• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Thin Lizzy playing aswell tonight?

Really enjoyed their set last night.

Don't think so, they where class last night

Yeh, they were great.

Went with my brother last night and bringing my girlfriend tonight, and really recommended Lizzy to her.

The Thin Lizzy website says they are playing tonight but the AEG Live website says they arent...

AND JUST TO CLARIFY:

'Official Announcement from Thin Lizzy Band & Management:

Contrary to anything you may have heard or read, Thin Lizzy WILL be playing with Guns n' Roses at both their London 02 shows on May 31st and June 1st.

We look forward to seeing to all there!'

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ThinLizzyOfficial

Awesome :thumbsup:

Axl sang "with your ass in the air" in YCBM ..last time I remember him doing that was with Duff in Seattle. Got me thinking, could that be an old little inside joke from the original lineup? Well obviously it has always been a joke as it isnt the actual lyrics, but maybe theres a story to go with it, interesting

Axl sang "with your ass in the air" in YCBM ..last time I remember him doing that was with Duff in Seattle. Got me thinking, could that be an old little inside joke from the original lineup? Well obviously it has always been a joke as it isnt the actual lyrics, but maybe theres a story to go with it, interesting

He gets a kick when the crowd sings it regardless. At the Wilkes-Barre and Philly shows, the crowd sang it anyway, and Axl was smiling and laughing about it.

He sang it in Newcastle last week, I remember grinning like an idiot when I heard it because he usually only slips that line in when he's enjoying himself and in a great mood. :)

There were definitely a few cameras. There were two in front of the stage. I think two more were high on top of the scaffolding. I think there was one on the left side of the stage on a crane of some sort, I'm not sure, it looked like a camera. That's all I could see.

Don't post here much, but wanted to put a few thoughts after last nights gig-

-I was worried about how Axl would sound, the last time I saw them was the show in 2010 at the O2 when Duff turned up, and Axl obviously sounded fantastic then, live and on youtube, but last night although watching some of the videos on youtube it sounds a bit mickey mouse, at the show it really did sound amazing- when he sung the choruses on dead flowers it just sounded really powerful and huge. It really is completely different being at the show.

-Izzy is just so cool, nothing else to say. He sounded just the same as 91, such a hero.

-The crowd was far more into it than any other Gn'R gigs I've seen before, there were some boos about an hour after Thin Lizzy came off, when there was still no sight of Guns, but as soon as he appeared they got really into it, and as far as I could see less people left than at previous gigs, and so most people were still there for PC. On the subject of Thin Lizzy, they were by far and away the best opener I've seen so far.

-There also seemed to be far more pyro than normal- I hadn't seen them till now on this tour, so maybe it's been like that at all shows, but there seemed to be far more pyro than I remembered, at the end of practically every song- maybe because it was being filmed?

-Axl, before DJ's solo, said 'lets see what we, can fuck with next,' in exactly the same accent as when he said it at RIR- don't know if he's said that at other gigs since, or if it was some kind of joking reference to RIR

-Lots of the casual fans seemed to know far more about this line up than previous 'nu' line ups- I heard someone saying they wished Slash would play with Axl again, then another guy, who definitely didn't sound a hardcore fan, said 'Na, I really like this new guy, Dj Ashba, he seems really good.'

-Axl cut off the outro of NR, to point at the front row and say something, then, as the sparks/firework things from the outro were still going, said they may as well start again, and re-played the outro. After that song, he said 'Good night,' and it looked like he was going to walk off. I thought that was it, done :confused:

-When he was cutting short the encore, he said he wanted to play for longer, but had heard the last train was going soon, and he was 'trying to do the right thing. Like jesus. Only bad. Bad Jesus.' :rofl-lol: He seemed in a really good mood all night.

-Fortus is an absolute beast, he was amazing last night. The whole band was really good, all the fans afterwards seemed to have been completely won over, and as a whole gig it was definitely tighter and more powerful that the 2010 O2 gigs. Just really amazing. Can't wait to see it all again tonight!

There were definitely a few cameras. There were two in front of the stage. I think two more were high on top of the scaffolding. I think there was one on the left side of the stage on a crane of some sort, I'm not sure, it looked like a camera. That's all I could see.

From what I could see on the videos I think there were 3 or 4 cameras between the stage and the audience. Usually there's two back by the control desk (in the audience). I couldn't see any up on stage on the videos I saw (only seen a couple).

With a 25 camera setup I would think there would have been a camera boom panning over the audience as well.

I just hope they're sticking with their original plan cuz it would be awesome to have a proper full video production, not just the usual camera angles used for the concert video walls.

Don't post here much, but wanted to put a few thoughts after last nights gig-

-I was worried about how Axl would sound, the last time I saw them was the show in 2010 at the O2 when Duff turned up, and Axl obviously sounded fantastic then, live and on youtube, but last night although watching some of the videos on youtube it sounds a bit mickey mouse, at the show it really did sound amazing- when he sung the choruses on dead flowers it just sounded really powerful and huge. It really is completely different being at the show.

-Axl, before DJ's solo, said 'lets see what we, can fuck with next,' in exactly the same accent as when he said it at RIR- don't know if he's said that at other gigs since, or if it was some kind of joking reference to RIR

-When he was cutting short the encore, he said he wanted to play for longer, but had heard the last train was going soon, and he was 'trying to do the right thing. Like jesus. Only bad. Bad Jesus.' :rofl-lol: He seemed in a really good mood all night.

1: YES!! Its really true that he does sound better live than on youtube, I just think the echo of the arena and perhaps the subtlites of the sound is perhaps somewhat missed by cameras, plus obviously the whole atmosphere.

2: Also talking aobut Rock in Rio, he also did that odd sound (like a rabbit?!) which he did during Knocking at Rock in Rio, haven't heard him do that at any otyher show on the youtbue videos.

3: That was a classic line, Bad Jesus!! He was pretty talkative all night really.