Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I just discovered Breaking Bad and I've been watching it for about three hours a night. Amazing show. And you learn how to cook crystal and murder someone with ricin.

The more you know!

Me too. I watched the first season in two nights. Can't wait to start season two tomorrow night.

Guest Len B'stard

Phone Shop is quite good :)

Stop pimping your employer Abdul! :P:lol:

On a slightly related note, have you ever seen Curry and Chips? :lol:

Phone Shop is quite good :)

Stop pimping your employer Abdul! :P:lol:

On a slightly related note, have you ever seen Curry and Chips? :lol:

Nah, any good? Just started watching The Wire from thebeginning again and I remembered it being good but it still surprises me just how fucking good every time!

"Which part of Ireland are you from? Burnt Corke?"

:lol:

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Guest Len B'stard
Nah, any good?

It's um...well i like it :lol: You've got Spike Milligan playing Kevin O Grady aka Paki Paddy, who actually is a character that cropped up in Til Death Us Do Part at some point. You can see it's actually got good intentions behind it because, y'know, everyones like...the butt of jokes in it but i think it was just to much for "the establishment" to handle. Spike Milligan blacked up (or browned up?) putting on a REALLLLY naff Pakistani accent, it's just fuckin hilairious, it operates on almost like a Death Wish 3 level but...i dunno, i don't actually think it's quite as naff as all that, it's very much one of those things that the broadsheets would call the dark ages of British Comedy along with like, the Confessions series and all that but...i dunno, you can actually see that, in fact, it's not just all at the expense of the ridiculous Pakistani character, if anything it was making fun of everything/the state of Britan. Comes off proper fuckin wrong though :lol:

Sort of like Love Thy Neighbour where, in actuality, it's the black guy that comes off the better but just cuz the white guy calls him coon and sambo it's like, y'know, its too much for nowadays times to handle. Curry and Chips don't come off nearly as good as Love Thy Neighbour. It's on youtube in its entireity, the one series they were allowed to make before it got pole-axed by the race relations board or whatever, have a peek, i think it's funny anyway :shrugs:

Never heard of The Wire, don't watch a lot of new telly, to be honest, i can't relate to it.

Edited by sugaraylen

Dexter is awesome, but this season sucks

Couldn't be any more wrong.

Anyway

If anyone is looking for a blast from the past, check out Twin Peaks. David Lynch(Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead, Inland Empire) wrote and directed the series and it is amazing. Give it a shot.

Nah, any good?

It's um...well i like it :lol: You've got Spike Milligan playing Kevin O Grady aka Paki Paddy, who actually is a character that cropped up in Til Death Us Do Part at some point. You can see it's actually got good intentions behind it because, y'know, everyones like...the butt of jokes in it but i think it was just to much for "the establishment" to handle. Spike Milligan blacked up (or browned up?) putting on a REALLLLY naff Pakistani accent, it's just fuckin hilairious, it operates on almost like a Death Wish 3 level but...i dunno, i don't actually think it's quite as naff as all that, it's very much one of those things that the broadsheets would call the dark ages of British Comedy along with like, the Confessions series and all that but...i dunno, you can actually see that, in fact, it's not just all at the expense of the ridiculous Pakistani character, if anything it was making fun of everything/the state of Britan. Comes off proper fuckin wrong though :lol:

Sort of like Love Thy Neighbour where, in actuality, it's the black guy that comes off the better but just cuz the white guy calls him coon and sambo it's like, y'know, its too much for nowadays times to handle. Curry and Chips don't come off nearly as good as Love Thy Neighbour. It's on youtube in its entireity, the one series they were allowed to make before it got pole-axed by the race relations board or whatever, have a peek, i think it's funny anyway :shrugs:

Never heard of The Wire, don't watch a lot of new telly, to be honest, i can't relate to it.

Sweet, I'll give it a go! The Wire's like the greatest TV show ever made in the history of TV shows basically! It's like 60 hours of perfection but you need to give it your undivided attention to get the most out of it! :)

Just plowed through the entire series of Community. The show takes a while to grow but once it gets you, youre a huge fan. Its a show for TV and movie nerds. Lots of references and plenty of meta, self referential jokes. Good stuff and I recommend.

Guest Len B'stard

Never heard of The Wire

YES, YOU FUCKING HAVE

Sorry, i stand corrected, someone mentioned it to me on an internet forum approximately a year ago.

Secret Life of The American Teenager has become a guilty pleasure of mine.

WHAT! My wife used to see that show, while I be on the computer or something. It seemed very lame to me, very bad acting! What do I know though, I used to like Passions.

Secret Life of The American Teenager has become a guilty pleasure of mine.

WHAT! My wife used to see that show, while I be on the computer or something. It seemed very lame to me, very bad acting! What do I know though, I used to like Passions.

LMAO

I use to watch Passions also.......I had a MAJOR CRUSH on the redhead. I literally wanted to marry that chick.

I just discovered Breaking Bad and I've been watching it for about three hours a night. Amazing show. And you learn how to cook crystal and murder someone with ricin.

The more you know!

Me too. I watched the first season in two nights. Can't wait to start season two tomorrow night.

Whew, glad I'm not the only one! That show is more addictive than the blue crystal Heisenberg manufactures! I was going to come on here and admit sheepishly that I got through the first 3 seasons in about 5 or 6 days, but now I don't feel so guilty. Just got Netflix for Christmas, so I'm limited to the first 3 seasons. I knew I should have paced myself, but every episode was a cliff hanger. Now I just gotta see season 4 somehow! Please nobody write any spoilers!

Probably the best TV show I've ever seen. Bryan Cranston is a genius, as is the writer, the guy who plays Pinkman, and the guy who plays Saul Goodman. That show is da bomb!