BOARD UPGRADE 3.1.3 -> 3.3.4

highvoltage

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Even though it's pictures of fake GNR, I must say that the new banner is a lot better than the old one. You should make a new one in the same style, but with real GNR.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a photo on 'My Profile' but its gone now. I don't really want it as my avatar, but kind of liked having it on my profile page for those wondering if I'm a real redhead. :lol: Any chance of having that feature back?

Nope. Apparently Invision removed it because "having avatars and personal photos confused some people because they almost did the same thing".

A lot of people are unhappy about it. I mean, I don't really care either way and I'm sure it won't bother most people here.... but yeah, it's likely they're gone for good.

For those wondering about their now frozen .gifs, you can use a moving gif as a personal photo (you'll just need to reupload it)... it won't move when it's displayed next to a post, but if people click on your profile it will. This is a software limitation, if I see a mod to change it, I'll use it.

The users are starting a riot in my inbox regarding gifs avatars! Fix it! :)

I don't want to criticise anything because I think you guys have done a great job but I find the red text in Attitude really hard to read.

No, need to feel critical, I've been meaning to change it. We'd wanted a red variant but apparently it didn't work, so the skinner went with that kind of pink...

I changed a couple things, any better?

Even though it's pictures of fake GNR, I must say that the new banner is a lot better than the old one. You should make a new one in the same style, but with real GNR.

Agreed.

I think it should have all incarnations of the band in the banner. It's big enough for it.

Also, I agree that Attitude is unreadable. Please fix that.

Edited by bacardimayne

I don't want to criticise anything because I think you guys have done a great job but I find the red text in Attitude really hard to read.

No, need to feel critical, I've been meaning to change it. We'd wanted a red variant but apparently it didn't work, so the skinner went with that kind of pink...

A little bit, but I find graphically anything other than white or yellow against a dark background difficult. In everything else though an AWESOME job!

I think it should have all incarnations of the band in the banner. It's big enough for it.

I do like that idea, but it opens up to too many people asking for Bucket, Robin, Gilby, etc etc...

Someone is redesigning the banner and some graphics at the moment, it's just a temporary one. My original intention was to have different banners for the other subforums (maybe even an "all-music" one for MY WORLD based off the top 500 songs/artist threads?), would like to open up some user competitions or have a crack myself at a few as well. I have lots of little unimportant ideas like this... :lol:

A little bit, but I find graphically anything other than white or yellow against a dark background difficult. In everything else though an AWESOME job!

Appreciate the feedback. I hadn't planned on settling on the current colours (they're not legible enough) - but I'd still like to make Attitude "red" somehow. Maybe white text for the links and red when they're highlighted + red something else (red overlay on the banner)? If anyone has any ideas, let me know... I'm a bit graphically challenged when it comes to choosing colour schemes.

Agreed. Only white or yellow would work, imo.

Agreed.

Could work but with real and best Gn'R on the front.

And yes, fix the Attitude section please!

I do like that idea, but it opens up to too many people asking for Bucket, Robin, Gilby, etc etc...

Someone is redesigning the banner and some graphics at the moment, it's just a temporary one. My original intention was to have different banners for the other subforums (maybe even an "all-music" one for MY WORLD based off the top 500 songs/artist threads?), would like to open up some user competitions or have a crack myself at a few as well. I have lots of little unimportant ideas like this... :lol:

Appreciate the feedback. I hadn't planned on settling on the current colours (they're not legible enough) - but I'd still like to make Attitude "red" somehow. Maybe white text for the links and red when they're highlighted + red something else (red overlay on the banner)? If anyone has any ideas, let me know... I'm a bit graphically challenged when it comes to choosing colour schemes.

The red banner is a good idea. Leave the threads in the normal colours but make the light grey bar at the top, where the ATTITUDE title is, in bright red. That will make a statement whenever the section is opened. Kind of like a red traffic light. Leave the ATTITUDE title in white with the red bar behind it and it will still be easy to read, but you'll still get the 'red alert' effect. Red is best used in block form I think. Small things like letters are really hard to read in red, blue, green, etc. I'm not a graphic designer (my partner used to be an art director so I picked up a bit), but if anyone else here is they might have a better idea.

Agreed.

Could work but with real and best Gn'R on the front.

And yes, fix the Attitude section please!

I was thinking a GNR logo in the middle with old GNR on one side and current GNR on the other. That way everyone's happy.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm not really sure how to explain this, but some sort of feature the old version had was that if you pressed space twice between two words, it automatically changed it to one on the board. Maybe that could be done here as well? I hate when there's a bigger space between two words than it should be.

Like this.

It's probably been mentioned, but the only problem I've found with the forum re-skin is the lack of the sub-section jump bar (yeah...) at the bottom of threads. I'm so used to that thing that browsing the forum without it is driving me nuts.

Click this icon at the top right: icon_quicknav.png

I might be able to add it to the bottom too.

Sorry if this has been answered, but I've tried searching for this and have had no luck. The little slideshow icon has been replaced by the "My Media" icon and I have no idea how to use this function to post youtube clips. Some have said to just post the link, but it only displays the link and not the video. If someone could illustrate to me how we go about posting youtube clips with this new system I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Go to what Youtube video you want to post and click share and then check in long link and copy that and post and it should work. At least it does for me.

Sorry if this has been answered, but I've tried searching for this and have had no luck. The little slideshow icon has been replaced by the "My Media" icon and I have no idea how to use this function to post youtube clips. Some have said to just post the link, but it only displays the link and not the video. If someone could illustrate to me how we go about posting youtube clips with this new system I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!

Paste a link to the youtube video you're referring to.

If I paste this code with nothing else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9WeBYr30kc

I get this:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The thing beside the topics that indicates if there's new posts in the thread since last time you read them doesn't work any more. Not for me anyway. It worked earlier today, but now it doesn't work at all and I come to the first post in the thread if I click on it.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to work now.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt