Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

21 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

So... almost three years later, I find this album really rocking. 'Mind Your Manners' grew on me big time.

I come back to LTD quite often. such an easy listen, every song got something to offer. Even if it's not as ambitious as WOF, I think the band got tighter with LTD. Super excited to hear the new album.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Some very good songs on here, I was far too critical of this album when it first came out. Mind Your Manners and Sugar Cane are solid straight rockers. Sugar Cane’s verse riff in particular reminds me of the post-chorus riff in Mean Bone. You can’t go wrong with the ballady songs either, The Great Pretender, LITG, and TOYLIG are probably the best three tracks on the album.

While not Slash’s best post-GNR work, Living the Dream is consistent and the perfect length. It manages not to overstay its welcome like the other two SMKC albums.

All that being said, I can only take Myles Kennedy’s voice in moderation and his songwriting results in many of the songs sounding the same. It’s a shame the Ain’t Life Grand crew couldn’t get it together and record more albums.

Edited by ApacheChief42
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 7:15 PM, ApacheChief42 said:

Some very good songs on here, I was far too critical of this album when it first came out. Mind Your Manners and Sugar Cane are solid straight rockers. Sugar Cane’s verse riff in particular reminds me of the post-chorus riff in Mean Bone. You can’t go wrong with the ballady songs either, The Great Pretender, LITG, and TOYLIG are probably the best three tracks on the album.

While not Slash’s best post-GNR work, Living the Dream is consistent and the perfect length. It manages not to overstay its welcome like the other two SMKC albums.

All that being said, I can only take Myles Kennedy’s voice in moderation and his songwriting results in many of the songs sounding the same. It’s a shame the Ain’t Life Grand crew couldn’t get it together and record more albums.

The lead singles and Sugar Cane will never grow on me I think :lol: but many songs are really good and on this board that record got off worse than it really was imo.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, ApacheChief42 said:

I listened to Ain't Life Grand today in full for the first time in a long time. Always really liked that record, and man, it still sounds great. It is definitely the dark horse of Slash's career. Guitar tones are ferocious, Slash's best outside of GNR. The songs flow together we'll, all have interesting parts and hooks, and there are some real album standouts. 

Awesome record

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I listened to Ain't Life Grand today in full for the first time in a long time. Always really liked that record, and man, it still sounds great. It is definitely the dark horse of Slash's career. Guitar tones are ferocious, Slash's best outside of GNR. The songs flow together we'll, all have interesting parts and hooks, and there are some real album standouts. 

Awesome record

That's really a brilliant record that gets only topped by It's 5 O'clock Somewhere out of Slash's discography post GNR :slash: