THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, wasted said:

They don’t seem to have that many players in european leagues as Spain, France, Brazil. 

:question: 18 players out of 23 are hired in European teams

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

My reading of Argentine footy is they have two clubs

2 clubs? Lol, no, we have as many as to have our own tournaments but maybe those two are the most popular, to the foreign eyes. :shrugs:

The description is accurate in theory, not sure in the practice River Plate is so Englishy. The club was recently involved in a huge pedophilia scandal.

The problem with our football is the AFA (Argentine Football Association). It is a corrupted institution that should be wiped from the roots and replaced with good honest people.

These results are entirely their fault. They picked this awful coach and they are to blame for the whole debacle, as the national team has been "lost" for quite some time now. They have no direction, coach was changed 3 times... No one wants to coach because there are so many hangers-on giving their unsolicited opinion and using their influences just to benefit themselves. The best coaches do not want to get involved in such a mess.

Hopefully, this huge mistake will make them rethink what they are doing and where they want to be. Though with so much arrogance and egos involved, I dont see how this will find a solution for the next WC.

Edited by killuridols

But are they prominent players? Or squad players. 

I know Messi, Higuain, Aguero..

Spain I know mids and defenders

France I know mids and attackers

Brazil I know def, mid, Attack

but Argie I don’t know mids and defense

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The description is accurate in theory, not sure in the practice River Plate is so Englishy. The club was recently involved in a huge pedophilia scandal.

But that is very Englishy. The English even have their own jargon for pedophilia. 

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

But are they prominent players? Or squad players. 

I know Messi, Higuain, Aguero..

Spain I know mids and defenders

France I know mids and attackers

Brazil I know def, mid, Attack

but Argie I don’t know mids and defense

I dont know either :lol:

You can check here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina_national_football_team

40 minutes ago, wasted said:

Argentina can still qualify for next round?

Yes. But now depending on the other teams results.

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But that is very Englishy. The English even have their own jargon for pedophilia. 

It is Englishy to be a pedo? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

You can check here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina_national_football_team

I wouldn't necessarily go that far, but it is not disqualifying either in the sense that the fact that River Platte had a pedo scandal somehow makes them less  English.

2 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Man, did I feel bad for Argentina today.  They were destroyed by Croatia.  Such a sad event.  It's really sad to see a legendary team go down like this.  Hopefully they can re-arrange internal stuff for the next World Cup.

They are used to it. In 1993 Colombia beat them 5-0  during qualifying for the 1994 WC. In South Africa WC Germany beat them 4-0. In 1958 Sweeden WC they were also elinamted in first round. 2002 WC also eliminated in first round. In 1970, they didn't even qualify for the Mexico WC

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I checked I kind of recognise Acuna, Masheramo. It seems like they are playing a 352 - with Acuna and Salivio as attacking wing backs. Given that squad they need to go back to 442 or 3-4-3 like Barca Leave it to Messi Aguero up front and let Fifa VAR given them penalties. Insane tactics! Sampolai has balls and is bald and no neck. Hes like a optimistic Dr Evil. 10 million goals?

I thought Higuain was Argie? 

Wheres Di Maria?

Messi, Higuain, Aguero should be good top three. Then set up to defend. 

Edited by wasted

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I wouldn't necessarily go that far, but it is not disqualifying either in the sense that the fact that River Platte had a pedo scandal somehow makes them less  English.

If their image is that of a "more European" and not so "Hispanic" as Boca Juniors, like Diesel described... kind of associating European with good values and manners while Hispanic are dirty and barbarians, then they should not be linked to something as low as offering the kids they educate in their club to the pedophile community :shrugs:

That's why I say they are like that only in theory.... It's an image they've sold to the world.

18 minutes ago, Padme said:

They are used to it. In 1993 Colombia beat them 5-0  during qualifying for the 1994 WC. In South Africa WC Germany beat them 4-0. In 1958 Sweeden WC they were also elinamted in first round. 2002 WC also eliminated in first round. In 1970, they didn't even qualify for the Mexico WC

All big teams have a time of glory and a time of shadows.

Brazil was beaten by Germany 7-0 in the last WC. We dont have legendary Italy in this WC. 

Argentina is not out of the ordinary :shrugs:

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

They could have made him win it a long time ago, no? :shrugs:

And with the results of first game, I have a hard time believing this thing is rigged.

You mean a threat in a football match or something else?

If you are talking about the sport, I don't think you are... I don't know... we hardly ever play together but when we do, it gets spicy :P and like I said before, from the Argie side the rivalry is mostly political.

I meant in football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wasted said:

What? 

Both Di maria and Higuain should play. 

Di maria, Messi, Higuain, Aguero

the rest just defend and lose wars. 

Go tell that to Sampaoli :lol:

He is the one with issues to form a good team. He keeps changing people and experimenting like a mad professor in the middle of a high competition :facepalm:

He is the one who wrote a book saying how he doesnt believe in planning ahead :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If their image is that of a "more European" and not so "Hispanic" as Boca Juniors, like Diesel described... kind of associating European with good values and manners while Hispanic are dirty and barbarians, then they should not be linked to something as low as offering the kids they educate in their club to the pedophile community :shrugs:

That's why I say they are like that only in theory.... It's an image they've sold to the world.

All big teams have a time of glory and a time of shadows.

Brazil was beaten by Germany 7-0 in the last WC. We dont have legendary Italy in this WC. 

Argentina is not out of the ordinary :shrugs:

But Argentina believes it is out of the ordinary because of they have Messi. That's the problem. Football is a team sport. You need the right players in the right positions to do their part. Argentina made it to the final match in 2014 because it was a team effort. And I guess because they have a good manager as well

29 minutes ago, Padme said:

But Argentina believes it is out of the ordinary because of they have Messi. That's the problem. Football is a team sport. You need the right players in the right positions to do their part. Argentina made it to the final match in 2014 because it was a team effort. And I guess because they have a good manager as well

Argentina participation in WC is historical and their glory is not precisely thanks to Messi.

Our team is legendary because of Di Estefano, Kempes, Maradona, Batistuta. Winner of Copa América in several occasions and other important world tournaments, like the Olympics in Athens 2004.

I think you have a misconception of how people see the team here. It is pretty much divided and not everybody is a Messi "believer". The younger fans idolize him because he is contemporary to people in their 20s or 30s. But the older fans do not hold him so high, especially when he's not performed as expected in the last couple of years.

Messi has not proved himself like Maradona did. Fans know and perceive this.

Actually, today they showed in the local media that contrary to past times, many people did not give a damn about the match and at the time Arg was playing, lots of people were out in the streets doing their thing, normal daily life... so that shows the passion for the national team is declining.

Sampaoli spoke after the match and took all the blame on himself. That's the only coherent thing he's done so far. Unfortunately, his mea culpa is pretty useless at this point :shrugs:

Edited by killuridols

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Go tell that to Sampaoli :lol:

He is the one with issues to form a good team. He keeps changing people and experimenting like a mad professor in the middle of a high competition :facepalm:

He is the one who wrote a book saying how he doesnt believe in planning ahead :rolleyes:

Plan for worst, hope for the best: the life n rhymes of wasted

itsa hard without really solid mid and defense. England are same, Stones is not rock solid at all. Walker obviously doesnt want to play. Macguire did well. But then traditional centre mid seems to be Henderson. After that theres a lot of tic tacs and Kane our IQ hero. 

10 minutes ago, wasted said:

Plan for worst, hope for the best: the life n rhymes of wasted

itsa hard without really solid mid and defense. England are same, Stones is not rock solid at all. Walker obviously doesnt want to play. Macguire did well. But then traditional centre mid seems to be Henderson. After that theres a lot of tic tacs and Kane our IQ hero. 

But who picked those players? :question:

He did! Or was he told who he had to pick? (maybe there's a lil corruption in all that too).

All in all, it is only his fault if he doesnt have the players he needs, as he's paid millions to do it the right way.

He had one job. It is that simple. 

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

But who picked those players? :question:

He did! Or was he told who he had to pick? (maybe there's a lil corruption in all that too).

All in all, it is only his fault if he doesnt have the players he needs, as he's paid millions to do it the right way.

He had one job. It is that simple. 

I don’t know what players he has available. He doesn’t play Banega. Based on his name he’s in the team. 

Messi needs the team camped inside the oppos box. Then his trickery pays off. On the counter attack hes Sterling. So can Arge hold a high line? 

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

:question: 18 players out of 23 are hired in European teams

2 clubs? Lol, no, we have as many as to have our own tournaments but maybe those two are the most popular, to the foreign eyes. :shrugs:

The problem with our football is the AFA (Argentine Football Association). It is a corrupted institution that should be wiped from the roots and replaced with good honest people.

These results are entirely their fault. They picked this awful coach and they are to blame for the whole debacle, as the national team has been "lost" for quite some time now. They have no direction, coach was changed 3 times... No one wants to coach because there are so many hangers-on giving their unsolicited opinion and using their influences just to benefit themselves. The best coaches do not want to get involved in such a mess.

Hopefully, this huge mistake will make them rethink what they are doing and where they want to be. Though with so much arrogance and egos involved, I dont see how this will find a solution for the next WC.

I read a book on the subject and from what I can remember, the earliest football clubs were formed by British railway workers and those are the ones which carried English names, and soon after the Spanish-Italian migrants started forming their own clubs and those clubs carry Hispanic names. 

37 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Sampaoli spoke after the match and took all the blame on himself. That's the only coherent thing he's done so far. Unfortunately, his mea culpa is pretty useless at this point

Sampaoli's mistake was that he thought he was ready to face the challenge of a WC. Somebody asked him to be the manager. Who is the fuckin moron who decided to hire him to beging with? 

1 hour ago, Padme said:

You’ve got to play defensive to win WC unless your like some genius team. 

442 for Argentina. Counter attack. 

50 minutes ago, Padme said:

Sampaoli's mistake was that he thought he was ready to face the challenge of a WC. Somebody asked him to be the manager. Who is the fuckin moron who decided to hire him to beging with? 

Maradona should be the manager.

• Like 1

I really hope Island beat the shit outta Nigeria, but probably won't happend and Argentina gets to the round of 16.

As an Argentinian i want Argentina off this WC. I said it before, this coach doesn't belong there. Playin with 3.5.2 at a WC is fucking suicide.

If you want to go down at least have some dignity like our brothers from Peru, who fought till the end and didn't have a second chance.

If Argentina still have a chance to qualify i don't see how they can beat Nigeria, it would be another level of low.

I still put all my money to Uruguay. They have nothing but words n balls.

• Like 1