Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I want to know one thing, one thing only, from the horses mouth - are these fucking shows happening or not? Why can't someone come out and say, the tweet is bullshit, it's not true - shows are happening!?

Did you not see Eric Romano's post on the subject? He said he heard directly from the GN'R camp. I agree that it would be best for GN'R to say it themselves, but I don't think Eric has any reason to lie.

Ali

I don't think he's lying, but if they knew that for sure, why wouldn't they comment publicly instead of sending a private message to someone? Seems they're not very confident that they're right.

I want to know one thing, one thing only, from the horses mouth - are these fucking shows happening or not? Why can't someone come out and say, the tweet is bullshit, it's not true - shows are happening!?

Did you not see Eric Romano's post on the subject? He said he heard directly from the GN'R camp. I agree that it would be best for GN'R to say it themselves, but I don't think Eric has any reason to lie.

Ali

Eric would not lie, i don't see him as the kind of guy to leave fans hanging but it begs the question, so easy to get to him and pass along word yet so hard to get a press release out?

Maybe a message via forum is easier to disregard when the truth emerges, it gets buried way easier than a public press release

Still don't buy this hacked twitter account excuse... If it was Bumblefoot doesn't act like he knows:

Give it 24 hours, hopefully whatever it is will get resolved.

(No one quit the band or anything like that...)

... Gotta get back to copy/pasting resonses to 500 emails about Axl's fucking tweet.....

Ron's reaction does not seem indicative of a person that see's this as a hacking thing, he seems to be taking this more personally than i would expect.I have to agree i don't think anything was hacked but that stuff was typed instead of thought then people tried back peddling

I think that you are overthinking this whole thingy a bit. I could make up a million reasons why the recent events happened: twitter got hacked, anybody wanting to quit the band, promotion for the EU tour, ex employee trying to screw GNR....whatever. Fact is I will probably never know the real reason for sure. As long as the shows are on, I do not care. Rocking Antwerp on 30Sep2010....that's the important part.

Notice you mentioned everything except the slight possibility of the all powerful one having a hissy fit!

You may be right but from everything im reading i have formed an opinion, better PR and it would be hard to form that opinion would it not?, you supplied a lot of possible answers yet the most important answer, why the fuck is everybody in GnR singing from a different song sheet or at the very least making it seem so?

I didn't forget the hissy fit. What do you think would piss off Axl Rose the most? Somebody wanting to quit the band for whatever reason: non-recording new material, showing up late, not being allowed to smoke on stage, not being allowed to use pron as inspiration, not being allowed to roast lambs with Formula1 drivers, Buckethead and Axl visiting Disneyland together while getting high on Pepsi Colawithout inviting the current band. I could go on for hours making up stupid shit like this, but what does it add to the discussion? Nothing. Even IF there was some internal tention (worst case scenario), so what? Bands, brothers, sisters, family, colleagues, animals, hell, even super happy gay people (Oh no, he didn't!!!), fight all the time. It's natural, and it makes the making up that much better.

It matters Roy when fans have invested what in some cases money they couldn't really afford only to not really know if it has been wasted.

As for what could piss him off most i get your point i really do

Ali

Yeah I read that, and I trust Eric, I just find it weird that they haven't come out publicly (on Facebook or something) and categorically stated that the tour is still on, I would of thought (if it was definitely going ahead) that that would be the first thing they would do, considering the millions of pounds spent on tickets (who wants to give that back!!).

Everything is like, "we're looking into this", "as far as we're aware the tour isn't cancelled".

I'm not a conspiracy nut, and don't want to add fuel to any of these rumors, I just want to see my fav band! But the way they're handling this is very strange and ultimately, worrying.

Good for Bumblefoot. I agree with him 100%. Just give the crowd a head's up. Don't leaving them standing there for 2 hours wondering what the F is happening.

I agree, but then why didn't he get his ass up there and do just that?

I know what you mean GOAB, I bought tickets too. And the shows are still on, so that's positive. But should the shows be cancelled for some reason, there's not much I can do about it than refund my ticket and use the money to see another band or see GNR in another form or shape, should the opportunity present itself in the future. Simple fact is that I learned to live with the fact that GNR is a huge monster that cannot be tamed, even though you want to control it so badly in order to get the highest interest on your time investment. But then again, the untamed beast this band is, is what attracts me to it.

Good for Bumblefoot. I agree with him 100%. Just give the crowd a head's up. Don't leaving them standing there for 2 hours wondering what the F is happening.

He was......

Twitter had a hack attack yesterday. Many celebrities had their Twitter account cracked, as Brazil's Football Team Coach, brazilian famous actors and Hulk Hogan, just for say some. But, the Brazil's coach crack was ridiculous, they just changed his picture to a picture where he was a clown, and tweet something also stupid.

But Axl's cracker. The person did it very well. I had my doubts yesterday, I thought that Axl really had a bipolar disorder "attack", lost his mind and tweeted that, them the GNR management said he was cracked so they could get some extra time to convince Axl to change his mind. But things are really pointing for a cracked account. The Mobile Web and not iPhone thing, the number of Ls on CANCELLed, Axl shopping at the time at the tweet.

Now read that:

One call from Axl gets them the password.

Nope. Password is already changed. They need to go thru a "forgot password" door to get in. That is, if the accounts source e-mail is still the same. If not, they have to get in touch with Twitter directly because no way in hell you will be able to crack that password back to get in. It depends how detailed the hacker went on with his biz. I'd say pretty detailed. Only way is to get Twitter directly involved.

My Twitter account was closed due to some kind of illegal activity. It happened when Twitter was attacked by some kind of hack thing. I had nothing to do with it and my account was opened up again. 1 year later.

Axl is totally clear on this one. But the Guns N' Roses management seems to think that is very cool to only make some statements to forum admin and Twitter. Anyway, they did contact the Europe Tour production, and they're already spreading the word that the Tour is still on. So is the media:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/08/guns-n-roses-gigs-are-good-to-go/1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10986662

http://g1.globo.com/pop-arte/noticia/2010/08/twitter-de-axl-rose-avisa-que-todos-os-shows-da-banda-estao-cancelados.html

And about Ron, he wasn't pissed because Axl was late, because Axl WASN'T LATE. He was pissed because nobody from the Guns N' Roses camp told the crowd that Axl or any other person from Guns N' Roses was making the delay.

Twitter had a hack attack yesterday. Many celebrities had their Twitter account cracked, as Brazil's Football Team Coach, brazilian famous actors and Hulk Hogan, just for say some. But, the Brazil's coach crack was ridiculous, they just changed his picture to a picture where he was a clown, and tweet something also stupid.

But Axl's cracker. The person did it very well. I had my doubts yesterday, I thought that Axl really had a bipolar disorder "attack", lost his mind and tweeted that, them the GNR management said he was cracked so they could get some extra time to convince Axl to change his mind. But things are really pointing for a cracked account. The Mobile Web and not iPhone thing, the number of Ls on CANCELLed, Axl shopping at the time at the tweet.

Now read that:

Nope. Password is already changed. They need to go thru a "forgot password" door to get in. That is, if the accounts source e-mail is still the same. If not, they have to get in touch with Twitter directly because no way in hell you will be able to crack that password back to get in. It depends how detailed the hacker went on with his biz. I'd say pretty detailed. Only way is to get Twitter directly involved.

My Twitter account was closed due to some kind of illegal activity. It happened when Twitter was attacked by some kind of hack thing. I had nothing to do with it and my account was opened up again. 1 year later.

Axl is totally clear on this one. But the Guns N' Roses management seems to think that is very cool to only make some statements to forum admin and Twitter. Anyway, they did contact the Europe Tour production, and they're already spreading the word that the Tour is still on. So is the media:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/08/guns-n-roses-gigs-are-good-to-go/1

http://g1.globo.com/pop-arte/noticia/2010/08/twitter-de-axl-rose-avisa-que-todos-os-shows-da-banda-estao-cancelados.html

And about Ron, he wasn't pissed because Axl was late, because Axl WASN'T LATE. He was pissed because nobody from the Guns N' Roses camp told the crowd that Axl or any other person from Guns N' Roses was making the delay.

How do you know anything about what Bumblefoot was pissed at, only yesterday you told everyone he'd left the band!

Now read that:

How do you know anything about what Bumblefoot was pissed at, only yesterday you told everyone he'd left the band!

I did indeed. Sorry. But didn't you read what he said today?

im guessing he didnt know what was goin on with axl either , point 1 .. if it was a tech issue ron was obviously there b4 axl and would have known about a tech issure therefore would not have gestured to axl with his watch implying why were you so late ?

Edited by justmike66

Ali

Eric would not lie, i don't see him as the kind of guy to leave fans hanging but it begs the question, so easy to get to him and pass along word yet so hard to get a press release out?

Maybe a message via forum is easier to disregard when the truth emerges, it gets buried way easier than a public press release

Still don't buy this hacked twitter account excuse... If it was Bumblefoot doesn't act like he knows:

Give it 24 hours, hopefully whatever it is will get resolved.

(No one quit the band or anything like that...)

... Gotta get back to copy/pasting resonses to 500 emails about Axl's fucking tweet.....

Ron's reaction does not seem indicative of a person that see's this as a hacking thing, he seems to be taking this more personally than i would expect.I have to agree i don't think anything was hacked but that stuff was typed instead of thought then people tried back peddling

I think that you are overthinking this whole thingy a bit. I could make up a million reasons why the recent events happened: twitter got hacked, anybody wanting to quit the band, promotion for the EU tour, ex employee trying to screw GNR....whatever. Fact is I will probably never know the real reason for sure. As long as the shows are on, I do not care. Rocking Antwerp on 30Sep2010....that's the important part.

Notice you mentioned everything except the slight possibility of the all powerful one having a hissy fit!

You may be right but from everything im reading i have formed an opinion, better PR and it would be hard to form that opinion would it not?, you supplied a lot of possible answers yet the most important answer, why the fuck is everybody in GnR singing from a different song sheet or at the very least making it seem so?

I didn't forget the hissy fit. What do you think would piss off Axl Rose the most? Somebody wanting to quit the band for whatever reason: non-recording new material, showing up late, not being allowed to smoke on stage, not being allowed to use pron as inspiration, not being allowed to roast lambs with Formula1 drivers, Buckethead and Axl visiting Disneyland together while getting high on Pepsi Colawithout inviting the current band. I could go on for hours making up stupid shit like this, but what does it add to the discussion? Nothing. Even IF there was some internal tention (worst case scenario), so what? Bands, brothers, sisters, family, colleagues, animals, hell, even super happy gay people (Oh no, he didn't!!!), fight all the time. It's natural, and it makes the making up that much better.

It matters Roy when fans have invested what in some cases money they couldn't really afford only to not really know if it has been wasted.

As for what could piss him off most i get your point i really do

I agree that a press release would be best. Why that wasn't issued, who knows? I'm glad that at the very least they reached out to Eric so that he could let everyone here know. I know, though, that doesn't account for everyone going to the show.

Ali

Guest RonMexico82

All of this just illustrates the clusterfuck that results in not having a proper PR person for the band. GNR just looks totally unprofessional with a clear disconnect between the band members, the personel and Axl. All singing from different hymn sheets and posting ambiguous messages on social networking sites. It just fans the flames of the rumour mill. As it stands I still think that there is more to this than meets the eye.

That's a huge problem though Ali, many people don't take that risk any more, yes Guns put on an incredible show worth every penny but you have no real idea if they will show, this band with its history simply cannot afford to behave like that.Fans are far more financially cautious than in years gone by and even more so in the present climate.In some ways fans are less loyal, they are far more impatient and want more for the money.Fans of this band need and deserve more contact to explain the oh so often glitches and issues.The funny thing is the band has this " they are out to get us " feeling yet they opt out of PR, that's the very thing you need if the world is out to get you, that and fans.

That's a huge problem though Ali, many people don't take that risk any more, yes Guns put on an incredible show worth every penny but you have no real idea if they will show, this band with its history simply cannot afford to behave like that.Fans are far more financially cautious than in years gone by and even more so in the present climate.In some ways fans are less loyal, they are far more impatient and want more for the money.Fans of this band need and deserve more contact to explain the oh so often glitches and issues.The funny thing is the band has this " they are out to get us " feeling yet they opt out of PR, that's the very thing you need if the world is out to get you, that and fans.

I agree with you. The reason why I personally don't belabor this point, even though I do agree with it, is that frankly I learned a long time ago that I have no say in this situation, in how GN'R handles things, so any breath I spend on the subject is wasted. But, that's just my way of dealing with things. By no means do I think everyone should deal with things this way.

Maybe one day things will change with how Axl and GN'R operate in terms of communication. Personally, I doubt it.

Ali

im guessing he didnt know what was goin on with axl either , point 1 .. if it was a tech issue ron was obviously there b4 axl and would have known about a tech issure therefore would not have gestured to axl with his watch implying why were you so late ?

He didn't gesture Axl at all, certainly not in any of the clips I've seen. He does that gesture to the crowd.

He didn't gesture Axl at all, certainly not in any of the clips I've seen. He does that gesture to the crowd.

Exactly.

Exactly.

my bad , i thought it was towards axl ... still this is all very strange but thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Who gives shit if he gestured toward axl. this obviously something that is starting to piss him off - as his email to a fan suggests.

Hell, in the email he (which kinda shocked me) says he went up to management and told them what he thinks is "right or wrong" and what "he can't put with"; And we all know "management" means Axl or Beta.

The last I heard Axl's out buying guns with Dj A. Is he even aware of the Facebook post:

All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates

are officially cancelled. Please

contact your place of purchase for

any refunds.

Radio 1 mentioned this yesterday. It's about the only time I've heard them mention Guns N'Roses in the past 10 years.

Who gives shit if he gestured toward axl. this obviously something that is starting to piss him off - as his email to a fan suggests.

Hell, in the email he (which kinda shocked me) says he went up to management and told them what he thinks is "right or wrong" and what "he can't put with"; And we all know "management" means Axl or Beta.

Yeah, he went backstage, phoned Axl while he was on stage, and let him know whats up./