

fyi I'm still more excited about United lossing, than us hammering Len's lot at the minute. Does that make me a bad person?

Nah, I would have too.

• Like 2