If there's no new album in 2012...

Nick85

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We doesn't deserve anything.

Obviously, I disagree.

Artists should be held accountable for what they tell fans, on multiple occasions, they will get. If not, at the very least, they should briefly explain why it's not going to happen anymore. I'm not sure why some people believe that somehow Axl Rose is above common courtesy and respect towards his fanbase. And seriously, if someone throws a quote from 'Sorry' at me, I'm going to throw my shoe the computer screen.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, I disagree.

Artists should be held accountable for what they tell fans, on multiple occasions, they will get. If not, at the very least, they should briefly explain why it's not going to happen anymore. I'm not sure why some people believe that somehow Axl Rose is above common courtesy and respect towards his fanbase. And seriously, if someone throws a quote from 'Sorry' at me, I'm going to throw my shoe the computer screen.

I hear ya, and agree that we theoretically are owed an explanation (not anything else or more, like a follow-up which you demand out of some absurd entitlement). But it is Axl we are talking about here, not a normal, trustworthy, artist known to meet targets and deliver on time, or to explain his actions or apologise for being tardy and unreliable.

EDIT: And why exactly do you insist on an explanation? We know what went down in the process of making CD, we know the situation right now. There's no way Axl will come out being forthright and accepting responsibility for what happened and why the plan fell apart. Why insist on an incoherent and bullshit explanation?

Edited by SoulMonster

Obviously, I disagree.

I hear ya, and agree that we theoretically are owed an explanation (not anything else or more). But it is Axl we are talking about here, not a normal, trustworthy, artist known to meet targets and deliver on time, or to explain his actions or apologise for being tardy and unreliable.

EDIT: And why exactly do you insist on an explanation? We know what went down in the process of making CD, we know the situation right now. There's no way Axl will come out being forthright and accepting responsibility for what happened and why the plan fell apart. Why insist on an incoherent and bullshit explanation?

Right, and I'm not talking about not being a fan anymore, like some people have mistakenly taken this thread's message. I just mean constantly backing the band and thinking there's still some sort of "master plan" going on behind the scenes. It's about how, if no new music is presented or even announced, taking this band for what it is....Axl, Tommy, and Dizzy and a group of very talented musicians, covering music other artists wrote and recorded. As much as that might ruffle some fans feathers, it wouldn't be an incorrect assessment.

Why would he release an album?

He just announced he wanted $30-50 a year for fan cliub membership and people were trampling eachother around here to join.

He has it good right now as a touring nostalgia act. Why complicate things with a new album release?

Poster above got it right, we don't deserve anything and we shouldn't have an entitlement mentality.

But the most frustrating thing of all for me, and I suspect many others, is we know there are possibly 10-20 tracks at a near-release level of completion.

If we didn't have any knowledge of these other tracks I believe the expectation wouldn't nearly be so huge.

He has it good right now as a touring nostalgia act. Why complicate things with a new album release?

Even nostalgia bands release new music once in a while. :shrugs:

But the most frustrating thing of all for me, and I suspect many others, is we know there are possibly 10-20 tracks at a near-release level of completion.

If we didn't have any knowledge of these other tracks I believe the expectation wouldn't nearly be so huge.

This.

Edited by sofine11

I'm less of a GnR fan than a Bumblefoot/Fortus/Buckethead/Finck/Brain fan so I'm getting more bored every day.

Besides, I'm finding extremely frustrating as a BBF fan that Ron is stuck playing other people's materiel instead of creating some of his own.

I'm not paying to see this band this year even though I have the opportunity to see them as I will be in Paris the day they play there.

New album or GTFO. :shrugs:

Thank you for that annoucement,I'm sure you will be sorely missed and that your proclaimation will influence thousands. :violin:

lol

Op asked a question, I provided my own answer.

Sorry it makes you feel uncomfortable. Now don't cry yourself to sleep over this because it's not worth it, I assure you.

I'm less of a GnR fan than a Bumblefoot/Fortus/Buckethead/Finck/Brain fan so I'm getting more bored every day.

Besides, I'm finding extremely frustrating as a BBF fan that Ron is stuck playing other people's materiel instead of creating some of his own.

I'm not paying to see this band this year even though I have the opportunity to see them as I will be in Paris the day they play there.

New album or GTFO. :shrugs:

Thank you for that annoucement,I'm sure you will be sorely missed and that your proclaimation will influence thousands. :violin:

lol

Op asked a question, I provided my own answer.

Sorry it makes you feel uncomfortable. Now don't cry yourself to sleep over this because it's not worth it, I assure you.

Ha! It takes one hell of a lot more than anonymous comments from people on an internet forum to rattle me :lol:

Just found it a bit grandiose that you felt compelled to map out your game plan like a blackmail plot ie: If GNR doesn't release a new album I'm not gonna like them anymore."

Do you honestly think your boycott will make a difference?

GNR will release Album(s) on their timetable,not yours.

Ah... not this again... :rolleyes:

I didn't know people were still thinking that there is some sort of "master plan". I really haven't expected anything more since CD myself. I'm just content to sit back and watch things unfold as they may.

Sure its fun to speculate about possible new album in the future but to expect it (in the case of some people here, demand it) is an unnecessary stress that I can do without.

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band and keep defending them against naysayers. Without new music, they're only reaffirming themselves as simply a nostalgia band, which is a damn shame when you consider all the other good music Axl hasn't released yet, and all the potential in the current lineup.

I'll always love Guns N' Roses, and will always be grateful for the music Axl and the various lineups have given us. But really, they've been touring on and off in support of Chinese Democracy for more than 10 years now. Enough is enough.

It would be one thing if the band didn't have a finished album that was *supposed to* be put out not long after Chinese Democracy. They do. And for whatever reason (because they sure aren't telling us why) they have not released it to the fans, without so much as a small explanation as to why.

I believe that the upcoming European tour will be the true test as to where this band is heading. If it is just a continuation of the 2010/2011 arena tours, I think that's going to be extremely indicative as to whether or not we'll hear new music at some point in this decade, and whether this lineup merits our continued loyalty and support.

Honestly, it's new album in 2012 or bust for this fan. What do you think?

Please do not include me in your "We" commentary,you don't speak for me.

Been a Gunner since 88, I'm sure as hell not jumping ship over someone's criteria,or some imaginary "deadline".

Not since '86? You are a poser like the rest of us.

Damn,you're right! If I was a "real fan" I would have not waited until 88. :rofl-lol:

Ah... not this again... :rolleyes:

I didn't know people were still thinking that there is some sort of "master plan". I really haven't expected anything more since CD myself. I'm just content to sit back and watch things unfold as they may.

Sure its fun to speculate about possible new album in the future but to expect it (in the case of some people here, demand it) is an unnecessary stress that I can do without.

It's a common malady around here, called "unwarranted sense of entitlement" There is no known cure ;)

Right, and I'm not talking about not being a fan anymore, like some people have mistakenly taken this thread's message. I just mean constantly backing the band and thinking there's still some sort of "master plan" going on behind the scenes. It's about how, if no new music is presented or even announced, taking this band for what it is....Axl, Tommy, and Dizzy and a group of very talented musicians, covering music other artists wrote and recorded. As much as that might ruffle some fans feathers, it wouldn't be an incorrect assessment.

The original "master plan" is either discarded or severely postponed, I don't think anyone can disagree with that, and I have honestly never heard anyone saying anything else. But there could absolutely be a new plan in action. And I for one believe Axl intends to work on a new record after he is satisfied with this touring bout.

He has it good right now as a touring nostalgia act.

It is not a nostalgia act when he released a new record less than 4 years ago and plays songs off that record regularly. Not more than any other touring band who has recently released music and has a great back catalogue to pick songs from which the audience expects to hear.

Why complicate things with a new album release?

Hopefully because he is still an artist with a desire to create and present his art.

I know that, but thank you for reminding me just in case.

I don't feel I'm owed anything.

I just said that I can feel my interest is slowly vanishing and if there's no new album anytime soon ( considering Axl's recent vocal prowesses ), there's very little interest for me to follow that band.

Not that I think it makes any difference whether I support them or not.

Just sayin'.

The only new surprises on Chinese Democracy that didn't leak years prior or were played live for years were Sorry, This I Love, & Scraped. 3 songs out of 14.

They've done a good job of keeping the other tracks unheard for now, but how much longer can Axl assure that it stays that way? He should put them out while there's still a fascination surrounding them and they'll be fresh for the fans.

Edited by sofine11

I know that, but thank you for reminding me just in case.

I don't feel I'm owed anything.

I just said that I can feel my interest is slowly vanishing and if there's no new album anytime soon ( considering Axl's recent vocal prowesses ), there's very little interest for me to follow that band.

Not that I think it makes any difference whether I support them or not.

Just sayin'.

Sorry to come across so harsh, I get what you're trying to express and while we all would like to see a new Album release it makes sense to find other things to occupy our time with.

I'm in for the entire ride. :)

The original "master plan" is either discarded or severely postponed, I don't think anyone can disagree with that, and I have honestly never heard anyone saying anything else. But there could absolutely be a new plan in action. And I for one believe Axl intends to work on a new record after he is satisfied with this touring bout.

He has it good right now as a touring nostalgia act.

It is not a nostalgia act when he released a new record less than 4 years ago and plays songs off that record regularly. Not more than any other touring band who has recently released music and has a great back catalogue to pick songs from which the audience expects to hear.

Why complicate things with a new album release?

Hopefully because he is still an artist with a desire to create and present his art.

A sensible,legible post on an internet forum? :shocked:

Agree with this by the way.

Edited by sailaway

The only new surprises on Chinese Democracy that didn't leak years prior or were played live for years were Sorry, This I Love, & Scraped. 3 songs out of 14.

They've done a good job of keeping the other tracks unheard for now, but how much longer can Axl assure that it stays that way? He should put them out while there's still a fascination surrounding them and they'll be fresh for the fans.

This ^ is what gets me,someone always advising what "should" be done,or how something "should" be handled with limited,sparse,if any knowledge of what may/may not be occuring behind the scenes.

Edited by sailaway

Anything's possible, as we've seen throughout the years with all of our various expectations. All I know is that we were told by various sources, most notably Axl, that Chinese Democracy would consist of multiple albums and almost 4 years later we've yet to reach the multiple part yet, with no sign of it coming. As disappointing as Chinese Democracy's eventual release was both for the band and the fans when you consider that half the album was leaked years before it finally came...I think giving us the second part of those sessions is the least the fans deserve. :shrugs:

There is no second record ready, and I don't think Axl is very motivated to finish the original intended follow-up to CD. Why should he? Many of the guys contributing to that record are gone, the songs themselves are old and probably already been worked on a lot. The whole idea of a trilogy has become a farce, as has the concept of Chinese Democracy. And he has a band with musicians who want to contribute themselves, and not just add to others' songs.

And even if Axl decided to prioritize a record with old songs, he would still have to add remaining vocals, add parts from the new band members, mix it all, and get a deal with a label for release. This just doesn't take 6 months in the world of GN'R, and that is the time remaining when the touring is over. There will be no new music in 2012. And if you believe that you are not only ignorant to the history of GN'R and how that band "works", but also setting yourselves up for a big disappointment. Start to face realities.

You are inadvertently making the argument for folding up the tent and re-uniting with the old guys. I don't agree.

This ^ is what gets me,someone always advising what "should" be done,or how something "should" be handled with limited,sparse,if any knowledge of what may/may not be occuring behind the scenes.

So, by your logic, we should never discuss or have an opinion about anything that we don't have 100% knowledge of. If that's true, then we're fucked as a thinking species, let alone as Guns N' Roses fans.

:crazy:

Anything's possible, as we've seen throughout the years with all of our various expectations. All I know is that we were told by various sources, most notably Axl, that Chinese Democracy would consist of multiple albums and almost 4 years later we've yet to reach the multiple part yet, with no sign of it coming. As disappointing as Chinese Democracy's eventual release was both for the band and the fans when you consider that half the album was leaked years before it finally came...I think giving us the second part of those sessions is the least the fans deserve. :shrugs:

There is no second record ready, and I don't think Axl is very motivated to finish the original intended follow-up to CD. Why should he? Many of the guys contributing to that record are gone, the songs themselves are old and probably already been worked on a lot. The whole idea of a trilogy has become a farce, as has the concept of Chinese Democracy. And he has a band with musicians who want to contribute themselves, and not just add to others' songs.

And even if Axl decided to prioritize a record with old songs, he would still have to add remaining vocals, add parts from the new band members, mix it all, and get a deal with a label for release. This just doesn't take 6 months in the world of GN'R, and that is the time remaining when the touring is over. There will be no new music in 2012. And if you believe that you are not only ignorant to the history of GN'R and how that band "works", but also setting yourselves up for a big disappointment. Start to face realities.

You are inadvertently making the argument for folding up the tent and re-uniting with the old guys. I don't agree.

I don't want Axl to do that as long as there is a chance of him releasing new music in the future (and that chance is significant) and as long as the current lineup out-performs the old one to totally. My only point is to argue the idea that there will be new music this year.