Would leaks make you happy?

Cuddy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Not good enough. I don't want the experience of listening to a new Guns album ruined.

I would be happy if Axl would release the remaining 18 songs from the Chinese Democracy sessions on one album.

Simple solution: don't download them.

It's not like anyone here wouldn't buy the eventual album when it comes out.

I find it funny how people disparage leaks because it might negatively affect a future album release. First, who's to say that an album is ever going to be released. There's no guarantee on that.

Second, GNR seems to be the only band in the world where a leak, or threat of a leak, causes things to slow down. For almost every other artist/label, a leak means bumping up an album's release date to negate the chilling effect on sales.

Third, if you look at other artists, particularly Dr. Dre, releasing a song here and there helps increase and sustain public interest. If an album isn't ready now, why not release one song to let people know that things are coming? Radiohead is known for this as well and it has no effect on their ability to release material either through their own independent vehicles or through the label system.

No. Not good enough. I don't want the experience of listening to a new Guns album ruined.

I would be happy if Axl would release the remaining 18 songs from the Chinese Democracy sessions on one album.

Simple solution: don't download them.

It's not like anyone here wouldn't buy the eventual album when it comes out.

I find it funny how people disparage leaks because it might negatively affect a future album release. First, who's to say that an album is ever going to be released. There's no guarantee on that.

Second, GNR seems to be the only band in the world where a leak, or threat of a leak, causes things to slow down. For almost every other artist/label, a leak means bumping up an album's release date to negate the chilling effect on sales.

Third, if you look at other artists, particularly Dr. Dre, releasing a song here and there helps increase and sustain public interest. If an album isn't ready now, why not release one song to let people know that things are coming? Radiohead is known for this as well and it has no effect on their ability to release material either through their own independent vehicles or through the label system.

First, I was only replying to the question this thread presented to me. I'm not suggesting anything to the rest of the forum, nor I'm against or for leaks. I don't really care if others listen or not. I did listen to all the leaks and bought the album anyway.

Second, I believe another album is going to be released because Axl said he views Chinese Democracy as a double.

I don't think he'll want to just put half of it out there, so at least eventually, I believe it will come out.

Third, sadly Gn'R is not really comparable to other artists when it comes to releasing anything, so looking at how other artists like Dre or Radiohead release albums or view leaks is not really relevant when you're a Guns fan.

Yea until Axl can prove he can release an album more than every 10 years I welcome any and all leaks.... I'll also always buy the actual cd when/if it comes out

Great post. The leak you hear today might be the only new music you hear from GnR for the next decade.

I'll never understand why GnR is soooo secretive with their music. Some bands actually enjoy sharing new stuff with their fans! Even before an album is released!!!!!!

It's rock and roll music - not a cure for cancer or military secrets that hold the fate of the world in their message.

Oh no - we've heard 30 seconds of Checkmate (or whatever the real title is)......does that mean nobody is gonna buy the next album?

The only reason that a leaked song would hurt a band is if the song sucked. If a leak is awesome, then people will be excited to hear the rest of the songs and will want to buy the album.

Speaking of Checkmate (or whatever the real title is.....Jackie Chan seems like Axl was making a joke, but people took it seriously) that is the one leak I'd love to hear the most.

Of all the songs on CD, Checkmate seems like the most old school GnR rocker type of song. The nighttrain or rocketqueen type sound. Yes, we don't know what the other 4 minutes of the song sounds like. But from the clip we've heard, that is the feeling I got from it.

So yes. I'd love to hear leaks.

I'd love to hear officially released songs or an album more. I'd pay $100 today to hear 5 new songs. I can't even imagine the joy of hearing 16 new songs.....or a double album.......or a box set!

So you condone theft?

Nice 2 know.

See, if we aren't getting another GN'R album ever again, than yes any leak would be satisfying. But, if they do intend to release a new album, than instead of full song leaks, I hope we could atleast get previews of new songs, or atleast demo's. Something to keep us waiting.

The difference between now and before Chinese Democracy was released was the mystic around the album, and the leaks that allowed the fans to hold off until the album was released. Imagine if say, Soul Monster was leaked, the full song. Sure, I would want more, but atleast I'm sure there's more to come.

There was also the fact that they played 1/3 of Chinese Democracy every night, so the fans were guaranteed something new eventually. Now nothing's clear, nothing's promised, there's nothing in the horizon that we know about. Now, instead of waiting for a new album, or a new leak, many of us are just hoping they play something new at a concert. We have no news of a new album, no hints at a new album, not even leaks or demo's of new songs. All we do now is wait and hope that eventually we can hear new music.

If leaks are the only way we could hear new music from Guns N' Roses, than by all means I would love to have them.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Yea until Axl can prove he can release an album more than every 10 years I welcome any and all leaks.... I'll also always buy the actual cd when/if it comes out

Great post. The leak you hear today might be the only new music you hear from GnR for the next decade.

I'll never understand why GnR is soooo secretive with their music. Some bands actually enjoy sharing new stuff with their fans! Even before an album is released!!!!!!

It's rock and roll music - not a cure for cancer or military secrets that hold the fate of the world in their message.

Oh no - we've heard 30 seconds of Checkmate (or whatever the real title is)......does that mean nobody is gonna buy the next album?

The only reason that a leaked song would hurt a band is if the song sucked. If a leak is awesome, then people will be excited to hear the rest of the songs and will want to buy the album.

Speaking of Checkmate (or whatever the real title is.....Jackie Chan seems like Axl was making a joke, but people took it seriously) that is the one leak I'd love to hear the most.

Of all the songs on CD, Checkmate seems like the most old school GnR rocker type of song. The nighttrain or rocketqueen type sound. Yes, we don't know what the other 4 minutes of the song sounds like. But from the clip we've heard, that is the feeling I got from it.

So yes. I'd love to hear leaks.

I'd love to hear officially released songs or an album more. I'd pay $100 today to hear 5 new songs. I can't even imagine the joy of hearing 16 new songs.....or a double album.......or a box set!

I agree.

I don't see any negativity with releasing songs to their fans. Hell, even release one song and many of us will be thirsty for more. There's iTunes, Youtube, even their official website. There are many ways to get songs out now, releasing a album by physical copy isn't that big of a deal anymore.

And I do agree with your last sentence as well. I would easily drop $50 to hear even 3 new GN'R songs. Just the mystic of it would interest me enough.

Besides, Axl isn't getting any younger. If he does intend to release new music I can't see him doing it well into his 50's. I think a box-set of everything they have recorded over the last decade and a half would be a very good idea. Just get everything out there, whether it's finished, a demo, or even a instrumental. It will be very good for the die-hard fans like us who want to hear new music. Than Axl can either record a brand new album with the new band, or continue playing the "casual's fan" tour.

See, if we aren't getting another GN'R album ever again, than yes any leak would be satisfying. But, if they do intend to release a new album, than instead of full song leaks, I hope we could atleast get previews of new songs, or atleast demo's. Something to keep us waiting.

The difference between now and before Chinese Democracy was released was the mystic around the album, and the leaks that allowed the fans to hold off until the album was released. Imagine if say, Soul Monster was leaked, the full song. Sure, I would want more, but atleast I'm sure there's more to come.

There was also the fact that they played 1/3 of Chinese Democracy every night, so the fans were guaranteed something new eventually. Now nothing's clear, nothing's promised, there's nothing in the horizon that we know about. Now, instead of waiting for a new album, or a new leak, many of us are just hoping they play something new at a concert. We have no news of a new album, no hints at a new album, not even leaks or demo's of new songs. All we do now is wait and hope that eventually we can hear new music.

If leaks are the only way we could hear new music from Guns N' Roses, than by all means I would love to have them.

I can understand how people get frustrated waiting,and wanting something new and unheard but to wish for something illegal to occur crosses a line.

Would you want someone stealing from you because you had something they desired?

Wanting and needing are two very different things,find something to occupy your mind-and time.

Leaks and teasers are not the same thing.

I can understand how people get frustrated waiting,and wanting something new and unheard but to wish for something illegal to occur crosses a line.

Would you want someone stealing from you because you had something they desired?

Wanting and needing are two very different things,find something to occupy your mind-and time.

Leaks and teasers are not the same thing.

If you read my first and last sentence's you would understands my stance on leaks.

If we are never going to have another album from my favorite band and favorite lead singer, and the only way we could hear any new music (even a demo of a new song) than I would take the leaks. If they do intend on releasing a new album, than I wouldn't want the leaks, because it would ruin the mystic of the new album.