BadApples99

Interview: Slash Admits Guns N’ Roses’ Songs Are ‘Sort of Sexist’

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

A bunch of fully grown men with donglers hangin' down to their ankles moaning about fuckin' sexism, i ask you :lol:  And half of it is just some kind of instinctive lash back at the fact that, God fuckin' forbid, women ask for equal fuckin' pay for a fair shout in 'x' aspect of society.  Scared that women are gonna take over or something :lol:  'OMG, Cardi B's lyrics are like, degrading to men!', oh great, thats just fuckin' dandy in it, all the birds and all the blokes all equally gettin' their knickers in a knot, see where that fuckin' leads ya, we can all strap on the chastity belts, see where that fuckin' gets us :lol:

So yeah, birds, degrade me all you fuckin' like dears, crack on :lol:  Scared of a bunch of birds, Christ Almighty :lol:

I for one, agree with most of what you said here, I just don't like this "politically correct" society we are turning into. I would rather everyone have an equal opportunity to bash, mock, and degrade everyone else. But that's not really the case right now is it? Only certain groups are allowed to talk about other groups, how is that fair? Because one side did things in the past? Oh boo who, you go back through history long enough you will find EVERY group has gotten the short end of the stick at one time or another. 

If black folks want to mock white folks, it's considered comedy. If women want to make fun of men, it's empowerment. But if those get reversed it's considered racists or sexists, Why? I don't get that, why the double standard? I understood it more back in 19XX, the wounds were still a little fresh, I get it. But I was born in 1981, I'm about to be 37 years old. Whatever happened "way back when" was THEN, this is NOW. There has to be an expiration date on this one sided crap. I'm not sexist, I'm not racist, most of the people my age are the same way. Why do we have to be subjected to reverse racism and sexism for things we played no part in? I got called "Opie" by some of my black friends as a kid, how was that not racist? Could I call them "Buckwheat"? No, that would be racist. I just don't understand this double standard.

I saw an advertisement for a new sitcom called "The Neighborhood". In it Cedrick the Entertainer uses his "white guy voice" to mock white people. But that's considered ok and funny. But if a white guy did the same thing but reversed, it's considered racism. Where are these rules coming from??? To be honest, I miss the days when things were not so "off the table". Jokes were funnier, music was better, movies were better. I wish everyone wasn't so sensitive. The ONLY reason why I'm "offended" by that show, is because I know it's a clear double standard. At some point you get sick of getting attacked for being a white male, when you didn't do anything that caused any of this crap. 

As for you Len, if you lived here in America and said what you just said above, that would be considered sexist, FYI.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He said ya momma ain't shit too.  In PM, to me.  I didn't want it to come out like this but I just can't stand by while people talk down about you man.

It’s true, I overheard the whole thing.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well You're So Vain and You Oughta Know are empowering. Yet those songs are not similar to Back Off Bitch or UTLH. Power not necessarily needs derogatory words

You missed my point completely. 

You know... All I said was "Snoop said a bad thing first." as a joke to someone else. :lol:

Crazy times when that gets twisted into all this confusions and unwarranted accusations :P 

• Like 1

I for one, agree with most of what you said here, I just don't like this "politically correct" society we are turning into. I would rather everyone have an equal opportunity to bash, mock, and degrade everyone else. But that's not really the case right now is it? Only certain groups are allowed to talk about other groups, how is that fair? Because one side did things in the past? Oh boo who, you go back through history long enough you will find EVERY group has gotten the short end of the stick at one time or another. 

Its more or less the case to be honest.  You are free in America to voice an opinion, any opinion in fact, however unpopular.  People responding negatively to your opinion or feelings or acts and actions does not equate to you being denied the right too.  As far as people doing bad things in the past and its relevance to the present day I guess it all depends how long ago in the distant past it was and whether it has rammifications in the modern day.  But if a wrong was done then I don't think people should be afraid to talk about it. 

If black folks want to mock white folks, it's considered comedy. If women want to make fun of men, it's empowerment. But if those get reversed it's considered racists or sexists, Why? I don't get that, why the double standard? I understood it more back in 19XX, the wounds were still a little fresh, I get it. But I was born in 1981, I'm about to be 37 years old. Whatever happened "way back when" was THEN, this is NOW. There has to be an expiration date on this one sided crap. I'm not sexist, I'm not racist, most of the people my age are the same way. Why do we have to be subjected to reverse racism and sexism for things we played no part in? I got called "Opie" by some of my black friends as a kid, how was that not racist? Could I call them "Buckwheat"? No, that would be racist. I just don't understand this double standard.

Men make fun of women plenty, don't get it twisted, no one stopping misogyny, like you said listen to a Snoop album or any number of rap albums, it happens.  Listen to any number of stand up comics, they make jokes about women up and down.  As far as what you did or didn't say to the black kid in reply to their calling you Opie well thats your own political correctness isn't it?  You could've said what you like...but you'd have to stand for the consequences is all, these roles are intechangeable in a million locations all over the world, you just play the hand you're dealt. 

I saw an advertisement for a new sitcom called "The Neighborhood". In it Cedrick the Entertainer uses his "white guy voice" to mock white people. But that's considered ok and funny. But if a white guy did the same thing but reversed, it's considered racism. Where are these rules coming from??? To be honest, I miss the days when things were not so "off the table". Jokes were funnier, music was better, movies were better. I wish everyone wasn't so sensitive. The ONLY reason why I'm "offended" by that show, is because I know it's a clear double standard. At some point you get sick of getting attacked for being a white male, when you didn't do anything that caused any of this crap. 

Well there is such a thing as punching down y'know?  The black minority making fun of a white voice is kinda lightweight really, isn't it?  It doesn't carry the same weight as when done in reverse...and I know you know this cuz if you didn't, if it didn't prick your conscience you would've said something back to the black guys who called you Opie (unless you were just scared of gettin' a kicking).  But there are stereotypical prejudices espoused about black guys all the time, just look at some of the memes out there like that 'thats racissss' one.  Black guys are more athletic, Black guys have better physiques because they have better genetics, black guys have big dicks, all of this stuff is prevalent stereotypes in society.  I'm not saying that your position is necessarily wrong, I just think perhaps you take some kinda pithy shit a bit too seriously.

As for you Len, if you lived here in America and said what you just said above, that would be considered sexist, FYI.

I know, it would here as well but I don't give a fuck.  See, see how empowering that is? :lol:  Say it with me now, I don't give a fuck :lol:  I'm Asian, asian jokes don't bother me, jokes are jokes, take em like one.  I know who I am and what I am so what do I give a shit is some yahoo goes 'you're a sexist', don't bother me none.  What are you gonna do about it if I am?  Exactly, nothing. (i don't mean you personally, I mean the universal you).

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

A bunch of fully grown men with donglers hangin' down to their ankles moaning about fuckin' sexism, i ask you :lol:  And half of it is just some kind of instinctive lash back at the fact that, God fuckin' forbid, women ask for equal fuckin' pay for a fair shout in 'x' aspect of society.  Scared that women are gonna take over or something :lol:  'OMG, Cardi B's lyrics are like, degrading to men!', oh great, thats just fuckin' dandy innit, all the birds and all the blokes all equally gettin' their knickers in a knot, see where that fuckin' leads ya, we can all strap on the chastity belts, wonderful :lol:

So yeah, birds, degrade me all you fuckin' like dears, crack on :lol:  Scared of a bunch of birds, Christ Almighty :lol:

I don't get offended or threatened by dumb shit like man-hating or reverse racism aka racism, if you could hear my tone of voice you'd stop imagining me yelling and punch-typing my keyboard lol. Stuff like mindless political correctness and hypocrisy is irritating, I'm sorry but it is and beyond that, like you, I'm thinking just chill the fuck out. It can also be damaging, not to me but ironically genuine feminist or whatever struggles.

Edited by Oldest Goat

28 minutes ago, username said:

You missed my point completely. 

What was it then?

1 hour ago, Lio said:

We do. Slash made lots of albums, Duff had a couple too, I think, and Axl had CD. I'm not an expert, but I don't think any of those had sexist lyrics like in the AFD days?

Not specifically talking about GNR now, but I don't think we should judge artists on stuff they released many decades ago. I'd rather look at what's happening now.

I dont own any Slash or Duff albums so I have no elements to judge on that, however, we are talking about material released by the whole band and that's what the discussion is about.

CD does not contain lyrics like those of AFD but it wasn't written by the same people who wrote AFD, except for Axl, and its already a 10 years old album, that's why I don't take it as a parameter to measure where Gn'R is at now, as a band.

2 hours ago, Lio said:

And yes, it was a very different time. It was a time a famous 52 year old rockstar married an 18 year old girl he'd been in a relationship with for 5 years.

Not sure who you are talking about but are you saying that nowadays old men do not date or marry underage women anymore?

GN'R's stuff being sexist is rather analogous to, is the pope a catholic?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont own any Slash or Duff albums so I have no elements to judge on that, however, we are talking about material released by the whole band and that's what the discussion is about.

CD does not contain lyrics like those of AFD but it wasn't written by the same people who wrote AFD, except for Axl, and its already a 10 years old album, that's why I don't take it as a parameter to measure where Gn'R is at now, as a band.

Not sure who you are talking about but are you saying that nowadays old men do not date or marry underage women anymore?

18 is underaged?  You can get married at 16 can't you? 

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm not saying that your position is necessarily wrong, I just think perhaps you take some kinda pithy shit a bit too seriously.

I know, it would here as well but I don't give a fuck.  See, see how empowering that is? :lol:  Say it with me now, I don't give a fuck :lol:  I'm Asian, asian jokes don't bother me, jokes are jokes, take em like one.  I know who I am and what I am so what do I give a shit is some yahoo goes 'you're a sexist', don't bother me none.  What are you gonna do about it if I am?  Exactly, nothing. (i don't mean you personally, I mean the universal you).

As for the part I bolded, let me just say I do and don't take it all that seriously. For me personally, I don't really care tbh. We just get hit with stuff on a daily basis it seems like right now. Honestly, as far as sexism goes, I feel MANY of these SJW types are missing the point (at least for me), women are spending too much time trying to prove they can do everything a man can do, instead of appreciating they can do everything a man can't do. Which I'm not talking about just having babies. Women are absolutely amazing, wonderful, and BETTER than men in most ways. IMO trying act like men is actually taking away from how special they truly are. 

As for race, what worries me is I have a 3 year old little white boy. He was born in 2015, and the thought of him growing up in an era that makes him feel bad about being those things worries me. That's why I said there needs to be an expiration date for this crap. Maybe we are not there yet, but it should be sooner as opposed to later imo.

As for the rest of your statement, the fact that you ARE Asian leads me to my final point, there is this idea (here in America especially) that a thing called "white privilege" exists. But it's an ideology that holds no water. Why? Asians are the MOST successful race here in America. They went through a lot of bigotry and hatred as well, yet they prosper. Why is that? So "white people" have been able to keep all races down, yet this group is MORE successful (by average) than even white people. It doesn't make any sense? The truth is race has NOTHING to do with prosperity in America anymore. So what does then?

It is a proven FACT that two factors lead to fincial success or failed in life, education and children outside of wedlock. These are the two MAIN reasons why Asians are the top race in America. They are the most educated and they very rarely have children outside of marriage. It is also why African Americans are on the lower end of the spectrum, they are not (by average) as educated and they DO have a lot of children outside of marriage. It's also why white people are in reality are the middle group, because we do a lot of both. 

Facts tell the story a lot more than feelings do. But liberals don't want to talk about Asians, because it proves that ANY race can succeed in America. We have to get away from this victim mentality. Stop asking for help, instead help yourself. 

Ok rant over 😉

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

GN'R's stuff being sexist is rather analogous to, is the pope a catholic?

Time Will tell on that one buddy. I'm still waiting for more facts before I decide that one for myself. 😉

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It was Rolling Stone Bill Wyman. But Steven Tyler used to date a 13 year old too, I think, and I'm sure there were more. Jerry Lee Lewis was another famous example.

I know Wyman dating and marrying a child, basically, caused a lot of upset even thirty years ago. Of course there are still lots of couples with a huge age difference, but I can't imagine a 50 year old rock star today dating a 15 year old girl. So, yes, according to me, it most certainly was a different time.

3 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Time Will tell on that one buddy. I'm still waiting for more facts before I decide that one for myself. 😉

Oh. Opened up a can of worms there, haven't I? Sedevacantism and so forth.

Jesusmotherfuckingchrist why does he even comment on those questions?? First they cut out a song they once fought for and now it's no questions about this and none about that please but supporting and complying to a questionable political agenda censoring freedom of speech and thought as racist and sexism on the back of the entire bands legacy any time just to bend over for the mainstream for a little more attention? Fuck. That. Shit. I'm so sick of what corporate whore this whole enterprise has become. Wake me up when there's new music or Axl or Izzy have something to say, they seem to be the only ones with at least half a spine left.

• Like 1

In Mass a 12 year old girl can be married off by her parents. In some US States a girl can be married off by her parents at age 15. In States where the age is different for males and females, the males age is always higher.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/table_marriage

According to this, Between 2000 and 2015, at least 207,459 minors were married in the United States

As for the part I bolded, let me just say I do and don't take it all that seriously. For me personally, I don't really care tbh. We just get hit with stuff on a daily basis it seems like right now. Honestly, as far as sexism goes, I feel MANY of these SJW types are missing the point (at least for me), women are spending too much time trying to prove they can do everything a man can do, instead of appreciating they can do everything a man can't do. Which I'm not talking about just having babies. Women are absolutely amazing, wonderful, and BETTER than men in most ways. IMO trying act like men is actually taking away from how special they truly are. 

Mildly patronizing for the birds I imagine but nevermind :lol:  Calling them 'the birds' is as well come to that :lol:

As for race, what worries me is I have a 3 year old little white boy. He was born in 2015, and the thought of him growing up in an era that makes him feel bad about being those things worries me. That's why I said there needs to be an expiration date for this crap. Maybe we are not there yet, but it should be sooner as opposed to later imo.

Well thats where you as a parent come in to teach him whats what.  Easier said than done against the tides of society but hey, its what you sign up for.

As for the rest of your statement, the fact that you ARE Asian leads me to my final point, there is this idea (here in America especially) that a thing called "white privilege" exists. But it's an ideology that holds no water. Why? Asians are the MOST successful race here in America. They went through a lot of bigotry and hatred as well, yet they prosper. Why is that? So "white people" have been able to keep all races down, yet this group is MORE successful (by average) than even white people. It doesn't make any sense? The truth is race has NOTHING to do with prosperity in America anymore. So what does then?

The concept of white privelige doesn't mean that other races can't get on in life, its saying that white people are afforded certain privelige by default over and above others. 

It is a proven FACT that two factors lead to fincial success or failed in life, education and children outside of wedlock. These are the two MAIN reasons why Asians are the top race in America. They are the most educated and they very rarely have children outside of marriage. It is also why African Americans are on the lower end of the spectrum, they are not (by average) as educated and they DO have a lot of children outside of marriage. It's also why white people are in reality are the middle group, because we do a lot of both. 

Why do you consider those factors to be the definitive ones over and above others? 

Facts tell the story a lot more than feelings do. But liberals don't want to talk about Asians, because it proves that ANY race can succeed in America. We have to get away from this victim mentality. Stop asking for help, instead help yourself. 

Facts tell the story, feelings help in being able to properly interpret the facts, without heart behind your thinking facts and figures can lead us all to some very disturbing conclusions about how the world could be a better place.  And as far as victim mentality, as a male, in a male dominant culture, arguably THE dominant culture in the world today at that, as well as being a member of the dominant race of said culture, do you not think that some of your indignance here could be construed as being indicative of something of a victim mentality? 

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

18 is underaged?  You can get married at 16 can't you? 

That will depend on the laws of each country :shrugs:

But Lio was talking about some old rocker who married an 18 years old girl he had been dating for 5 years prior to that, so that makes the girl underaged by the time the relationship started.

I don't know what the heck that's got to do with GN'R and this discussion, though.

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

It was Rolling Stone Bill Wyman. But Steven Tyler used to date a 13 year old too, I think, and I'm sure there were more. Jerry Lee Lewis was another famous example.

I know Wyman dating and marrying a child, basically, caused a lot of upset even thirty years ago. Of course there are still lots of couples with a huge age difference, but I can't imagine a 50 year old rock star today dating a 15 year old girl. So, yes, according to me, it most certainly was a different time.

And you think rockers represent the whole world, huh?

NOTHING has changed regarding that shit. Old men still abuse women of all ages, but preferably the younger ones. Especially in oppressive societies that do not make headlines of Hollywood tabloids, virgin girls are still a trophy many degenerates go after.

But if you want to talk about Guns N' Roses, do not make me go looking for that picture of 50+ Axl Rose grabbing the butt (and signing it) of an underage Canadian fan girl. A little search on Instagram would quickly throw the results for the pictures I am talking about and most of us have seen.

15 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Honestly, as far as sexism goes, I feel MANY of these SJW types are missing the point (at least for me), women are spending too much time trying to prove they can do everything a man can do, instead of appreciating they can do everything a man can't do. Which I'm not talking about just having babies. Women are absolutely amazing, wonderful, and BETTER than men in most ways. IMO trying act like men is actually taking away from how special they truly are. 

What a whole load of bullshit! :facepalm:

No one is trying to act like men or prove any shit. What we are trying to do is live our own fucking lives depending the least we can from people who have been oppressing us for centuries.

We women just want to live life as any other human beings, because FIRST and FOREMOST we are HUMAN BEINGS and we are not better or worse than men. It all depends on the chances that every person was given throughout their lives: nurture, education, health care, freedom, equal opportunities.

When someone is given the basics to function as a normal person in society, it doesn't matter if you are male or female, that person will be able to advance in life. Obviously, we have some biological differences but the rest is mostly cultural.

Women can have a job, live alone, take care of themselves, do the groceries, change the lightbulbs, fix whatever shit that breaks in the house, etc. etc. I know this because I do it myself and I don't depend on any man for it. I ain't fucking special or anything. I'm a human being with enough intelligence, who quickly found out that I could learn many things that I was supposed not to and thus, do not require the assistance of others for the most basic daily things in life.

do the groceries, change the lightbulbs, fix whatever shit that breaks in the house, etc. etc.

I struggle immensely with this bit :lol:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Jesusmotherfuckingchrist why does he even comment on those questions?? First they cut out a song they once fought for 

They fought for? I thought it was just Axl. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The other day I cut plastic with a knife that I heated on the stove... very dangerous shit women shouldn't be doing because "we are ezpezial" :facepalm:

And yeah, my plastic container now looks fantastic with its shaped edges :slash:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But Lio was talking about some old rocker who married an 18 years old girl he had been dating for 5 years prior to that, so that makes the girl underaged by the time the relationship started.

I don't know what the heck that's got to do with GN'R and this discussion, though.

And you think rockers represent the whole world, huh?

NOTHING has changed regarding that shit. Old men still abuse women of all ages, but preferably the younger ones. Especially in oppressive societies that do not make headlines of Hollywood tabloids, virgin girls are still a trophy many degenerates go after.

But if you want to talk about Guns N' Roses, do not make me go looking for that picture of 50+ Axl Rose grabbing the butt (and signing it) of an underage Canadian fan girl. A little search on Instagram would quickly throw the results for the pictures I am talking about and most of us have seen.

Um, I was saying it was a different time, giving the example of the old rockers. You didn't know who I meant, so I explained. How can I argue my stance that it was a different time by only mentioning AFD lyrics?

Nowhere have I said that abuse of women or kids doesn't happen anymore.

And signing a butt may be in poor taste, but it's not having sex with a 14 year old.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The other day I cut plastic with a knife that I heated on the stove... very dangerous shit women shouldn't be doing because "we are ezpezial" :facepalm:

And yeah, my plastic container now looks fantastic with its shaped edges :slash:

Grocery shopping, ugh, the most tedious shit in the world!  And there's never a lightbulb around when I need one.  The first thing I do is wander about looking for a lamp or somewhere else I can nick one out of.  And as for fixing things around the house, well I got more bitch in me than you when it comes to that shit, I couldn't fix lego together :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Indeed you struggle with the word "this" even :lol:

• Haha 1