If AFD were to be re-released

vaida

If AFD were to be re-released, feat. Buckethead, Robin, Brain etc..

would they have used the same cover concept with a new set of Skulls ?

As long as they called it AFD 2001 or AFD 2011 (depending no the line up) I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how much I wanted to shoot someone in the head after listing to the "Paradise City" cover on Slash's album, I think they should f*cking leave AFD ALONE!!!.

I would love a remastered copy though, the recording/printing quality on both Vinyl and CD is a little poor.

I liked the re-recorded Sweet Child and I'd love to hear it all out of curiosity. The only way we'll ever if hear it is if it leaked though - there could be legal issues, it features a long-gone lineup and it wouldn't sell and the media would have a field day. Even adding the re-recorded AFD it to a new release like KISS and Journey did with their re-recordings wouldn't work as it features different musicians to those in the band now. However, I do think it would be cool if the current lineup rerecorded some classic tunes and they put that out as a bonus disc.

I liked the re-recorded Sweet Child and I'd love to hear it all out of curiosity. The only way we'll ever if hear it is if it leaked though - there could be legal issues, it features a long-gone lineup and it wouldn't sell and the media would have a field day. Even adding the re-recorded AFD it to a new release like KISS and Journey did with their re-recordings wouldn't work as it features different musicians to those in the band now. However, I do think it would be cool if the current lineup rerecorded some classic tunes and they put that out as a bonus disc.

I wonder if Chriss Pittman added anything to the suposed AFD recording ?

I just want the new band to have the opportunity to prove once and for all, definitively, head-to-head that they are superior musicians.

Nostalgia is nostalgia, sure. And there's no accounting for personal tastes. But superior musicianship isn't debatable. And the re-recorded AFD would settle the dispute once and for all.

But the difference is... AFD is already recorded, there are lyrics, riffs, etc., that were written 25+ years ago. It's not a big deal to re-record something. They should record a new album to prove themselves (well, probably Chinese Democracy will never reach the AFD's "legendary" status).

I just want the new band to have the opportunity to prove once and for all, definitively, head-to-head that they are superior musicians.

Nostalgia is nostalgia, sure. And there's no accounting for personal tastes. But superior musicianship isn't debatable. And the re-recorded AFD would settle the dispute once and for all.

I don't even know what to say to you....you think someone who can paint the Mona Lisa better than Da Vinci is a better artist than Da Vinci? Lol....

i don't think axl could do this even if he wanted to. might be some legal issues.

Any artist can record new versions, you see it when someone wants to put a greatest hits out and for whatever reason, didn't get the original recording, will do it, or put a live recording of it. Sometimes it has to do with the recording being too expensive, or a feud between labels.

And the re-recorded AFD would settle the dispute once and for all.

IMO the only thing that it would most likely prove is that no matter how technically better musicians they are they still wouldn't be able to re-create the magic found on the original AFD.