Revolver's trip to Canada

Revolver

Okay so I just read through this thirty so odd page shitstorm and am ready to offer my two cents for whoever cares. I've been viewing this forum since '01 and an actual member for seven years. I've never been particularly outspoken and generally only comment if I have something to say. Hence why I've only got less than 1500 posts in seven years while some members rack that up in three months. Madison has always been a fair moderator. I have not always agreed with her on certain topics, but that is the beauty of a "fan" forum. She has always reported both sides of the story and not censored this forum like HTGTH. People who have been here for along time know that she was the biggest source of information in the early years when there virtually was no news. She had the balls (so to speak) to print Merck's letter when other forums wouldn't. People could freely discuss their opinions of Axl, the new members, etc. without fear of retaliation. If someone did cross the line, such as making personal attacks or "reunion spamming" Madison was always their to crack down. This forum's unbiased approach to GNR is what has kept me here for so long. It is the most informative, unbiased, and actually fun GNR forum on the internet.

Madison has strode the line between sticking up for Axl and not buying into his bullshit for years. She's a huge GNR and Axl fan. The first to come to his defense and also the first to call him out when she thinks he has crossed the line. Her report on "SlashGate" seemed thorough. She reported the facts and her opinion, which I totally agree with. If she was lied to or misled than that is the business of journalism. Happens all the time.

Now for Dexter, or Axl, to come onto a fan forum that is, to the best of my knowledge, in no way officially officiated with the band and make a homophobic, childish, and somewhat threatening rant at Madison is unacceptable behavior. I know, I know. I'm a GNR fan so I have to worship Axl and whatever he says and does. Bullshit. Nobody loves GNR more than me, ask any of my friends. But being a fan does not entail idol worship that borders on cultism. Just because I'm a fan of the music doesn't mean I have to agree with the man behind it. I'm a fan of Roman Polanski as well. Does that mean that I should endorse having sex with thirteen year old girls as well?

I have praised Axl in recent months for trying to connect with the fans via Twitter, his upbeat onstage demeanor, and the way he has treated fans across Asia and Canada. But today's one post wipes all that away. For him to come onto a forum that he does not directly sponsor nor endorse and basically have one of the founding members stripped of her ranks is an egregious broach of the entertainer/fan relationship. Axl, and his entourage, have been preaching their own brand of propaganda for years now. You know the story: it's not his fault, everybody's out to get him, Slash is a cancer, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

I'm sure in Axl's head all of this is true. But for him to dictate the way that his fans view him and his band is fascist. I do not know of any other band that has done such a thing.

I am, and always will be, a fan of Axl the musician and entertainer. But I will never be a fan of Axl the man.

Peace.

- Sonny

Thank you.

And thanks to all of the others who have supported me in this thread.

Much appreciated. :)

There are people coming out in defence of madison but the amount of negative ones show that there's not exactly overwhelming confidence or respect for her as 'top' moderator so the decision to remove her was probably correct. At least she's still here and can now fight for her opinion like everyone else. This thread really needs a moderator to lock it as it's run its course. Maybe one of our more respectable mods can take care of it....

The Eric/Madison thing aside (because I agree that nothing should be assumed), the rest of his post is pretty sensible and reasonable. Which most of this thread so far isn't.

Eh, yes and no. I just re-read Axl's post and there were no threats of any kind in it. Could it be considered over the top in its brutal honesty and hostility? Sure. But then again, hasn't he always been brutally honest in the past when posting on the forums and responding to questions in interviews? Since the assumption that Axl had Madison's mod rights taken away is a big part of his post, especially the bit about "fascism" etc., I find it difficult to call the post completely sensible. That's a big thing to just assume to be true with no evidence whatsoever to support that.

Ali

[ Find another board this one doesn't need you.

Another amazing Axl Rose coincidence, right Ali? :rolleyes:

Damn, man. I wish I could be as smart as you. Because obviously an off-the-cuff remark like that at the end of an angry post is the same thing as proof/confirmation that Axl told Eric to strip Madison of her moderating rights. :rolleyes:

Ali

Wow, im so dissapointed in how this whole thing has been handled and the disrpect that has been aimed at Madison since axl's post. I have been visiting this forum since I was 15, when you would get an official statement from the gnr camp once a year and lots of fans giving up making topics on the forum about how axl had dissapointed fans by not making statements or by how new members were being replaced by newer ones and how much gnr wasn't gnr anymore. When shit like that popped on this forum, Madison was the first one to make a post about how if you don't like it you can get the fuck out and would erase the posts. She has moderated this forum like a true GNR fan in my opinion. I am now 23, turning 24 in June and Chinese democracy has come out and the band is touring now and Madison is still here, never gave up on the band and was straightforward with everyone and didn't keep shit back from any of the fans in terms of censoring. It truly is sad how members in this forum are quick to turn the left cheek in order to please others.

Im gonna reply to my own post so that madison and long time members here get a chance to see it and I want to say another thing, Axl, you are an idol to everyone here, some look up to you because of your music (i do), others because of your crazy rock star attitude but when you attack a woman with comments like that, its just plain embarrassing.

Any person with a 5th grade level IQ should be able to deduce there's a good possibility someone in security

at this concert took it upon themselves to assume Axl didn't want any Slash t-shirts, perhaps due to all the previous

rumours. By the time it reaches Mr Security guy, he either assumes or makes up that Axl himself said it (perhaps to

cover his ass). Security does have a job to prevent a potential disaster, and this could have easily been their call.

Either way, whatever happened, its a moderators obligation to uphold some responsibility as to what gets reported

as "fact" and what may actually not be fact.

Doesnt mean the next concert securities gonna let you idiots wear your Slash t's.

Okay so I just read through this thirty so odd page shitstorm and am ready to offer my two cents for whoever cares. I've been viewing this forum since '01 and an actual member for seven years. I've never been particularly outspoken and generally only comment if I have something to say. Hence why I've only got less than 1500 posts in seven years while some members rack that up in three months. Madison has always been a fair moderator. I have not always agreed with her on certain topics, but that is the beauty of a "fan" forum. She has always reported both sides of the story and not censored this forum like HTGTH. People who have been here for along time know that she was the biggest source of information in the early years when there virtually was no news. She had the balls (so to speak) to print Merck's letter when other forums wouldn't. People could freely discuss their opinions of Axl, the new members, etc. without fear of retaliation. If someone did cross the line, such as making personal attacks or "reunion spamming" Madison was always their to crack down. This forum's unbiased approach to GNR is what has kept me here for so long. It is the most informative, unbiased, and actually fun GNR forum on the internet.

Madison has strode the line between sticking up for Axl and not buying into his bullshit for years. She's a huge GNR and Axl fan. The first to come to his defense and also the first to call him out when she thinks he has crossed the line. Her report on "SlashGate" seemed thorough. She reported the facts and her opinion, which I totally agree with. If she was lied to or misled than that is the business of journalism. Happens all the time.

Now for Dexter, or Axl, to come onto a fan forum that is, to the best of my knowledge, in no way officially officiated with the band and make a homophobic, childish, and somewhat threatening rant at Madison is unacceptable behavior. I know, I know. I'm a GNR fan so I have to worship Axl and whatever he says and does. Bullshit. Nobody loves GNR more than me, ask any of my friends. But being a fan does not entail idol worship that borders on cultism. Just because I'm a fan of the music doesn't mean I have to agree with the man behind it. I'm a fan of Roman Polanski as well. Does that mean that I should endorse having sex with thirteen year old girls as well?

I have praised Axl in recent months for trying to connect with the fans via Twitter, his upbeat onstage demeanor, and the way he has treated fans across Asia and Canada. But today's one post wipes all that away. For him to come onto a forum that he does not directly sponsor nor endorse and basically have one of the founding members stripped of her ranks is an egregious broach of the entertainer/fan relationship. Axl, and his entourage, have been preaching their own brand of propaganda for years now. You know the story: it's not his fault, everybody's out to get him, Slash is a cancer, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

I'm sure in Axl's head all of this is true. But for him to dictate the way that his fans view him and his band is fascist. I do not know of any other band that has done such a thing.

I am, and always will be, a fan of Axl the musician and entertainer. But I will never be a fan of Axl the man.

Peace.

- Sonny

Nice post and hey Axl whats with the homophobic bigoted slurs?

Axl indicated that there must have been other actions from Madison in the past which he met with strong disapproval. I'm not the one to decide if Axl's rage is justified or not. But one thing I know. Axl for sure didn't exactly take the high road when expressing his feelings towards Madison. But then again aren't Axl occasional tantrums - on- and offstage - part of the reason why GN'R became the most dangerous band in the world in the first place?

More important: Surprise gigs!! rock1

My intent was definitely not to start more rumors. In no way am I making accusations that Axl and Eric had some sort of "discussion" over Madison. I'm just looking at the facts. Axl made an extremely angry post directed at Madison. Madison's status as moderator was shortly revoked. Could be coincidence...

By the way, am I the only one that no longer has permission to access the "Messenger" or "Members" feature?

It's probably not a coincidence. But, that still doesn't necessarily mean that Axl asked to have it done. Eric could have decided on his own that this needed to be done based on Axl's reaction. Is that right? Maybe not. But, it's not the same thing as Axl directing this to happen. Let's not forget the public chastising Eric gave Madison a couple weeks ago. Maybe there was more to this than just this Axl post.

Ali

So:

-Surprise gigs are coming

-I can talk about Buckethead's contributions to CD and make negative comments about Perla without being threatened with banning

Cool

LOL! So true I'm on Madison's side on this whole Axl vs. MyGnr Mod contest but she did not tolerate a whole lot of Buckethead threads. :lol:

But for the record I declare Madison as "the stronger" in her battle against Axl. Go Madison!!!

Talk about down the rabbit hole, eh? And people wonder why I don't participate in forums much, anymore.

Aren't you the fuckstick that screwed a whole bunch of fans over with the DVD sets?? If I remember correctly I think I paid you like 20 bucks or something... I would like that back please!

I have read many of her posts and her attitude ( among others' with similar persona) is one of the reasons I'd rather stay away from Forums.

Self-righteous, self-indulgent, arrogant fuck-ups always in the known who are around only to insult,despise and scorn.

She has been insulting and treating people like SHIT from day one under the guise of FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND RESPECT OF FORUM RULES.I'm PRETTY SURE if there was a list of how many people she banned/ was rude to it would be a pretty fucking long one.Me included (under another username) I once DARED posting something on the main forum and she sent me a private message saying it had been deleted 'cause I had no point and she KNEW what I was doing and I was a WHORE ATTENTION and nobody needed that kind of stuff around and finshed the message with "*rolls eyes*" and saying people like me MADE HER SICK and I should be ashamed for being so pathetic.

I have the messages stored in my e-mail - spare the trouble of saying you've no idea what I'm on about . What the fuck was I thinking since she hadn’t granted me the pass saying I was good enough to post on the main fórum.

Had it been ANY of the other mods they would have ONLY moved or deleted the topic and MAYBE sent a message informing the rule I had broken and was suppose to follow.

It wasn't the case, really.The only rule I'd broken was contradicting her mind-reading powers and not accepting what she said I was doing - because I obviously just FUCKING WASN'T.

I even suggested Eric to pretend to be a newbie here, which he probably didn't otherwise he would have noticed how she treats people – SHIT - and avoided all of this

And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Maybe everyone should start posting shit she send to them via PM and maybe she might think of a better strategy to try and defend herself other than I've no idea what Axl is talking about...

Welcome to the pathetic world where people have no mods key and use it to impose their opinion and silence anyone dare saying sth you don’t personally agree with.

I actually told her at the time that Axl himself hated her guts - I hope you remember my words vividly now - Colon Blow -,

I explained very didactically why her name was not listed on the “Thank you list” of C.D.

Her nazi-whore-foot-in-the-face attitude rings any bell?

I'd thought of wearing an anti-Madison t-shirt to go the Sao Paulo Gig but thought I would feel silly being the only one and nobody would understand it.This might have just changed though.

She’s the one who should be banned from GnR concerts.Good riddance.Thank you,Axl.

Edited by NiGhTrAiN®

Dammit MyGNR! So much hate and confusion going on at the moment, I've often disagreed with madison's policies, particularly when it comes to banning certain members over personal disagreements. but I hope that rather than this ending sourly with everyone we can reach some sort of agreement where everyone can get along a little better, this is a bitterly divided fanbase at the best of times, it would be great if we could get rid of some of the aggro instead of just letting it build over the course of the thread.

Surprise gigs do sound fucking good though!

Happy Birthday Axl! :)

The world is a far better place because you're in it.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Cheers!

my coworker behind me says this:

*i hope u feel better about urself axl, and fernando, the man that mooches off axls fame and money.

Edited by eduardo_gnr

Jesus, how the hell does anyone know that Axl had anything to do with Madison losing her mod rights? Eric hasn't commented on this matter, so how can you say for certain this is what happened. Get a grip and get all the facts before you jump to conclusions. :rolleyes:

Ali

I was thinking the same thing. Sure Axl vented, but try to see it from his perspective. This wierd rumour just won't die, it's a pain in the ass when you're trying to keep everything up for this tour, and you track it down to this board and one member. I have found Madison kind of paternatistic, but she has a job to do I guess. I didn't understand why she kept defending this 'banned slash shirts' thing even when I and others reminded her that Axl's camp did say it wasn't true pretty early on. But so what. It's between Axl and Madison and I think they have had that conversation now.

Gotta be honest, this forum is a diversion for me. I don't take it too seriously. I work too hard and too long every day, and it helps me to unwind. People here make me laugh. It's just a forum of opinions, not rules for living, and none of it should be taken too seriously.

What I do take seriously is how tough it is for me to unwind and really let loose. And I was able to shake it all off at the concert. None of this stuff matters. Really letting loose for a few hours does.

Axl indicated that there must have been other actions from Madison in the past which he met with strong disapproval. I'm not the one to decide if Axl's rage is justified or not.

Agree, I don't know much about anything, but it would seem that was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Great news about the new gigs. Already trying figuring out how far I can afford to travel again.

Two things....

1. Madison, i like you and you where a great admin although you did abuse your powers a little I dont think you deserved to loose your admin status though. As for what Axl said, well Axl is Axl.

2. Am i the only one not able to view profiles right now?

Edited by GUNSNROSES513