London 31.05

GivenToFly

I can't believe all the bs in this thread...

Looks like it was a great show to be at (other than the long-ass changeover). Perhaps TL went on a wee bit too early?

Question: when Izzy was on did Fortus (or anyone else) take a breather, or were there 4 guitarists on at the same time? Must have been amazing!

14 years

rock3

It's sad isn't it, looks like guns-fn are having the usual mean mugging meltdown over there, this should be a celebatory thread

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Implying that Axl cutting one show early for transport reasons negates the previous tours where he didn't give a fuck every single night is hilarious.

Not meaning to downplay the gesture, I think it's cool on Axl's part, but it doesn't suddenly make Axl some pariah of fan-consideration. Love him or hate him (I love the guy, saw him twice this tour and would see him ten times more if I could) there's no sense in blowing things like this out of proportion.

A complaint was made, Axl listened and did respond. That's all.

By the way, perhaps you should reconsider your use of the word "pariah".

Ali

2hours50 of rock n' roll, Izzy on 6 songs, 14 years, Dead Flowers. Wow Kickass gig !

Yes. Izzy! Take note kids (Nu fans). That's how it used to be. TWAT is right.....

what am I suppose to take note of? Why can't we have the best of both worlds?

Because as technically perfect these hired guys are, the magic isn't there. Good shows- yes. Magic/chemistry-no.

Shut up. Don't tell people to "take notes" or call them "nu fans" because it sounds incredibly stupid and snobbish.

Note- the kids call it "Nu Guns". JFC. Not my wording. 1st I heard that term was on here. Read around on the threads.

Uh huh.

Yay my post was deleted!

Sorry about your photo of a gorilla. :tongue2:

But it was attached to other posts that were causing a major topic derailment. They were removed in a necessary thread cleansing to get the topic back on track.

Nothing personal. :)

Woah, just got back home to the hotel! Won't write a lot right now, as I need to save some energy for tomorrow. A little bit gutted about the encore, really wanted to hear Maddy etc. But amazing show, and awesome to see Izzy!!

So no Catcher but you got to hear 14 years and Dead Flowers and Izzy. Awesome!

Implying that Axl cutting one show early for transport reasons negates the previous tours where he didn't give a fuck every single night is hilarious.

Not meaning to downplay the gesture, I think it's cool on Axl's part, but it doesn't suddenly make Axl some pariah of fan-consideration. Love him or hate him (I love the guy, saw him twice this tour and would see him ten times more if I could) there's no sense in blowing things like this out of proportion.

A complaint was made, Axl listened and did respond. That's all.

By the way, perhaps you should reconsider your use of the word "pariah".

Ali

laugh.gif Damn! Ali is one of my favorite posters - as his namesake used to, he floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee.

Axl and Izzy making an album would be to GNR what Beggars Banquet is to the Rolling Stones, which is my favorite Stones album and arguably their best. It's on youtube for free btw. They should do it. It would be really good for both of them, and make the best album of this decade. There's really that much talent and chemistry between those two. They're on par with Jagger/Richard, Page/Plant, McCartney/Lennon. It'd be a creative/artistic album, a cheap album, a short album, and it would sell millions.

Except Beggars Banquet was recorded with the original Rolling Stones line-up and only 5 years into their recording career when the guys were still in their 20s and hungry.

Given their age and that it's only two members, I would predict an album of the same/similar quality of the work put out by Page & Plant in the 1990s - Unledded and Walking Into Clarksdale.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The SLAA Chronicles:

Show 1:

TWAT, meets the band minus Diz and Axl

Show 2:

Meets Axl

Show 3:

Meets Axl again

Show 4:

14 Years, possibly meets Axl again

She was also there in 2010 when Duff came out.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The SLAA Chronicles:

Show 1:

TWAT, meets the band minus Diz and Axl

Show 2:

Meets Axl

Show 3:

Meets Axl again

Show 4:

14 Years, possibly meets Axl again

She was also there in 2010 when Duff came out.

Yeah I remembered that later and added it in.

Yeah, I was like twenty pages behind.

This had better be the same show Friday fucking night!

Are you going to be there Dazey?

Just got back from the O2, knackered!

Thin Lizzy were superb, they came on a little earlier than I was expecting. They got the crowd that had gathered already going.

Pretty much exactly 1 3/4s hour wait, by 10.20 there was alot of booing...needless to say that ceased instantly the moment the lights went down. WTTJ was a huge highlight, you only REALLY get a grip on how great Axl's vocals can be when he goes for those power notes (Like at the start of WTTJ, Live and Let Die, Heavens Door, etc) and its very true to say that he sounds much better live than ANY youtube video I've seen. Vocally it weren't that raspy, but his cleaner vocals were by in large very strong and everybody who I spoke to were very impressed by Axl and the band.

Talking of the band, they were quality, the solos were good though many people used them as a toilet break, as you'd expect Fortus' solo IMO was the highlight in terms of the solo. You'd never know whether the orginal band was playing or not, which is a great compliment to the folks.

Talking of the orginal band, seeing Izzy up there was a big shock. I had heard rumours regarding him showing up tomorrow night but to see him tonight was unexpected...to be able to say I got to see the first 14 years (Axl did backing vocals for the verses) in over 2 decades is just mindblowing, I sorta had a feeling something was up when Tommy's solo was so early. Then to follow it up with Dead Flowers was superb. The fact there was no longer encore was a slight shame (I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see TWAT...if he comes on earlier tomorrow look out for that IMO) but the set rotation and the two ultra rare songs more than made up for that. Shacklers was bloody great!

- Axl was in a great mood tonight, talked a fair amount about the jubilee.

- Axl stopped November rain briefly right at the start of the outro due to something going on with the crowd (couldn't tell what)

- Axl forgot some of the words in the 3rd verse of Civil War (Its interesting to see Axl making a fluff of a song after introducing an older song, it happened in Rio as well, though he dealt with it far better this time!!)

- DJ put his guitar over the head of a disabled person again during Nightrain, quality gesture.

- Only PC in the encore, Axl called himself "Bad Jesus" with regards to saying sorry for the short encore. Alot of people already had left after Nightrain as tube information popped up on the advertising boards.

Y

AMAZING show...over and out.

Tt

Sweet review ! You can't always get what you wa-nt,but if u try sometimesyou get whatcja need.

Yeah I'm inebriated

Edited by sailaway

Certainly am buddy! :) Leaving work at 4pm then I've got about four and a half hours travel to get to the show. He'd better not pull the plug early like last night if it's a late start cos I've no way to get home no matter what time the show finishes. Think I might be looking for a nice cosy park bench come 2am. :lol:

My first G n' R live show after 24 years following the band. One word. Entertainment!

I won't mention the late start, but Axl and the band made up for it when they arrived. It was a brilliant show, one of the best I've ever been to.

Great to see Izzy on stage with the band, wish Duff could have made it too, but I love the newer G n' R. Yes I've fond memories of the original line-up but I've no need to dwell on that.

The talent in his band is just Awe. Some!

First time at the O2 arena, kicks the pants off Wembley Arena! Top support staff there and after the show at 1:30am, I just grabbed a boat west! Easy (or It's so easy :D)

My next gig is Slash and Myles, I'm not going to compare, they R'n'R in their own right. But Axl you still hold the crown as top rock entertainer.

I look forward to the next album.

Thanks again Gn'R, magical!

Edited by teaboy

Certainly am buddy! :) Leaving work at 4pm then I've got about four and a half hours travel to get to the show. He'd better not pull the plug early like last night if it's a late start cos I've no way to get home no matter what time the show finishes. Think I might be looking for a nice cosy park bench come 2am. :lol:

Don't they charge you for them or is that just the chairs? Find some seats in the tube, much warmer down there for a night's sleep. Or maybe get on their tour bus, they'll be out partying for a while so you won't be disturbed :sleeper:

So great seeing Izzy and Axl perform together again :wub: Axl and Izzy will always be my favorite original gunners (Duff's a close runner up though)

Axl on the tour bus after the show. He should wear flannel more, I love that look on him

379253_343769589026690_111007095636275_813230_1371882689_n.jpg

Oh yes, much better :thumbsup:

Man, last night was sweet! Great show, great crowd (not like the normal assholes you get) and Izzy Stradlin! I also scored a nice piece of ass on the way home. I rock.

Maybe I'll try to get tickets for tonight too...

Edited by axl8302