When was the last time to the band played You're Crazy live (the AFD version, not Lies)?

Strange Broue

When was the last time to the band played You're Crazy live (the AFD version, not Lies)?

NewGnr played this version ever?

I don't think that version has been played since 87, I could be wrong though.

Theres 2 reason for this. 1, the lies version is superior and closer to the original written version intended. 2, 1986 Axl is long gone. His recorded vocals on appetite version are too hard to sing now, and probably then as well. Axl set the bar pretty high for himself sometimes.

ahh seems they did play it a few times after 87, i figured so. Never like that version tbh though.

Edited by SuperBlaine

Not the last time it was played though.

Theres 2 reason for this. 1, the lies version is superior and closer to the original written version intended. 2, 1986 Axl is long gone. His recorded vocals on appetite version are too hard to sing now, and probably then as well. Axl set the bar pretty high for himself sometimes.

It was played in the 90's at the very least, definitely since '87.

Yeah i see that now. I knew if it was played, it was not many times cuz of all the boots i have and listen to.

Yeah i see that now. I knew if it was played, it was not many times cuz of all the boots i have and listen to.

Of course in 91 pre illusion release, they were playing anything they wanted and felt liked playing which is awesome.

yeah this version sucks

Oh c'mon.

I don't interested how are you fell the AFD version of this song.

Get out of here :fuckyou:

Thx, so this is the last version?

hmm with Sebastian Bach

I believe when it was played in '06 (Worcester maybe?) It was the AFD version. I can't verify this as there's no recording, but that's what I've been told in the past.

thx for the info

I like the AFD version... :drevil:

but the Lies version is far better.

Yeah, I like the Lies version better, but still love the fast version too...

I think I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone here and say I prefer the Appetite version, I think it'd be an absolute blast live! I heard rumours that both versions have been played since 2006 but I've never seen conclusive evidence they've done anything other than the Lies version.

It was played in like West Virginia or South Carolina in 2006. So was the Lies version. There aren't videos though.

Really? Is there an audio of this anywhere?

They did it in Greensboro, NC in 2006 (I think it may have been November 2nd, if I recall correctly). I was there. No recordings, so I can't prove, but this is based off my memory. It was awesome, by the way. Crowd really got into it.

I'm one of the few (maybe only) who used to list crazy as a song they should play live. Always been one of my favorites.

Civil War, Crazy, Nightrain and Yesterdays are the songs that never get enough love. All GnR fans live civil war, but I still can't believe the mainstream rock audience didn't put it as one of the top songs of the decade. I think nightrain is the crazy train of GnR's catalog and is the perfect hard rock song, and I like it much better than the more popular ycbm or paradise city.

I'm one of the few (maybe only) who used to list crazy as a song they should play live. Always been one of my favorites.

+1

I was thrilled when they brought You're Crazy out for a lot of the UCAP dates, it has a killer groove and at the show I was at Axl nailed it live.

Edited by WhazUp