Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

decided to watch spartacus. should i start with the prequel gods of the arena or start with blood and sand?

I watched blood and sand first episode and for some reason followed that with gods of the arena before finishing the original series. Both are fucking good. Really good. Sadly the star of blood and sand Andy Whitfield passed away this week. I look forward to the next season where he will be replaced. But he was fucking incredible. Great series. Start with Gods of the Arena. Blood and Sand is superior, imo, and was only made so Andy could undergo treatment for his cancer, but both are good.

Gods of the Arena is a prequel, but it is the kind of prequel that will actually make you appreciate Blood and Sand more. Not sure if I've ever experienced that.

Edited by angrybananapeel

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pillars of the Earth is premiering I have a feeling it's going to be ghastly.

Anything with Ian Mcshane as the lead will be amazing.

It was pretty good first ep. It started at 100 mph but I was just about knowing who everyone is. again it's produced by Ridley Scott.

Lovejoy was pretty awesome as the bad priest.

Stupidity to me are the ones who chose to insult someone else. Now thats a true idiot!

And yet, explicit in your response, is an insult. Go figure???

EDIT: for clarity

You should make a thread and list all these "great reads" us dummies are missing out on.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching CSI, currently watching season 10 on dvd and keeping up with season 11 on TV.

Will they ever catch Nate Haskell?! You can do it, Nick. You and Greg, together you can get this guy! GO GO GO GO NICK & GREG! :thumbsup:

I tend to get very involved when I watch CSI, so excuse me. Even though Grissom has left the show (which I was sad about cause I love him) it's still such a good show with good storylines. I think it will always be my favorite TV show.

bump

Is Terra Nova worth anything? Pan Am (looks like Mad Men)?

On Terra Nova: not really. The script is shitty, the actors are meh. It was a waste of time for me. (watched the season premiere and ep 2)

Edited by Rovim

thoughts on Dexter premiere?

first episode i thought was kinda boring i guess. second episode picked up and i think it can be a good season. if it's not i don't think i'll care for a seventh season.

breaking bad's season finale was pretty great. almost had the feeling of a worthy series finale. there will be another season though,

first episode i thought was kinda boring i guess. second episode picked up and i think it can be a good season. if it's not i don't think i'll care for a seventh season.

breaking bad's season finale was pretty great. almost had the feeling of a worthy series finale. there will be another season though,

i lost interest in dexter after season 4. i just never found it exciting, and his sister annoyed the hell out of me

as for breaking bad, i thought it was excellent, brilliant season! i felt they could have ended the whole show on this episode(maybe with a few more scenes to tie everything up). wonder how they can squeeze another season out of it now

i lost interest in dexter after season 4. i just never found it exciting, and his sister annoyed the hell out of me

as for breaking bad, i thought it was excellent, brilliant season! i felt they could have ended the whole show on this episode(maybe with a few more scenes to tie everything up). wonder how they can squeeze another season out of it now

my feelings exactly

The Walking Dead. The new season starts soon.

the-walking-dead-episode-1.jpg

YES!!

I'm so ready for it! I was enjoying watching Breaking Bad, that last episode was killer.

I've been watching re-runs of The Dukes Of Hazzard late at night on CMT. Man i love that show!!