The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

It would be alright if it went anywhere at all, but it fizzes out in the middle and goes nowhere. That's the worst type of song, especially if the song in question is a fucking James Bond theme :lol:

Plus the lyrics are pretty bad.

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

I feel like that's a rehashed version of the interview he did literally right after filming. I can't be bothered to look it up on mobile right now but I'm talking the one where he initially said at this moment in time he wants to move on. It seems to be very similar quotes if not placed a bit out of context.

• Like 1

His advice to the next Bond is "don't be shit" :lol:

I'm telling you, DC is bi-polar when it comes to whether or not he's gonna play Bond again. I sincerely hope they get him back for one more, but that interview seems like his strongest statement yet on the matter. Maybe once we get closer to the release date we'll see more interviews where he clears it up once and for all. Regardless, I bet we'll have to wait until (at least) 2018 for the next movie :(

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/daniel-craig-james-bond-25-1201612654/

I thought he still wanted to do another one? Wish he can make up his damn mind.

I think it is the same interview but there might be something new,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3264241/I-d-slash-wrists-Daniel-Craig-says-t-imagine-playing-James-Bond-does-money.html

He is a bit schizophrenic whenever this topic comes up.

4 movies is the "Pierce Brosnan bullshit territory" amount. He needs to do one more at the very least.

For all the grief Brosnan gets, I still firmly believe GoldenEye is one of the best Bond films. Trevlyn might also be the best Bond villian of all-time, or at least top 5.

I'd but the film in my top 10 (Though near the bottom of that), and Trevelyan in my top 5 villains.

They interviewed him after he just got done filming a very physically draining movie. If run the Boston Marathon (sans bombs, too soon?) and you ask me at the finish line, "would I run again?" I'd tell you to go fhck yourself.

Precisely. The man is drained and doesn't even want to think of Bond. He puts everything into the role both physically and creatively. It's like Sam Mendes saying he won't do another. I'm sure Craig is also tired of answering the same old "when's the next one, who's playing Bond, etc..." types of questions.

4 movies is the "Pierce Brosnan bullshit territory" amount. He needs to do one more at the very least.

For all the grief Brosnan gets, I still firmly believe GoldenEye is one of the best Bond films. Trevlyn might also be the best Bond villian of all-time, or at least top 5.

Agreed with both of those (though I'm with P5 about GoldenEye being at the bottom of the top 10). However, Brosnan was also in the worst Bond movie and two below-average movies as well. Not entirely his fault, obviously, but his portrayal wasn't the greatest either.

Not fond of the UK media suggesting the next James Bond has to be black or suggesting Dr. Who should be a female every time they replace the main actor.

No one ever suggests a white man to play Shaft or an Asian man to play the Queen.

Obviously of course anyone who suggests consistency is a racist according to the internet and the media.

Edited by AtariLegend

So with Craig gone, do they plan on continuing the clearly linear storyline that they've had going on in the Craig series? Will they just ignore the fact that Bond is suddenly a black pansexual transgender and act like nothing has changed?

Not fond of the UK media suggesting the next James Bond has to be black or suggesting Dr. Who should be a female every time they replace the main actor.

No one ever suggests a white man to play Shaft or an Asian man to play the Queen.

Obviously of course anyone who suggests consistency is a racist according to the internet and the media.

Yep. I've got nothing against minorities and whatnot in the media, but they should be creating new characters of those demographics rather than changing all of the already established ones. Ian Fleming had a very clear depiction of Bond's race and physical attributes.

Edited by bacardimayne