The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

The wife is a huge James Bond fan so we wne to see it last night. She loved it and i thought is was entertaining but would not have picked it if it had been my choice.

One thing I did enjoy was the Theater had reclining seats an extra large screen and ATMOS sound system with a ton of speakers so it was an amazing experience. Will have to go see the New Star Wars in that theater.

So at the end of the movie Craig seems like he retires to be with the young chippie. My wife said this will be his last Bond movie so any rumours who might replace him?

The wife is a huge James Bond fan so we wne to see it last night. She loved it and i thought is was entertaining but would not have picked it if it had been my choice.

One thing I did enjoy was the Theater had reclining seats an extra large screen and ATMOS sound system with a ton of speakers so it was an amazing experience. Will have to go see the New Star Wars in that theater.

So at the end of the movie Craig seems like he retires to be with the young chippie. My wife said this will be his last Bond movie so any rumours who might replace him?

Craig has confirmed that he will return. "I'm not done yet" were his words. In a few interviews he's also retracted his previous comments about being tired with the role saying that he was fatigued two days after filming had finished and just needs a few months of a break before they start planning the next film.

Rumours include the likes of Tom Hardy and Idris Elba but I wouldn't put too much faith in rumours. EON always surprises us, and we're still quite a few years from an announcement of the sort.

Seriously, does anyone know where to find the full script that leaked? It's out there I know, I just can't seem to find it.

I'm wondering this too. I've seen the "review" of it by Gawker, but I'd like to get a more comprehensive look at it to see how shitty this movie could've been.

Edit: Also I forgot to add - really enjoyed Newman's score. I've been listening to it on Spotify and it's similar (in quality) to Skyfall.

Edited by Crazyman

Seriously, does anyone know where to find the full script that leaked? It's out there I know, I just can't seem to find it.

I'm wondering this too. I've seen the "review" of it by Gawker, but I'd like to get a more comprehensive look at it to see how shitty this movie could've been.

Edit: Also I forgot to add - really enjoyed Newman's score. I've been listening to it on Spotify and it's similar (in quality) to Skyfall.

There's a thread on the Bond subreddit from when the teaser dropped where someone pointed out that every single line of dialogue was verbatim as it was in the leaked script, with screenshots to prove it. I think I'll try to contact the OP there and see if he's still got the script. I found some of the leaked emails, but no full script. I've spent the better part of today trying to find it :lol:

Just watched LOVED it. Man, how the hell are people babbling about it? Sure, it's not such an involving story as Skyfall but fuck - this is on AWESOME. It's got everything:

- Retro references EVERYWHERE;

- Awesome, beautiful scenery;

- The perfect balance between a down-to-earth Bond movie and an old-school gadget-Bond movie;

- Fucking illuminati reference.

8/10. fuck it.

My criticism, though:

1- Meh Bond theme on this one. Better than the Quantum theme, though.

2- They never said what was the ultimate plan behind it all, did they?

3- It could have ended like OHMSS, couldn't it? Well, I guess maybe they wanted to start off the next movie like that. And give people a break after Vesper.

• Like 1

Apparently there were complaints that they showed a softer side of Bond? He has killed a lot more people in this movie than others. I think in Skyfall he wasted like 25 people, in SPECTRE it has to be more.

Speaking of Skyfall, now these films are all connected, it seems Craig's Bond has found some mojo. Remember how he failed his tests? He is on top of his game again. Looking 10 years younger. He HAS to do one more. At least do Connery proud.

There's a thread on the Bond subreddit from when the teaser dropped where someone pointed out that every single line of dialogue was verbatim as it was in the leaked script, with screenshots to prove it. I think I'll try to contact the OP there and see if he's still got the script. I found some of the leaked emails, but no full script. I've spent the better part of today trying to find it :lol:

Wait, really?! All that hubbub about how they needed to change stuff and they kept it verbatim?! :lol:

''Butthurt Brosnan fans'' haha. Do they exist, sprouting things like ''Die Another Day wos underrated''?

"The CGI wasn't that bad!!!1!"

#itreallywasthatbad

• Like 1

Apparently there were complaints that they showed a softer side of Bond? He has killed a lot more people in this movie than others. I think in Skyfall he wasted like 25 people, in SPECTRE it has to be more.

Speaking of Skyfall, now these films are all connected, it seems Craig's Bond has found some mojo. Remember how he failed his tests? He is on top of his game again. Looking 10 years younger. He HAS to do one more. At least do Connery proud.

I don't feel like Bond was soft in this, other than walking away for Swann at the end. I thought Bond was as brutal as Craig has ever been, plus they kept mentioning how he was an assassin, huge shift in tone to how his job is usually described.

''Butthurt Brosnan fans'' haha. Do they exist, sprouting things like ''Die Another Day wos underrated''?

Unfortunately, yes.

Wait, really?! All that hubbub about how they needed to change stuff and they kept it verbatim?! :lol:

#itreallywasthatbad

I'm sure the third act did change considerably, but all of the dialogue in the first teaser was lifted word-for-word from the script, and in the same context.

Oh yeah, they defend that too. Die Another Day almost ruined the franchise. They get so hurt by that comment.

To be fair Goldeneye basically saved the franchise, but I don't get how anyone can actually defense that piece of shit DAD. I wasn't a big fan of Spectre's third act, but it blew the fucking shit out of DAD's...

I don't feel like Bond was soft in this, other than walking away for Swann at the end. I thought Bond was as brutal as Craig has ever been, plus they kept mentioning how he was an assassin, huge shift in tone to how his job is usually described.

Unfortunately, yes.

#itreallywasthatbad

I'm sure the third act did change considerably, but all of the dialogue in the first teaser was lifted word-for-word from the script, and in the same context.

That makes sense. I'm interested in seeing how much the third act actually changed from the original. It's weird they spent that long without even addressing it...they were shooting the movie and still doing rewrites!

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, they defend that too. Die Another Day almost ruined the franchise. They get so hurt by that comment.

To be fair Goldeneye basically saved the franchise, but I don't get how anyone can actually defense that piece of shit DAD. I wasn't a big fan of Spectre's third act, but it blew the fucking shit out of DAD's...

I'd rather watch The Room than Die Another Day...

Here's a list of every reference or homage in SPECTRE - I knew there were a lot, but there's plenty I didn't catch:

http://www.thebondbulletin.com/the-bond-references-in-spectre

The ironic thing is, Die Another Day was a massive hit just as every Bond film has been a massive hit. The closest thing to a flop this series has is Licence to Kill and that is because they blew a load of money on changing the 'Licence Revoked' franchise and because of the adult certification. If you are saying ''Die Another Day killed the franchise'', you have to do so only on critical merit. Moonraker, Die ANotehr Day, Diamonds Are Forever: people love their shitty Bonds.

Here's a list of every reference or homage in SPECTRE - I knew there were a lot, but there's plenty I didn't catch:

That's a great list there and includes the couple I mentioned previously. There's plenty that I didn't catch but I do feel like some are a bit of a stretch. How is Bond telling a security guard to "stay" a direct homage to Bond telling the tiger in Octopussy to sit? I did catch many of the Dr. No references though. I seriously can't wait to watch this movie again.

The ironic thing is, Die Another Day was a massive hit just as every Bond film has been a massive hit. The closest thing to a flop this series has is Licence to Kill and that is because they blew a load of money on changing the 'Licence Revoked' franchise and because of the adult certification. If you are saying ''Die Another Day killed the franchise'', you have to do so only on critical merit. Moonraker, Die ANotehr Day, Diamonds Are Forever: people love their shitty Bonds.

Only good to come out of Die Another Day is that it lead to Cubby's kids that the series needed a new direction.

Only good to come out of Die Another Day is that it lead to Cubby's kids that the series needed a new direction.

I think they intended on doing that when they reacquired the rights for CR in 99(?), but Brosnan had an option for a 4th movie.

Maybe they made DAD intentionally bloated (and shitty) just so they had an excuse to reboot like they wanted?

Just kidding...maybe.

That's a great list there and includes the couple I mentioned previously. There's plenty that I didn't catch but I do feel like some are a bit of a stretch. How is Bond telling a security guard to "stay" a direct homage to Bond telling the tiger in Octopussy to sit? I did catch many of the Dr. No references though. I seriously can't wait to watch this movie again.

Hard to separate the real references to the ones people seem to have made up. Is Blofeld setting the timer to 3 minutes really a "reference" to Trevelyan in Goldeneye, or just a coincidence?

Hard to separate the real references to the ones people seem to have made up. Is Blofeld setting the timer to 3 minutes really a "reference" to Trevelyan in Goldeneye, or just a coincidence?

Indeed. Some of them are only one step away from "he says Bond, James Bond in this movie, just like he does in every other movie."