London 31.05

GivenToFly

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it would be even more comfortable for people to not have to worry about the trains if he canceled the show. They wouldn't even have to get there in the first place.

Maybe you're onto something there! Yeah, this could be the birth of a new more considerate Axl! Maybe he'll cut the shows down to an hour or so next time just to make sure the fans can get home for the babysitter? :lol:

But I have a better idea. If they started playing at 3 or 4 AM, people would easily go home by catching the first trains that day. If the show gets too long, well, there are going to be trains for the next 18 hours at least.

Either that or he could just sing Paradise City as the opener & the encore :rolleyes:

setlist please

Setlist

Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Better

Tommy Stinson Solo - Motivation

14 Years with Izzy Stradlin

Richard Fortus Solo

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Shackler's Revenge

Dizzy Reed Solo

Street Of Dreams

You could Be Mine with Izzy Stradlin !

DJ Ashba Solo - Ballad Of Death

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick In The Wall

Axl Rose Solo

November Rain

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal Solo - Glad To Be Here

Don't Cry

Civil War

Dead Flowers with Izzy Stradlin!

Knockin' On Heaven's Door with Izzy !

Nightrain with Izzy !

Jam Chip Away/ Paradise City with Izzy

581175_419978501375576_1771305634_n.jpg

536505_10150818293065059_1906862933_n.jpg

:devil:

FINALLY (in the Rock's voice) lol

they did some more jams with the man, cool,

and yeah while I agree zep, well if I were you I'd refrain from the "shutting up" part (though it's tempting :tongue2: ) just so they won't ban or warn you or anything

Chip Away - they have to get that on youtube or dvd or somewhere :tongue2:

Isn't "Chip Away The Stone" on youtube from 2010?

Don't know why I'm hearing this now for the first time,but damn .. Axl sound's great on this! As for the Aerosmith version - Eh,it kinda blows. Axl could cover pretty much anything and improve upon it.That set list would have been damn near perfect if only they played "Madagascar", "Rosie" and "Catcher". No complaints here,though. Hope everyone had a good time.

Edited by Estrangedfx

Isn't "Chip Away The Stone" on youtube from 2010?

Don't know why I'm hearing this now for the first time,but damn .. Axl sound's great on this! As for the Aerosmith version - Eh,it kinda blows. Axl could cover pretty much anything and improve upon it.That set list would have been damn near perfect if only they played "Madagascar", "Rosie" and "Catcher". No complaints here,though. Hope everyone had a good time.

Yeah but only one minute!!!! I want the full song, only just heard it the other day & fell in love with it so listened to Aerosmith & agree that Guns do it soooo much better. I think it's Axl's unique voice that tops it.

Nightrain with Izzy Stradlin :thumbsup:

Damn Straight Angeles! I'll drink to that! Care 2 join me? :wub:

sure!!!! :kiss:

Angeles,due to your undying loyalty and ever present support I would like to pay for you to be a supporter,is that okay ? :lub:

Shoot me an answer. :kiss:

you're sweet!!! :kiss: thanks for being so kind

Nightrain with Izzy Stradlin :thumbsup:

Damn Straight Angeles! I'll drink to that! Care 2 join me? :wub:

sure!!!! :kiss:

Angeles,due to your undying loyalty and ever present support I would like to pay for you to be a supporter,is that okay ? :lub:

Shoot me an answer. :kiss:

you're sweet!!! :kiss: thanks for being so kind

Done,check in Support I made a thread.

And no,you don't owe me a damn thing,I simply like your enthusiasm and positivity.

Great show!!! :lub:

Just got back from the O2, knackered!

Thin Lizzy were superb, they came on a little earlier than I was expecting. They got the crowd that had gathered already going.

Pretty much exactly 1 3/4s hour wait, by 10.20 there was alot of booing...needless to say that ceased instantly the moment the lights went down. WTTJ was a huge highlight, you only REALLY get a grip on how great Axl's vocals can be when he goes for those power notes (Like at the start of WTTJ, Live and Let Die, Heavens Door, etc) and its very true to say that he sounds much better live than ANY youtube video I've seen. Vocally it weren't that raspy, but his cleaner vocals were by in large very strong and everybody who I spoke to were very impressed by Axl and the band.

Talking of the band, they were quality, the solos were good though many people used them as a toilet break, as you'd expect Fortus' solo IMO was the highlight in terms of the solo. You'd never know whether the orginal band was playing or not, which is a great compliment to the folks.

Talking of the orginal band, seeing Izzy up there was a big shock. I had heard rumours regarding him showing up tomorrow night but to see him tonight was unexpected...to be able to say I got to see the first 14 years (Axl did backing vocals for the verses) in over 2 decades is just mindblowing, I sorta had a feeling something was up when Tommy's solo was so early. Then to follow it up with Dead Flowers was superb. The fact there was no longer encore was a slight shame (I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see TWAT...if he comes on earlier tomorrow look out for that IMO) but the set rotation and the two ultra rare songs more than made up for that. Shacklers was bloody great!

- Axl was in a great mood tonight, talked a fair amount about the jubilee.

- Axl stopped November rain briefly right at the start of the outro due to something going on with the crowd (couldn't tell what)

- Axl forgot some of the words in the 3rd verse of Civil War (Its interesting to see Axl making a fluff of a song after introducing an older song, it happened in Rio as well, though he dealt with it far better this time!!)

- DJ put his guitar over the head of a disabled person again during Nightrain, quality gesture.

- Only PC in the encore, Axl called himself "Bad Jesus" with regards to saying sorry for the short encore. Alot of people already had left after Nightrain as tube information popped up on the advertising boards.

AMAZING show...over and out.

Amazing show, bit gutted about the encore, was hoping the show would beat Manchester's length. Still nice surprises in the set, loved it.

Check out my pics from tonight's show :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151004134794948.489572.545104947&type=1

Also bumped into SLAA, think she is following me around and using guns n roses as an excuse :P

.. Roll on tomorrow night!!!!!

By the way the encore started I think with the start of the previous Pre-Paradise Jam (which caught me out as I was expecting Maddy!), then moved onto Chip whilst Axl was talking (told them to simmer down!)

Will have to wait to see the videos though to see what happened with certainty!

I can't believe all the bs in this thread...

Looks like it was a great show to be at (other than the long-ass changeover). Perhaps TL went on a wee bit too early?

Question: when Izzy was on did Fortus (or anyone else) take a breather, or were there 4 guitarists on at the same time? Must have been amazing!

14 years

rock3

14 years

So awesome! It's great to see Axl and Izzy perform together again.

Take note that Izzy and Richard never stand too close together. If they touch or even make eye contact then the space time continuum will implode!

Edited by HB3