Would you still pay the same price for a ticket if they only played one song?

Tyler Drama

I was one of the people who bought the Ritz Gold VIP package for $250.

Let's say that GN'R decided to play a show where they promised to play a BRAND NEW song, but only that song.

Would you still be willing to pay the same price for your ticket? I want to hear new music so bad, that I definitely would still pay the $250 (or the $80 I did for Terminal 5) if they were only going to play one song. I mean, it's a brand new song! I'm not saying I would rather have them do this, I'm just saying I would still pay the same price and (hopefully) be satisfied.

And I don't want to hear any of that "They would never do that" and "That would be a terrible move by the band" and "Ticket sales blah blah blah..."

It's a hypothetical situation and I just want to know if you would still go and pay the same price knowing that you'll be getting a brand new song, but just a brand new song.

I'm not willing to pay for the full ticket price alone while I know that most members of the band will be onstage for 3 hours, let alone paying the full price for 1 song which has the risk of Axl running off stage during the solo.

I wouldn't. I'd pay $250 for an unreleased song from the studio in an audio form though if I knew it was never going to be released or an older demo of a song I like.

+1. Not an older demo tho. I'd certainly pay 250 for a song off the next album if they announced the release date for a year or two. Certainly.

In a world where I didn't have a 2 and a half year old? Sure. As it is, I felt guilty going to the HOB AC show because it's only been 4 months, and I'm seeing the Darkness this Tuesday. So definitely not a one song set for a new song. Plus it seems like too much trouble for the whole band to get there, set up & tear down (even if the roadies do it) for it to be logical.