If there's no new album in 2012...

Nick85

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe that is part of the hold up.

If Robin and Bucket helped write those songs, then maybe the financial aspect is a big nightmare right now.

Let's say The General.

Robin and Bucket wrote the guitar parts.

But Axl then has Bumble re-do Robin's parts. And has DJ add back-up guitar parts.

If the song is released, how do you split up the royalties for that one song?

Does Robin get 5% for being an original writer, and DJ gets 3% for adding to the song afterwards, and Bumble gets 3.5% for covering somebody else's parts, etc.

I'm not exactly sure how royalties work, but it seems like it could get messy when you have multiple creaters who aren't in the band anymore.

The band could just release a double-album and SHUT EVERYBODY UP. They did it before with Illusions.

One album could be the left-over CD material.

One album could be an album written by the current band.

Problem solved.

Fans get a ton of new music, and we won't complain for having to wait five years for the next release.

OR THE OPTION that several people have suggested.

Release a box set of some sort, featuring the remaining CD songs, the live concert DVD, alternative CD songs, etc.

Put that out and go tour for another year!!!

Most GnR fans just desperately want new music from their favorite band.

Most bands realize this, and do their best to do it.

Without fans, you have no band.

And like I've said and others have said - the longer they wait to creat their own music, the more likely band members will continue to leave.

And it isn't a "four year wait"......it's one album in the last 10 years.

Finally, the point people are missing about SoFine's initial post.

How do you not call this a cover band or a session band, if they play for years and years and years and only play other people's music, and not music they created? You have guys that have been in the band for longer than Duff/Izzy and Slash.....but the majority of songs played in concert are songs created by Duff/Izzy and Slash (and Axl, of course).

This sums up my feelings.

Have I ever mentioned what a great poster you are?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band and keep defending them against naysayers. Without new music, they're only reaffirming themselves as simply a nostalgia band, which is a damn shame when you consider all the other good music Axl hasn't released yet, and all the potential in the current lineup.

I'll always love Guns N' Roses, and will always be grateful for the music Axl and the various lineups have given us. But really, they've been touring on and off in support of Chinese Democracy for more than 10 years now. Enough is enough.

It would be one thing if the band didn't have a finished album that was *supposed to* be put out not long after Chinese Democracy. They do. And for whatever reason (because they sure aren't telling us why) they have not released it to the fans, without so much as a small explanation as to why.

I believe that the upcoming European tour will be the true test as to where this band is heading. If it is just a continuation of the 2010/2011 arena tours, I think that's going to be extremely indicative as to whether or not we'll hear new music at some point in this decade, and whether this lineup merits our continued loyalty and support.

Honestly, it's new album in 2012 or bust for this fan. What do you think?

Once a fan, always a fan.

I will support the band untill the end, even if they'll never bring a new album out.

THIS x a million!!

Maybe that is part of the hold up.

If Robin and Bucket helped write those songs, then maybe the financial aspect is a big nightmare right now.

Let's say The General.

Robin and Bucket wrote the guitar parts.

But Axl then has Bumble re-do Robin's parts. And has DJ add back-up guitar parts.

If the song is released, how do you split up the royalties for that one song?

Does Robin get 5% for being an original writer, and DJ gets 3% for adding to the song afterwards, and Bumble gets 3.5% for covering somebody else's parts, etc.

I'm not exactly sure how royalties work, but it seems like it could get messy when you have multiple creaters who aren't in the band anymore.

The band could just release a double-album and SHUT EVERYBODY UP. They did it before with Illusions.

One album could be the left-over CD material.

One album could be an album written by the current band.

Problem solved.

Fans get a ton of new music, and we won't complain for having to wait five years for the next release.

OR THE OPTION that several people have suggested.

Release a box set of some sort, featuring the remaining CD songs, the live concert DVD, alternative CD songs, etc.

Put that out and go tour for another year!!!

Most GnR fans just desperately want new music from their favorite band.

Most bands realize this, and do their best to do it.

Without fans, you have no band.

And like I've said and others have said - the longer they wait to creat their own music, the more likely band members will continue to leave.

And it isn't a "four year wait"......it's one album in the last 10 years.

Finally, the point people are missing about SoFine's initial post.

How do you not call this a cover band or a session band, if they play for years and years and years and only play other people's music, and not music they created? You have guys that have been in the band for longer than Duff/Izzy and Slash.....but the majority of songs played in concert are songs created by Duff/Izzy and Slash (and Axl, of course).

This sums up my feelings.

Have I ever mentioned what a great poster you are?

It is Axl's choice to leave the musicians on the tracks. I am sure the record label doesn't like doing the math

People waited 14 years for an album from them, with the band being unheard from for long periods (95-01, 03-06). Atleast now the band is active. Its funny though, in 2002 Axl had planed to release CD then have another album out a year later. They released CD, and have been touring the "after tour" for 4 years. I think this means eigther they're having trouble with the record company, they're rerecording all parts recorded by the 01-02 band, or they're starting from scratch. Eigther way, I'm sure people will stick by the band as long as they are actively touring.

You know the Rolling Stones don't put out albums every year, but yet their fans still always support when they tour and if/when they release new music.

There are many bands who haven't released albums in years and still tour and still bring out the fans.

GNR have an amazing collection of songs that they can continue to tour on forever if they wanted to. I never get tired of hearing any of their songs and wouldn't mind if Axl and GNR continued to tour and sang songs from all their cds.

Nothing would make me ever get tired of GNR and not support them.

If you love a band, you always support them and love them, no matter what!

That's what a real fan does!

Pretty sure if the Rolling Stones went to France in 1971 and didn't actually release Exile on Main Street until 1982 despite having talked about "70 songs", "a trilogy", and yada yada yada, their fans would have "demanded" some fucking clarification and a new album at some point.

You know the Rolling Stones don't put out albums every year, but yet their fans still always support when they tour and if/when they release new music.

There are many bands who haven't released albums in years and still tour and still bring out the fans.

GNR have an amazing collection of songs that they can continue to tour on forever if they wanted to. I never get tired of hearing any of their songs and wouldn't mind if Axl and GNR continued to tour and sang songs from all their cds.

Nothing would make me ever get tired of GNR and not support them.

If you love a band, you always support them and love them, no matter what!

That's what a real fan does!

I totally agree! I wanted to write something, but what for.

i will go down with the ship i always do, i knows its almost like putting your hand on a hot burner and keeping it their but fuck it i ll keep my hand their anyway :tongue2:

i just wish for this version of the band to make an album soon since they are fucking awesome together

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band and keep defending them against naysayers. Without new music, they're only reaffirming themselves as simply a nostalgia band, which is a damn shame when you consider all the other good music Axl hasn't released yet, and all the potential in the current lineup.

I'll always love Guns N' Roses, and will always be grateful for the music Axl and the various lineups have given us. But really, they've been touring on and off in support of Chinese Democracy for more than 10 years now. Enough is enough.

It would be one thing if the band didn't have a finished album that was *supposed to* be put out not long after Chinese Democracy. They do. And for whatever reason (because they sure aren't telling us why) they have not released it to the fans, without so much as a small explanation as to why.

I believe that the upcoming European tour will be the true test as to where this band is heading. If it is just a continuation of the 2010/2011 arena tours, I think that's going to be extremely indicative as to whether or not we'll hear new music at some point in this decade, and whether this lineup merits our continued loyalty and support.

Honestly, it's new album in 2012 or bust for this fan. What do you think?

Axl needs an intervention of his tape hoarding.

Hoarders-LOGO.jpg

indiana-jones-raiders-warehouse.jpg

We should seriously put Axl on the show. Imagine how confused and furious he'd be if they showed up at his mansion in Malibu with cameras and thousands of fans for a staged intervention. :lol:

"Axl, these people care for you. They want to help."

Edited by sofine11

It is harder and harder to defend GnR against the naysayers who call then a cover band.

It is never hard to argue against someone in error, you just point out where they are wrong, and in this case that would be to inform that the band plays songs off CD in every concert, hence plays songs that the current lineup, Axl, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Bumbles, Tommy and Frank helped to write and create, and are therefore not a cover band.

Didn't DJ just say that making a new album was there main goal.

Many members (Tommy, Dizzy, Richard and Dj) alluded to making a new record being a top priority within GN'R and that work on a new record would commence shortly. This happened before the theatre tour was announced, though, so apparently Axl had other plans.

Rationalize it all you want, but if he can't even use this "perfect storm" to release new material, then I give up. I will still follow the band and will always love Axl & GNR, but I will lose faith in Axl's ability to captain this ship.

The sooner you lose that faith the better.

Edited by SoulMonster

I want to hear a new album but I am growing more clinical. I will follow the band though.

Birdcatcher,you're growing Clinical? I'll take chronic over clinical anyday :xmassrudolph:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I reckon they'll write & record new material and debut some of it in an Aussie tour for the first time :thumbsup:

I want to hear a new album but I am growing more clinical. I will follow the band though.

Birdcatcher,you're growing Clinical? I'll take chronic over clinical anyday :xmassrudolph:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I reckon they'll write & record new material and debut some of it in an Aussie tour for the first time :thumbsup:

one can only hope

It is harder and harder to defend GnR against the naysayers who call then a cover band.

It is never hard to argue against someone in error, you just point out where they are wrong, and in this case that would be to inform that the band plays songs off CD in every concert, hence plays songs that the current lineup, Axl, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Bumbles, Tommy and Frank helped to write and create, and are therefore not a cover band.

Their two lead guitar players are actually participating in a cover band when you think about it. Aside from occasionally playing Shackler's Revenge, they don't play a single guitar solo they wrote and contributed to on a song at all the recent shows. For the most part, literally for every song, Bumble covers Bucket and Slash, and Ashba covers Finck and Slash. And let's not forget Bumble's participation to CD weren't really game changing really. He arrived long after the songs were pretty well established based on the leaked demos. Weren't most drums recorded by Brain on CD? Again, think Franks participation was pretty minor too in the grand scheme of things.

And let's be real. Most people are going to the shows to hear the hits with Axl actually singing them. Is it really an argument that this point? The nu band are putting asses in the seat based on a completely other band's contributions. They have yet to prove they can stand on their own two feet within their own material. And now, it just seems like Axl's not even trying to push it forward anymore. He's milking the nostalgic cow dry now. And that, as a result, just makes fans and the general public miss the old band more instead of making them more accepting of the nu band. If this is it, and it's not making any progress in terms of new material, how is this anymore of a cash grab than a reunion?

this line up seems more into being a touring band than the Bucket lineup? anything is a cash grab really. i think axl would do a reunion if it was possible. but theres too many problems. so the guys who are out there now want to be there and look like they are having fun.

Their two lead guitar players are actually participating in a cover band when you think about it. Aside from occasionally playing Shackler's Revenge, they don't play a single guitar solo they wrote and contributed to on a song at all the recent shows. For the most part, literally for every song, Bumble covers Bucket and Slash, and Ashba covers Finck and Slash. And let's not forget Bumble's participation to CD weren't really game changing really. He arrived long after the songs were pretty well established based on the leaked demos. Weren't most drums recorded by Brain on CD? Again, think Franks participation was pretty minor too in the grand scheme of things.

No, they are not "participating in a cover band" when the band with most of the current lineup, released a new record as recently as 2008. A cover band is a band that plays songs from other bands. Only if the current band hadn't released new music and played that music regularly on the shows, and the members didn't play extensive solos during the shows, would I agree that the band could be considered a cover band.

And let's be real. Most people are going to the shows to hear the hits with Axl actually singing them. Is it really an argument that this point? The nu band are putting asses in the seat based on a completely other band's contributions.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this, so why bring it up?

They have yet to prove they can stand on their own two feet within their own material.

No, they do that every time they play music from CD. The fact that the audience may not cheer as much for those songs compared to the classic material, doesn't mean that the musicians can't "stand on their own two feet", it just means that the new songs aren't as popular as the old songs.

And now, it just seems like Axl's not even trying to push it forward anymore. He's milking the nostalgic cow dry now.

Dry already? Nah, he could probably tour the back catalogoue of Guns N' Roses for many years as long as the shows are as spectacular as they are today.

And that, as a result, just makes fans and the general public miss the old band more instead of making them more accepting of the nu band. If this is it, and it's not making any progress in terms of new material, how is this anymore of a cash grab than a reunion?

It is less of a cash grab because now he is surrounded by guys he enjoys playing with, because now he is surrounded by guys he recently released new music with, and because now he is surrounded by guys he (supposedly) wants to create new music with. That's why.