Axl, Duff and Dizzy hanging out together in belgium

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Because social media have created the delusion that people's lives are transparent, so, if something is not documented on the internet/social media, it's like it doesn't exist. For example, when there are no new pictures on the internet of someone famous, people automatically assume that this person hasn't been out all this time.

You're right. It was kind of a rhetorical question anyway because of this thread topic and the responses it got.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I went out to eat with my wife last night and no one even noticed. I was in a good mood but a little bloated after.

Did you wear a hat or bandanna? How about cowboy boots? Did your pants have holes in them? Did you find the time to serenade her in your It's so easy voice or You Could Be Mine? Did you hit the gym afterwards In order to lose some of that bloat? You don't have corn rows or a mustache do you? Did your mother also attend dinner? These seem to be very important questions on the forum here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's truly nice to see that Axl has regained a couple of his best friends in Slash and Duff. I think this is secretly what he always wanted but was too full of pride to take action. 

After saying hi I'd ask what the chances of Matt and Gilby rejoining are.

• Like 1

On 23.6.2018 at 3:34 AM, SlashisGOD said:

It's truly nice to see that Axl has regained a couple of his best friends in Slash and Duff. I think this is secretly what he always wanted but was too full of pride to take action. 

After saying hi I'd ask what the chances of Matt and Gilby rejoining are.

Would you really want to destroy the good atmosphere? 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

On 21 de junio de 2018 at 4:40 PM, Blackstar said:

Because social media have created the delusion that people's lives are transparent, so, if something is not documented on the internet/social media, it's like it doesn't exist. For example, when there are no new pictures on the internet of someone famous, people automatically assume that this person hasn't been out all this time.

True to an extent, because cellphones with cameras are everywhere, so you might not want to have your life documented on social media and do this by yourself, like most people do, but when you are famous you have no control over what other people do with their cameras, so... in some ways... it is plausible to think that no pictures mean something.

14 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

I just want to know if they’ll do guest appearances. I mean I’d rather have them back but it is what it is.

Gilby was offered a guest appearance and turned it down due to other commitments.

Edited by History2010

On 6/21/2018 at 2:56 PM, shotsfired cro said:

...and nobody approaches him to ask about Izzy rejoining and Ferrer sacking ...

I'm pretty sure we know why Izzy isn't with the band - he didn't want to take a smaller cut that was offered due to his reputation for being unreliable, aloof, and tumbleweed mentality. And for the millionth time, Frank's timing are not actual issues - the band agreed to pick up the pace during the pre-Troubadour rehearsals

• Like 2

On 26. 06. 2018. at 6:04 AM, brownstone91 said:

I'm pretty sure we know why Izzy isn't with the band - he didn't want to take a smaller cut that was offered due to his reputation for being unreliable, aloof, and tumbleweed mentality. And for the millionth time, Frank's timing are not actual issues - the band agreed to pick up the pace during the pre-Troubadour rehearsals

who ever said anything about timing!?!?  Timing is the least problem in Frank's drumming! There is at least million other issues.

as far as Izzy, yes, one of the possible questions could be why he wasn't given equal cut, right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

who ever said anything about timing!?!?  Timing is the least problem in Frank's drumming! There is at least million other issues.

as far as Izzy, yes, one of the possible questions could be why he wasn't given equal cut, right? 

Everyone talks about his timing and playing songs too fast. Where have you been?

22 hours ago, brownstone91 said:

Everyone talks about his timing and playing songs too fast. Where have you been?

Here and you?

It seems you can't bother reading, can you? It is kinda hard arguing with someone who doesn't understand the subject. I never said timing WASN'T his problem, I said there is a million other problems that are bigger, get it? Got it? Good!

19 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Here and you?

It seems you can't bother reading, can you? It is kinda hard arguing with someone who doesn't understand the subject. I never said timing WASN'T his problem, I said there is a million other problems that are bigger, get it? Got it? Good!

You said "Who ever said anything about timing?" to which I responded EVERYONE. It seems as if you don't understand how conversations work. What are your biggest gripes with Frank?

15 hours ago, brownstone91 said:

You said "Who ever said anything about timing?" to which I responded EVERYONE. It seems as if you don't understand how conversations work. What are your biggest gripes with Frank?

I never ever said a word of timing nor id I go into details why I wanted him out. Scroll back and you will see.  So much about understanding how much conversations work...

But now you are asking...Everything, the full picture. Timing is just a a small part.  The way he sounds, the parts he misses...the list is ongoing

3 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

I never ever said a word of timing nor id I go into details why I wanted him out. Scroll back and you will see.  So much about understanding how much conversations work...

But now you are asking...Everything, the full picture. Timing is just a a small part.  The way he sounds, the parts he misses...the list is ongoing

Regardless of whether you said anything about timing, you do know how it is discussed on this forum ad nauseam so to act as if it's not germane to your opinion that he should be "sacked" is disingenuous. In fact, to call his timing a small part of it is like saying the direction to which the band was going in 1996 is a small part of the reason Slash left. Nevertheless, do you think Frank is unintentionally missing parts in songs that he's played live for the last decade+ or do you think it's intentional and you just prefer that he plays the songs the way you want them to be played? Is it quite possible that he tinkers with certain songs in rehearsals and it's agreed upon by the band to play it that way?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 02. 07. 2018. at 4:24 PM, brownstone91 said:

Regardless of whether you said anything about timing, you do know how it is discussed on this forum ad nauseam so to act as if it's not germane to your opinion that he should be "sacked" is disingenuous. In fact, to call his timing a small part of it is like saying the direction to which the band was going in 1996 is a small part of the reason Slash left. Nevertheless, do you think Frank is unintentionally missing parts in songs that he's played live for the last decade+ or do you think it's intentional and you just prefer that he plays the songs the way you want them to be played? Is it quite possible that he tinkers with certain songs in rehearsals and it's agreed upon by the band to play it that way?

dude...unless you are Frank himself, just face it. The guy is a shitty drumer PERIOD.  If you are deaf, the rest of the universe is not. You know, some of us got into GNR waaaay bfore 2016.  Frank doesn't know shit about druming END OF STORY.

• Like 1