Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

& then a massive instrumental medley on Paradise.

And then a fistfight. New GNR has got numbers but I don't see Pitman or DJ throwing much of a punch. Frank will be a beast though, and Axl will...more literally be a beast. Bumblefoot'd be tough too but his injuries might hold him back. I think Matt will be the unexpected underdog from the VR team, as he can pound a fucking set of drums hard. Slash seems just a little too laid-back to get too into a fight but he could just cheat and crack a Les Paul over Axl's head. And throw Baz in there in somewhere, on his own team. Poor Baz.

Edited by Flayer

Fucking Rock N' Roll Fall of Fame

http://rockhall.com/inductees/guns-n-roses/

"Guns N' Roses Highlights"

Slash talking and velver revolver in vma 2007... :rofl-lol: , Fucking iditos

Yeah,but "considering all things" what did you expect?

Your quote is wrong it is "all things considered"!

So go report me to the "police in charge of trite,overused phrases.

Everyone bitches about Bas,and his "Dude" cliche, so "all things considered" is just as much of a cliche at this point. :violin:

I can't believe some of the dumb shit written in this thread. Some people actually thought they might induct some of the members post - '96! That's a fucking riot. Let's break this down:

Original Lineup

Axl

Izzy

Ole

Rob

Tracii

- accomplished jack squat, to bring this incarnation up is just being ridiculous and it's a strawman argument if ever there was one

Classic Lineup

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Steve*

Matt*

Dizzy*

- AFD

- Lies

- UYI

- started from nothing, became the biggest band on the planet, changed the rock landscape and reigned for six years and still relevant today

- played tons of gigs, including a monumental 3 year tour

Current Lineup

Axl

Thal

Ashba

Fortus

Stinson

Ferrer

Dizzy

Pitman

- had a huge head start thanks to the guys in group 2

- CD

- an awesome live band to be sure, but have not done the number of shows the classic lineup did, nor on the same scale

- writing credits on CD - two of the biggest writers (Bucket, Finck) no longer in the band. What timeless material did those on the list above, not named Axl, write?

It's not about how long guys have stayed in the band, it's about accomplishments. That's what a hall of fame is for. And when presented with the various lineups GN'R has had, if you struggle trying to decide which version accomplished the most then something is clearly blinding you to the reality of the situation, and you might want to reconsider your outlook on it.

Edited by KBear

Write as music, riffs, ect. Buckethead writes more than just guitar solos. His solo albums can tell you that. I think Buckethead's writing style is similar to Chris Pitman. Most of the songs Buckethead played on were long written and recorded. He pretty much made the music a lot better.

I do agree with you though.

If it takes 25 years to earn a place in the RNRHOF let the new lineup EARN IT!

It BELONGS to Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff , Steven plus Matt and Dizzy!

Ill be very dissapointed if the new band gets it THEY DO NOT DESERVE IT!

Again those are not the rules. Anyone could get in if the original inductees allow it.

Again those are not the rules. Anyone could get in if the original inductees allow it.

Is there a link to the rules to read them??

Well id bet my left testicle that original lineup will be there. The new guys have no business being on stage.

If Ashba is up there you might as well put weiland up there too.

Is there a link to the rules to read them??

The rules are 25 years after debut album, the band must at some point have a big enough impact to sell a ton of records and inspire future generations of artists. And a committee must pick the bands or artists and they vote. It is really up to the lineup the voters picked to include those that weren't picked, I.E. Metallica's new bass player. I think they keep changing the rules.

The rules suck, Sure...Cliff burton was dead when Metallica got inducted.... Rob had no business being up there. Jason copped it on the chin cos he is a good dude.... Rob did a speech and i find it hard to believe he did it. If Rob did one why not let Mustaine do one too???

Edited by megaguns1982

The rules suck, Sure...Cliff burton was dead when Metallica got inducted.... Rob had no business being up there. Jason copped it on the chin cos he is a good dude.... Rob did a speech and i find it hard to believe he did it. If Rob did one why not let Mustaine do one too???

Trujillo was disgusting at the ceremony. Opportunism at his best.

Mustaine never released an album under Metallica and Rob was on Death Magnetic which came out before they got inducted.

I agree that Trujillo shouldn't have been inducted, and I'm not sure how or why that was arranged, but he did perform on Death Magnetic, and it was pretty successful both commercially and among fans (with the exception of the whole loudness thing). Mustaine didn't record squat on any studio album. He's more or less the Tracii Guns of Metallica.

I agree that Trujillo shouldn't have been inducted, and I'm not sure how or why that was arranged, but he did perform on Death Magnetic, and it was pretty successful both commercially and among fans (with the exception of the whole loudness thing). Mustaine didn't record squat on any studio album. He's more or less the Tracii Guns of Metallica.

I am pretty sure James, Lars and Kirk chose to induct him.

I am curious why Dio was chosen among Sabbath. Dio brought back Sabbath after a couple lukewarm albums and the departure of Ozzy.

I have no problem with Rob being inducted with Metallica at all, he was even going to sit out and let Newsted play the night they were inducted. I think he prob. felt a little awkward about it, but the band supported the decision to induct him in.

Mustaine had said it was a band decision as to why he wasn't inducted.

So if this is the case, it's going to be up to Axl.

I am pretty sure James, Lars and Kirk chose to induct him.

I am curious why Dio was chosen among Sabbath. Dio brought back Sabbath after a couple lukewarm albums and the departure of Ozzy.

The more I read about this, the more it seems like a band decision. Doug Yule wasn't inducted with Velvet Underground, and that to me is Lou Reed (and maybe John Cale's)decision, I don't think anyone who votes would've excluded him. Yule was on the self-titled, which some people like better than VU & Nico and Loaded. Why Lou had him excluded, no idea.

Sharon Osbourne without a doubt is why Dio wasn't inducted with Black Sabbath. It wasn't anything personal against him, it's just that she feels Black Sabbath was and is Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Bill.

So it really is going to be up to Axl who is going to accept the award on behalf of GNR, and who will play. I think Robbie Robertson and Paul Shaffer are going to be the first to know any of that.

So they actually leave it up to each band who ultimately gets inducted? I'm not sure if that's right...I think both the band and the HOF get a say.

But, leaving it up to a band to any extent is about the dumbest thing they could do. With bands there are almost always politics, and if you leave it up to band members then you allow politics to get in the way of the decision.

Jesus. I'd honestly scrap the entire thing and start from scratch if this is how they've made their calls up to now.

I thought the lineup getting in was confirmed?

If it is up to Axl and he just inducts the current band, none of the classic guys or even someone like Buckethead, that would be hilarious and the backlash would be so overwhelmingly negative. That won't happen, obviously. The Hall wouldn't allow it, "rules" be damned.