Vegas Setlist(s) General Discussion Thread

Stro

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coma and Locomotive are too Slash for the new band. I'm sure the band would do a good job, but I honestly see those tracks as slash signatures.

I'd go for Dust N' Bones, Yesterdays and through in the alt version of Don't Cry, because there's a beast of a lyric in there that should have been in the original that sounds amazing on the album.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I can't think of any song I want to hear with the current band or voice. I'd love to hear the real band and Axl with a decent voice sing Double Talkin' Jive and Bad Obsession though. But it would be awful with the voice he's got now.

Locomotive or Oh My God

I can't think of any song I want to hear with the current band or voice. I'd love to hear the real band and Axl with a decent voice sing Double Talkin' Jive and Bad Obsession though. But it would be awful with the voice he's got now.

This is true as well. I wouldn't want to hear current Axl butchering Locomotive.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

If we pretend that Axl would actually be able to sing properly again, I'd try to get him to sing four songs. Double Talkin' Jive, Bad Obsession, Dead Horse and Pretty Tied Up.

Coma and Locomotive are too Slash for the new band. I'm sure the band would do a good job, but I honestly see those tracks as slash signatures.

True, although I consider them about as much Slash signatures as Estranged is. I truly never pictured Axl would play that one without Slash on guitar. Similar to Coma, Axl had a vision, and Slash was able to complete that. Locomotive very well could just be a Slash song, I have no idea. But that we got Estranged, I wouldn't truly count anything out. Probably Coma out because thats just a bitch to sing even back then, but Locomotive seems at least a tad plausible.

My picks:

-Dead Horse (even though he'd never be able to sing it; barely could back then)

-Bad Obsession

-Get In The Ring

-Coma

Yeah, but it's one of the few songs where you could actually justify the presence of 3 guitars. Just think of how chunky it would sound.

totally good point. One of the few songs in the catalog where that 3 guitars is usefull

Edited by Crash Diet

Does anybody else think it's time to add some Zeppelin covers to the setlist? It'd be a nice gesture for Axl to promote Celebration Day a little, and his current voice is probably more suitable for Zep tunes than GNR ones even. Whole Lotta Love and When the Levee Breaks would be my first two picks.

Edited by Randy Lahey