"Makeup supplied by MAC"... and other endorsements

highvoltage

Anyone else seen the "Makeup supplied by MAC" under the logo on the screens at gigs before the show starts? Anyone else think it's just a little....erm... weird? :lol:

I get that the band probably needs these kinds of endorsements to stay afloat... and I also get that a few of them wear makeup on stage. It just struck me as a little weird that this was the most prominently displayed endorsement on the Aus tour and in Vegas.

Not having a go or anything, not bothered by it... not that significant at the end of the day. Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this kind of thing, and what other brands you've noticed sponsoring the band at shows (such as Monster).

That's weird. I would have thought DJ would have had his own Ashba Swag makeup line.

I have no problem with corporate sponsorship. The Monster can on Axl's piano is a bit cheesy though.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Guest bellastar2355

I love MAC makeup, my very favourite. Beta and Vanessa probably did a deal to get a shitload of free stuff. I know I would lol!

It's sad that they would use their position to get a result

but then again

I have no problem with corporate sponsorship. The Monster can on Axl's piano is a bit cheesy though.

It's not there anymore... Actually, the only Monster thing I noticed was DJ wearing the shirt for a few songs.

Monster is for USA gigs I rekon

If you think Guns N' Roses is the only band to have affiliates or sponsors, you're terribly wrong. This isn't the 80's. There are actually alot of companies that pay good money to bands. There's nothing wrong with it.

It's true. Axl whores out his band's name just like a lot of other whore bands do.

It's not there anymore... Actually, the only Monster thing I noticed was DJ wearing the shirt for a few songs.

Monster is for USA gigs I rekon

That would make sense. :)

It's quite normal for bands to have some kind of corporate sponsorship these days guys. If the end result is that we get bigger and better stages/shows on the tours, then that's only a good thing for us.

I imagine ticket prices would be even higher without this kind of thing as well. So, like I said in the OP, not having a slag... just thought that the makeup one looked a little strange to see. Endorsement deals aren't a bad thing; in the day and age we live in where it's harder and harder for bands to make money, they're a necessary part of the touring environment.

Axl has worn eyeliner for some time now.

It's not unusual for rock stars to wear makeup on stage but it's ridiculous to advertise the fact. It's just the completely wrong message to send out. Someone needs to be paying more attention to image control. I love this band and support most of their efforts but conspicuous product placement and inappropriate product promotion doesn't help with their credibility.

Axl has worn eyeliner for some time now.

It's not unusual for rock stars to wear makeup on stage but it's ridiculous to advertise the fact. It's just the completely wrong message to send out. Someone needs to be paying more attention to image control. I love this band and support most of their efforts but conspicuous product placement and inappropriate product promotion doesn't help with their credibility.

well i mean like, until this thread was started, i doubt too many people even noticed it; or if they did, gave it much thought.

That's like the worst endorsement they could show like that, LOL. I mean... Get Axl to start wearig certain brand clothes, sunglasses, get Gibson, Marshall, Vigier, Trussart, any instrument brand on there but not a freakin' make-up brand! If it were KISS, fine. But GnR? C'mon....