Bumblefoot's Tweet: "Drained of passion & desire, way too many nails in the coffin on this tour."

Tyler Drama

To aviod any, where's the cowboy boots N' fedoras at in this homefuck of a mall? You see, the incessant rain promotes leakage of the stage, it arrives none too fondly from those horseshittin' cornshucklin' corn row-less clouds N' dampens my spirits (not the alcoholic kind!!!) I don't appreciate gettin my goddam ginger locks wet (nor the rock n' roll HOF, honoured n' all but not my jurisdiction) n' slippin like a mofo all over the show. I'll punch your lights out Azoff. For the rest o' ya, happy xmas, top o' the mornin' from me N' Dijon!!!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sooner Bumbke leave the better. Nice guy, solid guitarist but he doesnt have "it". Hes not a rock star. This is GnR . Time for him to move on. Appreciate the slide effect on better and chindem. Adios

Doesn't have "it?" "Not a rockstar?"

2 words. Izzy Stradlin

my dad has a major spine injury and when it first happend to him he would lash out because of the pain

+1

Same with my dad. Spine surgery and the after-affects are a royal pain in the ass- and there's really no panacea for it. Surgery helps a bit. Pain pills help- but can be dangerous and addictive. Spinal injections help a lot- but wear off after a few months and you can only go to that well so many times. You can function and have a normal life- but you'll always have to be super-protective of your back and steer well away from anything that could re-aggravate it (or you're hatin' life). Anyway, not too sure endlessly touring the world as a co-lead guitarist of a world famous rock band really qualifies as being "super-protective" of one's back.

Personally- I think we've been very blessed and fortunate that Bumble's been able to grit his teeth and insure that the band/Axl delivered on all its touring obligations the last year or so. I would not be surprised at all if he determines that the situation is no longer tenable for him though. Frankly, I would have to believe it's just a matter of time really...

Hope I'm wrong because I like and respect Bumble a lot and love the current line-up (who I think for the most part get along quite well- certainly by GN'R standards)...

If another guy started behaving like Axl it could become quite exciting. But session players are not meant to be exciting.

BBF did not behave like Axl and is not a session player. Did Fortus do anything I'm not aware of?

If he leaves it could close the door on the CD era and usher in the Dj N Roses era.

I personally think we're pretty much already there- with the main question being whether the Dj N' Roses era will produce new music or a never-ending Greatest Hits Tour (still a heck of a good show) that replenishes Axl's war chest and provides a platform for all of Dj's various professional and commercial interests.

I'm actually not trying to be a douche with any of that as I'm one of a mere hand-full of Dj supporters on this board. I just do think a "new" Dj-focused era (with Dj as Axl's main sidekick) for Guns has begun (or is about to begin) though...

ANY sort of pain / injury can put someone in a so-called bad mood. He didn't even mention that in the tweet, it sounded more of an emotional issue than a physical one. He just seems pretty much over the whole tour "thing" and whatever may have happened we're not aware of. I guess it's wait and see time now.

well It wont be long, the Axl worshippers that loved Ron all those years while he was a part of Guns N Roses will suddenly turn on him, belittle him and call him names (as they do Slash) If or when he decides to leave the band. God forbid, a band member actually grows a set and speaks his mind.

While BBF may make decent money on this tour it was no where near the money Axl was making. Axl wanted to rake in a huge amount of money touring and did so a a rapid pace. I mean seriously everyone on the board pretty much got tired of the shows as it was the same thing night after night. All those shows and not one new original song. So what was the point? Oh yeah, $$$$$$$$$$$$$

what a self-involved, whiny bitch.

please chill on personal insults in this thread.

it's a bit disheartening that we're allowing people so much more freedom in the attitude subforum, yet people still enjoy pushing the limits in Discussion and News. please keep the rules in mind when posting. you can criticize ron or any bandmember as long as you're expressing yourself in an appropriate manner, but language like that won't be tolerated.

They've played 30 or so 3 hour shows in the past two months, and he's said that the rest of his life will be dictated by back pain. He is likely exhausted mentally and physically, and ready to get off the road (hence the "need to get home and recharge my batteries" part). People will read into it more deeply, though

Good analysis Shotgun!

these drama queens are having a field day with it unfortunately.

what a self-involved, whiny bitch.

please chill on personal insults in this thread.

it's a bit disheartening that we're allowing people so much more freedom in the attitude subforum, yet people still enjoy pushing the limits in Discussion and News. please keep the rules in mind when posting. you can criticize ron or any bandmember as long as you're expressing yourself in an appropriate manner, but language like that won't be tolerated.

Appreciated,thank you for the intervention :thumbsup:

This is a strange thing for Ron to tweet about, and not once but alot of his tweets have been in this same essence. Which leads me to think that something must have happened, or Ron is re-evaluating his role inside GN'R, and deciding whether it's time to move on.

Ron is a very intelligent person, and he knows only too well how vague tweets can be taken out of context and cause alot of misguided information. But here it seems as if Ron is purposely causing this conflict, as if he wants fans to think of the double meaning, we are all too often told not to recognise.

Hope Ron is ok all the same, he is one of the most talented members of GN'R today, and to lose him I feel would be a big blow.

Thats a pretty funny comment coming from you sailaway, considering you are one of the biggest Axl loving drama queens on this board. IF Ron, for whatever reason, would decide that being Involved with the band no longer suits him, Im sure you will be one of the first to bash him for somehow betraying Axl.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It is funny how people find the DJ Ashba hate funny, but we dare not say anything remotely negative about Bumblefoot?

If Ashba was acting like Bumblefoot has done now, I can only imagine the bashing he would get. I don't really care about Ashba myself, but he get far too much unwarranted criticism on the forum, without more than a handful of people reacting, but if a bad word is said about BBF, he'll have people attacking the "haters" right away.

It is funny how people find the DJ Ashba hate funny, but we dare not say anything remotely negative about Bumblefoot?

If Ashba was acting like Bumblefoot has done now, I can only imagine the bashing he would get. I don't really care about Ashba myself, but he get far too much unwarranted criticism on the forum, without more than a handful of people reacting, but if a bad word is said about BBF, he'll have people attacking the "haters" right away.

I don't really think of ashba as a real person though, more like some kind of cartoon clownish character. It makes it easier to insult it without considering its feelings.

Edited by spunko12345

I don't really think of ashba as a real person though, more like some kind of cartoon clownish character. It makes it easier to insult it without considering its feelings.

inb4 comparison to the Nazis

Edited by Flayer

Guest Gunns

Dj ashba didn't have a car accident which left him with long term injuries

Edited by Gunns

Dj ashba didn't have a car accident which left him with long term injuries

Really??? Then what the fuck DID cause that face to look that way?