GNR at Austin City Limits Music Festival *CONFIRMED*

It seems like it'll be similar to Coachella where they play both weekends, only this time we'll get a pro-shot recording (right?). But the headliners (and the other bands) who are only playing one weekend are clearly listed so; Cardi B (Weekend 1 only) and Robyn (Weekend 2 only). Since GNR aren't listed as 'Weekend X Only' it's implied that they'll play both weekends.

D5aErRVWkAAxxM2.jpg:large

2 hours ago, lafemmeonachair said:

it says so on the tour page on the GNR website for both Fridays 

Additionally, for the past 4 years, the top billed headliner has played on Friday. 

For example:

Foo Fighters in 2015

Radiohead in 2016

Jay Z in 2017

Paul McCartney in 2018

It only makes sense that they’ll play on Friday 

Edited by andrew032302
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Hope his voice is in good shape by then.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Hope his voice is in good shape by then.

:lol:Thats generally the question for any GNR tour.

Looking at the acts, looks like its a festival that will be full of bearded hipsters wearing trucker caps. Maybe the usual Coachella insta fans will be attending as well. I notice theres a couple of Australian acts on the bill to.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Decided I’m going to try to hold off and see what solo shows get announced around these dates, because I doubt they’ll be these four festival shows and that’s it.

But if not then I might make a road trip out of those two weeks and hit all four.

You think they will put up their whole stage just for a few shows? i kinda doubt it.. but i am hoping for that too.

7 hours ago, Flake said:

You think they will put up their whole stage just for a few shows? i kinda doubt it.. but i am hoping for that too.

I am hoping for a Dallas arena show between the ACL gigs. 

I went to ACL in 2011 and it was a complete madhouse. 50,000 people going in every direction all the time.

I would NOT go to ACL alone. It's simply too easy to become a victim (especially if you're female), if you have no one looking out for you.

I am planning to go with a group of friends.

In regards to the staging, GNR could do these festivals "on the cheap". By that I mean, GNR could just use the staging and PA gear provided by the promoters.

Guns may perform an abbreviated set. I did read that even Paul McCartney had to trim his set time last year.

Zilker park is in a residential area. I believe all shows must be over by midnight.

IMO, a strong 150 minute GNR show without the covers, and a small dose of Chinese Democracy material, would be much more enjoyable than the bloated 3.5 hour 2017 setlists.

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

Guns may perform an abbreviated set. I did read that even Paul McCartney had to trim his set time last year.

IMO, a strong 150 minute GNR show without the covers, and a small dose of Chinese Democracy material, would be much more enjoyable than the bloated 3.5 hour 2017 setlists.

Yep, McCartney had to bring his usual 2:45 set down to 2:15, it was still magical though. Considering the shows at the beginning of NITL were around 2:15-2:30, I think they could trim the set with no problem.

I guess the buzz around the ACL Festival shows has died. This thread hasn't even been "stickied" yet.

Once the hype dissipated, I realized that I had second thoughts about attending either of the ACL gigs.

The tickets may be "cheap" by GNR standards.

However, the festival will be a zoo full of drunken assholes and entitled spectators.

The ACL Fest GNR gigs may be more trouble than they are worth for me.

At least I have 5 months to make a decision. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bailey15 said:

I hope that this is support an upcoming late fall/ early winter release. We all no how Gn'R world goes...but they could meet that deadline if they "wanted" to. They are have plenty of ideas to work with.

I can see them having a one-off single out by then, but not an album.