Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went and saw The Great Gatsby this evening. They should have told the viewer to light up a joint while putting on their 3D glasses. I thought it was a mixed bag, The Jay Z rap bits and 3D imagery were annoying and completely unnecessary, however I will say that the movie did enough to remind me how amazing the book is. It could have been a great movie in another directors hands, but hey, it still beats going to see Iron Man.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Jay z soundtrack idea sounds awful but theres already the Redford film which must be straight.

I've never liked Jay Z.

He has a quite a few good songs but I don't like him, he doesn't seem like he could do murder.

Watched Iron Man 3 last night. Was disappointed at the fact that there wasn't a single scene where he was in the suit kicking ass, and the villain was shit. Loved Ben Kingsley though.

I thought the same thing about him being in the suit. What the fuck? And yeah, villain could have definitely been better.

Watched Iron Man 3 last night. Was disappointed at the fact that there wasn't a single scene where he was in the suit kicking ass, and the villain was shit. Loved Ben Kingsley though.

I thought the same thing about him being in the suit. What the fuck? And yeah, villain could have definitely been better.

Like, I didn't mind the fact that he spent the majority of the movie out of the suit, but I felt like it was building up to a scene where he DID kick the villain's ass while in the suit, and it just never really happened.

Guest Len B'stard

Rewatched:

The Hunting Party - Oliver Reed, Gene Hackman, Candice Bergen. Oliver Reed plays an outlaw that wants to learn how to read so he kidnaps a school teacher and it turns out shes the wife of this slightly mental big city big nob whoose also a sexual sadist that goes out with a bunch of mates as a posse, armed with newly invented rifles with telescopic sights that can take a man out from 800 yards and the set about hunting Olly and the boys. Candice Bergen ends up falling for Olly Reeds character (which is strange cuz he rapes her at one point) and....oh just watch the fucking film, alright? :lol:

Stephen Chow did Shaolin Soccer too?

CJ7 is a sci-fi movie which just looked too weird to watch, but Kung Fu Hustle is pretty watchable.

Yes. I liked CJ7 but both Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer are damn funny IMO.

Is CJ7 watchable I saw a trailer and it just looks so quirky, is it as funny?

Sinister. that was messed up.

Stephen Chow did Shaolin Soccer too?

CJ7 is a sci-fi movie which just looked too weird to watch, but Kung Fu Hustle is pretty watchable.

Yes. I liked CJ7 but both Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer are damn funny IMO.

Is CJ7 watchable I saw a trailer and it just looks so quirky, is it as funny?

Sinister. that was messed up.

Nah, it's not funny. It's more for children. I liked it though.

Guest Len B'stard

Watched Bad Education today. Weird but expectable coming from Almodóvar.

Good ol' Pedro, never lets the side down, eh? :D Love that film.