The Fillmore in Detroit on February 21st

bumblecool

Tickets don't seem to be selling to fast for this show, you can still get floor tickets and second row seats, but all the cheap seats are gone

WRIF (the shitty, but biggest radio station in Detroit) has done an A W F U L job of promoting the show. As word gets around, it'll sell out. It's just gonna have to be a word of mouth thing since WRIF blows.

Tickets don't seem to be selling to fast for this show, you can still get floor tickets and second row seats, but all the cheap seats are gone

WRIF (the shitty, but biggest radio station in Detroit) has done an A W F U L job of promoting the show. As word gets around, it'll sell out. It's just gonna have to be a word of mouth thing since WRIF blows.

Yeah man, they always seem to be less than positive about Axl and the band. I went to ticketmaster to pick up my tickets today and the guy told me that one other person had bought a pair of tickets today and that there were quite a few tickets left...:o

If this shithole sells, they will definitely come to Toronto

While I'm happy for Detroit fans, I am curious as to why they went with Detroit over Toronto. They just played Detroit two months ago, whereas Toronto last had a show two years ago (though, they did play Hamilton, which is only a 45 minute drive from Toronto). A club show in Toronto would have sold out in 10 minutes. Moreover, you won't fear for your life visiting downtown Toronto versus Detroit. Meh.

Anyway, have fun!

It says a band called Fat Tuesday is suppose to be playing the Fillmore on the 21st...granted their tickets are only $10 so I'm sure GNR could bump them. This band has probably been combined and is now the opening act if their is one

I don't believe it's an actual band called Fat Tuesday, February 21st is "Fat Tuesday" aka "Pączki Day" aka Poonchkie Day, so they probably have some kind of celebration going on there during the day.

Would go but the fact that the Fillmore is right downtown Detroit makes me think I'll stay on my side (Canadian) of the border. Too bad that Toronto date fell through. Good luck and enjoy to those who are going.

Cheers,

Andrew

The Fillmore is my favorite place to go for concerts, I cross the border all the time to see shows there and never had any problems. Parking is relatively cheap in the area and safe ($10 2 short blocks from the venue). If you take the bus over, you do have to walk through some sketchy parts though.