BUMBLEFOOT Says Waiting For A New GUNS N' ROSES Album To Get Done Is 'Just Too Much' - Feb. 7, 2013

bumblecool

Another day, another saga detailing how BBF hates being in NuGNR :rofl-lol:

It's only a matter of time BBF. You are only prolonging the inevitable. :)

God this "band" is a joke.

According to MSL:

"The HOF wouldn't even let the current members in the building. That was a big sticking point. GNR was not pushing for them to be inducted, but did want them there."

If that's true, fuck them.

What business would NuGNR have being in the building? They have done nothing and nobody cares about the guys that cover SCOM everynight for a paycheque.

What business did Myles Kennedy have being in the building?

Furthermore, it doesn't say they were barred from performing or being "represented as Guns N' Roses", it says they were barred from ENTERING. So you're telling me it's fair that Axl's bandmates can't even attend the fucking ceremony? Horseshit.

Myles was only there to enable the guys to play. Whatever you think of his singing, the guy could not have been more respectful and professional in a difficult situation. If Axl (AKA Big baby) showed up, Myles wouldn't have even been in the building. It's that simple.

Axl wanted his yes men there at the very least to acknowledge them. They don't deserve a thing. They are completely irrelevant and there attendance at the HOF would have been laughable and they just would have been mocked (even more than they are now).

They did the right thing by staying away from an event that had NOTHING to do with them and everything to do with Guns N' Roses.........(the real one) :rofl-lol:

This.

According to MSL:

"The HOF wouldn't even let the current members in the building. That was a big sticking point. GNR was not pushing for them to be inducted, but did want them there."

What business would NuGNR have being in the building? They have done nothing and nobody cares about the guys that cover SCOM everynight for a paycheque.

Furthermore, it doesn't say they were barred from performing or being "represented as Guns N' Roses", it says they were barred from ENTERING. So you're telling me it's fair that Axl's bandmates can't even attend the fucking ceremony? Horseshit.

Myles was only there to enable the guys to play. Whatever you think of his singing, the guy could not have been more respectful and professional in a difficult situation. If Axl (AKA Big baby) showed up, Myles wouldn't have even been in the building. It's that simple.

Axl wanted his yes men there at the very least to acknowledge them. They don't deserve a thing. They are completely irrelevant and there attendance at the HOF would have been laughable and they just would have been mocked (even more than they are now).

They did the right thing by staying away from an event that had NOTHING to do with them and everything to do with Guns N' Roses.........(the real one) :rofl-lol:

This.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to MSL:

I have to agree with this.

But were not sure the real story behind this, maybe the HOF was being too restrictive or maybe Axl was more demanding than he should have, sad that a compromise cant be done. In the end though, I think everyone knows thats for the classic GNR lineup, and got nothing to do with NuGNR.

I still can't believe how candidly Bumblefoot spoke about what's really going on with Axl's band which is pretty much nothing.

I can't really blame Axl, he's having fun touring the world and making a lot of money on the Gn'R lagacy name - who would in its perfect sense refuse that?

New music is not relevant for the fans (90% are old real Gn'R fans) or industry for that matter. After the CD fiasco why should the record company or Axl bother with that anyways?

i doubt the nuband would even really want to go. despite axl and dizzy's eagerness to pronounce each new line-up the REAL gnr, i don't think guys like BBF, Tommy or Pitman want to self-identify as GNR in the same way that super fans on the forum do. i don't think they have the same old band / new band issues that forum folks do. aside from possibly losing a job, i'll bet the nu guys would probably like to see the real guys reunite at some point.

Good post.

i doubt the nuband would even really want to go. despite axl and dizzy's eagerness to pronounce each new line-up the REAL gnr, i don't think guys like BBF, Tommy or Pitman want to self-identify as GNR in the same way that super fans on the forum do. i don't think they have the same old band / new band issues that forum folks do. aside from possibly losing a job, i'll bet the nu guys would probably like to see the real guys reunite at some point.

Candid interview from Bumblefoot.

Must be frustrating doing musical kareoke for 7 years...

LA

It really must be frustrating for him and Ashba, two guys who seem to enjoy creating music.

We all have such passionate emotions about Axl and the old/new band that sometimes I think we fail to take things in comparison.

In another thread some clown actually said that GnR has enough back catalog material to tour forever without releasing new music. The classic bands/artists like the Stones, Neil Young, Bowie.....those guys put out a massive amount of music. It's hard to even put a number to the albums Bowie has put out. 25 studio albums, 9 live albums and a ton of compliation albums......and 108 singles. Rollings Stones - 29 studio albums. Neil Young - over 40 albums. Aerosmith 14 studio albums, 5 live albums, 10 compilations. And bands like Bon Jovi and Metallica....their back catalog absolutely dwarfs GnR's output.

Then we have GnR with Appetite, Lies, Illusions, SI, GH and CD.

Why is it so hard for Axl to do what is so easy for so many other bands?

Why doesn't Beta and family strive for the band to create new music to carry on the GnR name?

Good post.

The current line up has yet to release any new music recorded together. At present they represent a tribute band to past glory. Until they do create new material, and the material sets the world on fire, they won't be entering any HOF anytime soon.

Edited by vaida

Thal: "Honestly, we tried to work it out with the Hall Of Fame to come up with something but they had it in their mind that it was their way or no way. So they wouldn't budge and they were just trying to force a situation that wasn't good for everybody. We wanted it to be good for everybody. So…

Translation: Axl wanted NuGNR to be inducted and/or perform at the ceremony either alongside or in place of the AFD-UYI GN'R. The Hall of Fame people said no, then Axl refused to come and released his press release/tirade slamming the HoF and demanding not to be inducted at all.

Axl forgot one thing, Axl doesn't run the Hall of Fame. When he forms one, he can run it however he wants.

I thought that a HOF induction was for 25 years since the first album release? But i do agree that the HOF poople change the rules as they see fit which in my opinion is fine... I don't want to see ashba inducted just like trujillo was, it would just seem wrong.

Honestly i think BBF will be out by the end of this year as there is only so long a person can live with the amount of frustration BBF deals with.

So nuGNR will be inducted in 2033?

Axl will buy up shares of the HOF, put himself on the board, figure out some loophole that gives him full creative control.. and then eradicate the 2012 induction and induct his new line-up. If he could I think he would.

I think that "It would be just too much," refers to Axl's ability to do things promptly and efficiently.