Your 1 GN'R Wish

Cuddy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My #1 wish is that Axl stops calling this "band" Guns N' Roses.

Fascinating. Why? How does that affect you?

Maybe because hes a fan and its not Guns N' Roses. Hasn't been since October 1996.

But of all the things he could want from the band -- like a record he would really, really, really like -- it is a weird wish unless he is somehow emotionally or physically affected by the fact that the band is called "Guns N' Roses". It just doesn't make sense that people would be so opposed to something as trivial as what the band is called. It's not like the fact that the band is called "Guns N' Roses" in any way diminish the accomplishments of previous lineups.

It's a tie between Fink, bucket, or izzy coming back and replacing dj, or axl getting rid of the stupid hats and customs and going back to the 2009 shacklers revenge in osaka look.

Haha, I love that! Out of all the things the fans want your choice is for Axl to change how he looks on stage. Brilliant :D

If axl looks less stupid, people wont be as embarrassed to be a fan of a band fronted by a 50 year old maniac, thus raising the popularity of gnr, thus creating demand for an album, thus making axl feel like more than 2 forums worth of people want an album.

He doesn't look stupid. That's subjective, an opinion.

In the eyes of the general public, he looks pretty strange and creepy.

I've been to 7 shows since the 'new' line-ups, I've interacted with a lot of people that belong to the 'general public' but I've never heard that Axl looks strange and creepy.

It's a tie between Fink, bucket, or izzy coming back and replacing dj, or axl getting rid of the stupid hats and customs and going back to the 2009 shacklers revenge in osaka look.

Haha, I love that! Out of all the things the fans want your choice is for Axl to change how he looks on stage. Brilliant :D

If axl looks less stupid, people wont be as embarrassed to be a fan of a band fronted by a 50 year old maniac, thus raising the popularity of gnr, thus creating demand for an album, thus making axl feel like more than 2 forums worth of people want an album.

He doesn't look stupid. That's subjective, an opinion.

Well duh, did you think it was a fact?

No.

Maybe because hes a fan and its not Guns N' Roses. Hasn't been since October 1996.

But of all the things he could want from the band -- like a record he would really, really, really like -- it is a weird wish unless he is somehow emotionally or physically affected by the fact that the band is called "Guns N' Roses". It just doesn't make sense that people would be so opposed to something as trivial as what the band is called. It's not like the fact that the band is called "Guns N' Roses" in any way diminish the accomplishments of previous lineups.

No.it doesn't diminish the achievements of the real Guns, but it diminishes the potential and possible achievements of this lineup. Forced to play other peoples tunes when they're essentially a new band. Yeah cool story bro.

No.it doesn't diminish the achievements of the real Guns, but it diminishes the potential and possible achievements of this lineup. Forced to play other peoples tunes when they're essentially a new band. Yeah cool story bro.

So when people complain about the band being "Guns N' Roses" is it only out of concern for the band members who then has to play so much old material and won't get to shine themselves with their own material? :o How noble.

Haha :).

Axl + Slash reunion. They could do an acoustic set and be the best damn show in the world.

That, or at least an Axl/Izzy reunion. Axl/Izzy/Slash acoustic plus Axl on piano would also be great.

Id also like the release of a new single.

It´s a little bit off topic maybe, but i think CD should have been released in the form of various singles over the years. I like at least half of the songs and you could put some weird stuff on the B - Sides (Silkworms, Catcher w/Brian May on Guitar, live footage, the Song chinese democraxy without the Intro, etc...)

It´s a little bit off topic maybe, but i think CD should have been released in the form of various singles over the years. I like at least half of the songs and you could put some weird stuff on the B - Sides (Silkworms, Catcher w/Brian May on Guitar, live footage, the Song chinese democraxy without the Intro, etc...)

Interesting idea, I like it.

Ceasefire between Axl and Slash. Not a reunion but an Axl feature on Slash's new album and maybe otherwise as well, if Axl puts out something again.

If no reunion then why would you (or me or anyone) care if they have a "ceasefire" or whatever?

Edited by Snowmass

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

First choice would be a reunion.

Heart: Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven/Matt announce a reunion. They would tour the world as they promote the release of their new album.

Head: :lol: They can't work together like that again. Too much has changed. They have to stay sober and they won't put up with Axl's internal clock. Who would?

Next choice is the return of Buckethead.

Heart: Buckethead returns and they band release a new album.

Head: Not a chance :(

Times are tough around here . We all know there is plenty of stuff out there that could keep us occupied till at least something exciting happens. So if you were to log on tomorrow what would be something that would make you an excited GN'R fan and make up for the torture that we are going through now? Fire away.

the REAL red panda album cover, i already love the title, now i need artwork to stare at for at least 8 months before any music is actually released

• 2 weeks later...

The rest of the Chinese Democracy recordings without too much change by Bumblefoot, Frank and Ashba. I don't mind them putting on finishing touches but I don't want to hear Buckethead's best work replaced by Bumblefoot no matter how much I like him as a guitarist.