Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treme! Beautiful series; explores New Orleans' culture through following some musicians in the time after hurricane Katrina. A lot of awesome music, and that same great dialogue that made the Wire into the realistic and fun series that it is. I'm betting you, if you start watching these series, you will want to go to New Orleans; the series really sucks you in by getting across (one sense of) the atmosphere in New Orleans. As you can tell, I'm really exited about this show..might be because I study culture and politics, and so have a special interest in the subject matter of the show, or it might be that its just a great show..but I do urge you to test-run an episode or two :)

The season finale for Breaking Bad was incredible. I'm interested in what they plan on doing for the last season.

agreed.

perhaps walt takes over?

tie shit up. i think hank will finally find the real eisenhower

yep

I think the only way this show can end is with:

*Walt killing Hank

*Walt killing Jesse

*Jesse killing Walt

I wouldn't mind any of the three.

The Walking Dead. The new season starts soon.

the-walking-dead-episode-1.jpg

*sigh*

I loved last season, but the opener last night..kinda slow and boring. Not what expected, considering they added 30 minutes.

The Walking Dead was pretty damn sweet. The opening was soo intenese. Then it kind of slowed down, but the end was a shocker! The ratings hit records.

You think so? I think it was straight soap opera mode...I'm tempted to say "jump the shark", but I'm holding back...big fan of the last season, but the premiere, for one that was so hyped, was a let down imo.

I'm with SunnyDRE when it comes to TWD. if the next 2 episodes don't get better i'll skip watching the rest. only good parts were the beginning and the 3 last seconds.

they didn't even tell us what the dude whispered at the end of last season. lame.

thoughts on Dexter premiere?

breaking bad's season finale was pretty great. almost had the feeling of a worthy series finale.

Agreed.

After rewatching I just don't know how you top that.

"I Won"

that's awesome...they should just leave it at that.

The Walking Dead was pretty damn sweet. The opening was soo intenese. Then it kind of slowed down, but the end was a shocker! The ratings hit records.

You think so? I think it was straight soap opera mode...I'm tempted to say "jump the shark", but I'm holding back...big fan of the last season, but the premiere, for one that was so hyped, was a let down imo.

Same feeling here about The Walking Dead, it was an ok episode, but that church scene was brutal, talk about cliche, very unlike AMC shows. The episode was pretty much just them running from zombies. I am still giving it a chance too, but it def has to pick up.

Anyone else having trouble with Boardwalk Empire? I feel like I should love the show, but its just not doing it for me. Season one was way to slow and drawn out, and figured it would change this season, but it seems like more of the same. I do think maybe Steve Buschemi wasn't the best fit for the role, and the other characters are the real stars over the show over him. Any thoughts? or help showing me the light lol

Same feeling here about The Walking Dead, it was an ok episode, but that church scene was brutal, talk about cliche, very unlike AMC shows. The episode was pretty much just them running from zombies. I am still giving it a chance too, but it def has to pick up.

Anyone else having trouble with Boardwalk Empire? I feel like I should love the show, but its just not doing it for me. Season one was way to slow and drawn out, and figured it would change this season, but it seems like more of the same. I do think maybe Steve Buschemi wasn't the best fit for the role, and the other characters are the real stars over the show over him. Any thoughts? or help showing me the light lol

ever since the really lame and cheesy season finale of walking dead(the whole CDC thing was embarrassing and hard to watch) i dropped expectations, the church part sucked but it was an alright episode

as for boardwalk empire, i love it, but i'm used to slow pacing shows(like mad men or the wire). i dont think they will change the pacing at this stage though. the characters are great but i think the guy with half a face is the best character by far!

The middle of the first Walking Dead ep was kinda 'eh' but they're trying to create the tension between the members and bring that up front too. I'm kinda glad the kid got shot? It's making me mad that they slow everything down with their "I wanna go too!" shit :shrugs:

Dexter is looking to be a pretty good season.

I still need to watch the first episode of season two of The Walking Dead.

I also need to watch Season 2 and so on of Breaking Bad.

And, I'm going to download the first seasons of Arrested Development and 30 Rock and see if I like them. :thumbsup:

And, Community and Modern Family are going fantastic as well.

Anybody watch Damages? I'm watching season 3 on netflix...this season isn't as good as the first two

The first season was pretty good. Second was decent as well. I stopped watching around 3rd or 4th episode in the third. I couldn't get into the story, and the main character is a Mary Sue basically and that becomes very boring very fast.

And, I'm going to download the first seasons of Arrested Development and 30 Rock and see if I like them. :thumbsup:

I'll mock you forever if you don't. The two best comedies of the 00's. ^_^

I tried to watch 30 Rock a while back but I stopped about half way through the first season. Fey and Baldwin are great but the supporting cast was so annoying it put me off completely.