If there's no new album in 2012...

Nick85

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only new surprises on Chinese Democracy that didn't leak years prior or were played live for years were Sorry, This I Love, & Scraped. 3 songs out of 14.

They've done a good job of keeping the other tracks unheard for now, but how much longer can Axl assure that it stays that way? He should put them out while there's still a fascination surrounding them and they'll be fresh for the fans.

This ^ is what gets me,someone always advising what "should" be done,or how something "should" be handled with limited,sparse,if any knowledge of what may/may not be occuring behind the scenes.

So, by your logic, we should never discuss or have an opinion about anything that we don't have 100% knowledge of. If that's true, then we're fucked as a thinking species, let alone as Guns N' Roses fans.

:crazy:

Point went over head?

I simply said nobody can say another individual "should" do something, without personal,or confirmed status of situation at hand.

And to be honest "fucked as a thinking species" does apply in cases.

For people chiding fans for expecting new music this year: In 2009, when people were hoping Axl would make good on his "same bat time, same bat channel next year" comment, people brushed them off and said it'll happen in 2010 at the earliest. In 2010 they said wait for the Chinese Democracy tour to wrap up. In 2011 it we were told to wait for the U.S. tour to wrap up, they'll do it in 2012.

Now here we are in 2012. The U.S. tour is done and dusted. Six years ago Axl told Sebastian Bach that they'd be on the third Chinese Democracy album by now. There's no more excuses for them to not focus on putting out the second record. And yet, fans who hope to hear music this year are once again being chided and told not to expect anything. I wonder what excuses will be made on behalf of the band when we're no closer new music in 2013. "Wait for the 14th Chinese Democracy Tour leg to wrap up! They're not ready yet!"

Edited by sofine11

There's no more excuses for them to not focus on putting out the second record.

How do you know?

I wonder what excuses will be made on behalf of the band when we're no closer new music in 2013. "Wait for the 14th Chinese Democracy Tour leg to wrap up! They're not ready yet!"

Who are making excuses on behalf of the band?

For people chiding fans for expecting new music this year: In 2009, when people were hoping Axl would make good on his "same bat time, same bat channel next year" comment, people brushed them off and said it'll happen in 2010 at the earliest. In 2010 they said wait for the Chinese Democracy tour to wrap up. In 2011 it we were told to wait for the U.S. tour to wrap up, they'll do it in 2012.

Now here we are in 2012. The U.S. tour is done and dusted. Six years ago Axl told Sebastian Bach that they'd be on the third Chinese Democracy album by now. There's no more excuses for them to not focus on putting out the second record. And yet, fans who hope to hear music this year are once again being chided and told not to expect anything. I wonder what excuses will be made on behalf of the band when we're no closer new music in 2013. "Wait for the 14th Chinese Democracy Tour leg to wrap up! They're not ready yet!"

The world is an imperfect place,issues arise and the best of intentions can get derailed. Never had a plan fall through,or had to reschedule an event?

It's not like getting the silence trip,a tour is underway,live streams are beaming,the official site has been updated, these are all positives imo.

Give em' an inch,they'll demand a mile :rolleyes:

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band and keep defending them against naysayers. Without new music, they're only reaffirming themselves as simply a nostalgia band, which is a damn shame when you consider all the other good music Axl hasn't released yet, and all the potential in the current lineup.

I'll always love Guns N' Roses, and will always be grateful for the music Axl and the various lineups have given us. But really, they've been touring on and off in support of Chinese Democracy for more than 10 years now. Enough is enough.

It would be one thing if the band didn't have a finished album that was *supposed to* be put out not long after Chinese Democracy. They do. And for whatever reason (because they sure aren't telling us why) they have not released it to the fans, without so much as a small explanation as to why.

I believe that the upcoming European tour will be the true test as to where this band is heading. If it is just a continuation of the 2010/2011 arena tours, I think that's going to be extremely indicative as to whether or not we'll hear new music at some point in this decade, and whether this lineup merits our continued loyalty and support.

Honestly, it's new album in 2012 or bust for this fan. What do you think?

Once a fan, always a fan.

I will support the band untill the end, even if they'll never bring a new album out.

+1

Intellectually, I'm telling the band to fuck off if there's no new material, but music isn't something intellectual, and I love Guns N' Roses. I'm going down with the ship.

We fans are like battered wives in this sense. :lol: We know we should leave but we're standing by our band. *cue Tammy Wynette song*

I've been listening to a lot of Bumble's solo stuff as of late...picked up Tommy's album...I'm listening to DJ Ashba's solos as if they were individual songs haha. I want new music badly, I really do...but my expectation for any new music in 2012 is so low that anything would be a huge surprise. I'm a fan for life, whether they do or don't I'll always be there following their tours, music, and more.

How can we keep supporting this band...

With my dick.

WOW, that was a weak attempt at a joke. You're better off not trying.

OT: Yeah I'd love for a new album to happen. I'm not sure what the "point" of touring is for this current tour. I am glad people are getting to see them all play and everything but it's time for new music. CD seemed to be comprised of the final versions of the leaks (if they hadn't leaked we probably would have gotten a different version of CD) with a few new tracks thrown in. I think it's all up to record company red tape at this point.

I honestly don't buy that the label is preventing a release. More that the label won't agree to whatever crazy terms Axl might lay before them. With the crap that hits the shelves every Tuesday, I highly doubt the label would simply go "Nah." when Axl Rose hands them a new Guns N' Roses album to put out. I just can't believe that.

I honestly don't buy that the label is preventing a release. More that the label won't agree to whatever crazy terms Axl might lay before them. With the crap that hits the shelves every Tuesday, I highly doubt the label would simply go "Nah." when Axl Rose hands them a new Guns N' Roses album to put out. I just can't believe that.

I think they are. It makes sense due to what Axl said in that last Trunk interview pertaining to new music and how the record company was "feeling things out" (or whatever the quote was). As far as new music not being played on tour goes, they could be "forbidden" from playing new songs much like they way Metallica was forbidden by their record company from playing new songs off "Death Magnetic" for a few months before released even though Lars bitched to them about it over and over. This MIGHT be a similar situation-albeit a very different one at the same time.

I think they are. It makes sense due to what Axl said in that last Trunk interview pertaining to new music and how the record company was "feeling things out" (or whatever the quote was). As far as new music not being played on tour goes, they could be "forbidden" from playing new songs much like they way Metallica was forbidden by their record company from playing new songs off "Death Magnetic" for a few months before released even though Lars bitched to them about it over and over. This MIGHT be a similar situation-albeit a very different one at the same time.

I agree that there's still some negotiating that needs to go on between Axl and the label before we see another Guns album. I just don't think they're simply stone-walling Axl from putting it out. I also agree that Axl should wait until they secure a release before they debut new songs live. Heck, they played 5 new songs in 2001, and it still took another 7 years to get the album out. So playing songs live doesn't mean much to me if it doesn't mean that the next album is right around the corner, which is what I meant when I said that the European tour will probably be a good indication as to whether that's the case.

Edited by sofine11

I will always be a fan, and Axl is my favorite singer of all time.

But this attitude of just enjoy the old stuff and touring and who cares if they ever release new music is just weird to me. This is an active band!!!! Bands release new music and tour....that is what bands do. Fans aren't making outlandish and crazy demanding requests by wishing their favorite band would occasionly put out new music.

The op makes a great point though.

It is harder and harder to defend GnR against the naysayers who call then a cover band. If you don't release music you created, and you constantly tour songs created by other people.....how are you not a cover band?

I don't understand why a talented band would NOT want to share their music with the world? And why a fan wouldn't want 45 songs in their IPOD today instead of 14 songs created by GnR since Axl got back into the game.

Edited by Groghan

I will always be a fan, and Axl is my favorite singer of all time.

But this attitude of just enjoy the old stuff and touring and who cares if they ever release new music is just weird to me. This is an active band!!!! Bands release new music and tour....that is what bands do. Fans aren't making outlandish and crazy demanding requests by wishing their favorite band would occasionly put out new music.

The op makes a great point though.

It is harder and harder to defend GnR against the naysayers who call then a cover band. If you don't release music you created, and you constantly your songs created by other people.....how are you not a cover band?

I don't understand why a talented band would NOT want to share their music with the world? And why a fan wouldn't want 45 songs in their IPOD today instead of 14 songs created by GnR since Axl got back into the game.

Thanks! :D

And yes, after all the hoops Axl jumped through to essentially recreate Guns N' Roses and record several albums worth of music, you'd think that he'd try a little harder to get more than 14 songs (11 of which were spoiled by leaks long before the album was released) out in the 14 year history of the new lineup.

1 unpromoted album in 14 years with still no sign of the followup kinda makes you wonder what it was all for. :shrugs:

Edited by sofine11

It is kinda sad how both of the lead guitarists never play a single guitar solo to a song theycame up with (with the exception of occasionally Shacklers). It is more or less currently a cover band, even with CD stuff thrown in. Even Frank, Brain was more of the drummer for CD, wasn't he? You also can say "well Bumble played on every song!" but it was mostly additional rhythm guitar to already well established songs (based on the old demos, so that's more fact than opinion) with a few solos added on top. None of which (again, besides occasionally Shackler's) he plays live. Bumble covers Bucket and Slash, Ashba covers Finck and Slash.

I honestly don't mean this as an insult, but I think the reason we don't have new music comes down to a combination of things. Axl being scared of failure through new material, and the label no longer believing in nu material after Chinese. You have to remember there's no aurora or hype surrounding this next potential release like there was for CD. It would either sink or swim on it's own merits. I know some might take offense to that, but it does seem like a possibility.

Edited by BS11290

IMO, both Axl and Universal feel that they got burnt last time around and are standing firm in the budget negotiations for the next GNR record.

Hence the stalemate we currntly are in. Mabey the label wants to see some compromise on Axl's part and it just aint happening.

I say we dont get any new music soon, maybe not ever.

I don't know. Putting the thing on myspace killed sales. There is a way to do this that is a money making venture. It just requires promoting the album (that includes ALL parties). I have to think Axl has at least five good songs on the second disc (as there are at least five on C.D.)

Don't forget IRS charted as a leak. Better was a huge screw up and chinese d was on the radio for a while where i'm from. Catcher is a great song as well.

Acting like these songs sucks is pretty dumb on any level. Is it up to par with Appetite or Illusions, no I don't think so. but there are several good/very good songs.