GUNS N' ROSES HEADLINE ROCK IN RIO 4!!!

Mal'Akh

if we take a look at history... i mean the history of gnr at rock in rio... 1991... 2001... 2011... you can't help to think that this gnr thing is degenerating... it's getting worse as time goes by !!

Umm ... Worse as time goes by? Thats your opinion,and yours alone.In 2001,hearing Madagascar and The Blues for the first time (not to mention the absolute BEST rendition of Knockin On Heavens Door ever) was pretty damn impressive to me.Still is.

that's what i'm saying... 2001 was pretty cool but inferior to 1991... and 2011 will be inferior to 2001... that's why i'm saying it's getting worse!!

it's not my opinion, it's reality

Funny thing is... I think it was classicrawker who posted some articles from RIR 1991 the other week, and the reviews of the Guns shows weren't good. And not in the way you might think, like it was Axl hatred or anything. Interestingly enough Axl was the only one getting a good review, he was apparently in a good mood and as charismatic as usual. It was about the band being uninterested and uninspired, just standing still and looking like they wanted to be somewhere else, and that the crowd being so quiet it was even rumored that Axl cut one of the concerts short because of lack of crowd reaction. It was said that GN'R could not afford more of these "off nights" on the coming tour. I don't know how true this was, but is it possible that we have re-written the history about RIR 1991 in the 20 years that's past?

Edited by Changes

Guys, I was expecting to wake up this am (uk time) and see the boards practically melting with activity! :blink:

I guess they are playing later....could someone who knows their stuff tell me what time they are due to go on UK time??

It's hardly even Sunday in Rio... I'm guessing they're supposed to go on 5-6 AM UK time...

Guys, I was expecting to wake up this am (uk time) and see the boards practically melting with activity! :blink:

I guess they are playing later....could someone who knows their stuff tell me what time they are due to go on UK time??

It's hardly even Sunday in Rio... I'm guessing they're supposed to go on 5-6 AM UK time...

if they hit the stage at the right time (10pm) they will hit the stage at 2amGMT on Monday the 3rd

if they hit the stage at the right time (10pm) they will hit the stage at 2amGMT on Monday the 3rd

I thought it was supposed to be after 12 in Rio?

if we take a look at history... i mean the history of gnr at rock in rio... 1991... 2001... 2011... you can't help to think that this gnr thing is degenerating... it's getting worse as time goes by !!

Umm ... Worse as time goes by? Thats your opinion,and yours alone.In 2001,hearing Madagascar and The Blues for the first time (not to mention the absolute BEST rendition of Knockin On Heavens Door ever) was pretty damn impressive to me.Still is.

that's what i'm saying... 2001 was pretty cool but inferior to 1991... and 2011 will be inferior to 2001... that's why i'm saying it's getting worse!!

Funny thing is... I think it was classicrawker who posted some articles from RIR 1991 the other week, and the reviews of the Guns shows weren't good. And not in the way you might think, like it was Axl hatred or anything. Interestingly enough Axl was the only one getting a good review, he was apparently in a good mood and as charismatic as usual. It was about the band being uninterested and uninspired, just standing still and looking like they wanted to be somewhere else, and that the crowd being so quiet it was even rumored that Axl cut one of the concerts short because of lack of crowd reaction. It was said that GN'R could not afford more of these "off nights" on the coming tour. I don't know how true this was, but is it possible that we have re-written the history about RIR 1991 in the 20 years that's past?

it's easy to know... the 1991 footage is available on youtube... both the crowd and the band seemed to enjoy the show...

as i said : 1991 > 2001 > 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFO9G0wl_d4&feature=related

Edited by Coltrane

Guest gunns5

Here come the negative assholes spewing their bullshit As Per Usual. The show hasn't even started yet and their already comparing it to things that happened 20 years ago.

Life must be pathetic for some who just can't enjoy what's in front of them in the here and now.

Fuck em, their loss

Edited by gunns5

The press is always WAY off the mark with concert reviews. They always manage to miss the whole point. I've stopped reading them altogether. Read fan reviews, they know what's going on.

it's easy to know... the 1991 footage is available on youtube... both the crowd and the band seemed to enjoy the show...

1991 Guns were at their prime. They were one of the most sucsessfull bands of the time.

2001 Guns appear at Rock In Rio. Only the second show in 8 years. Of course it's going to be bad.

2011 Guns have done several tours in the past few years with each show getting better. If anything i think 2011 could top 1991

Guest gunns5

1991 Guns were at their prime. They were one of the most sucsessfull bands of the time.

2001 Guns appear at Rock In Rio. Only the second show in 8 years. Of course it's going to be bad.

2011 Guns have done several tours in the past few years with each show getting better. If anything i think 2011 could top 1991

no thinking necessary, this time tomorrow, it will be a fact

Edited by gunns5