Guns N' Roses Live at the O2 in London Discussion Thread

Alpachiris

I'm listening to the 1080p one with earphones. Holy fuck, epic is used too much these days but it truly is. Axl sounds incredible with loud earphones. I didn't mind him even though there wasn't much rasp which kind of annoyed me at first - but listening to this now with earphones is sooo much better again. Brilliant

You've discovered the solution to our problems. To enjoy Axl's voice, use headphones! :lol:

Honestly. At first, i wasn't too keen on his clean vocals watching this footage, (but still quite enjoyed each performance) but this sounds absolutely killer. Even Sorry.

I repeat; even Sorry! I skipped that and Dead Flowers after my first listen. But they both sound great tonight! Same with 14 Years & Street of Dreams.

I literally cannot stop listening to this. And yeah, he does sound way better with earphones because of the higher quality. Which just goes to show that when you're actually at the gig he's still awesome and you don't complain about the lack of rasp.

Also, I strongly approve of the models in the front row. Some of them look awesome, and they're having a great time too, obvious fans! One especially was loving Brownstone, and i think Street of Dreams from what I remember

Edited by OJones90

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay tuned the next few weeks, guys. I'm going to try to do what I can with the 20gb WOWOW broadcast and author a DVD of the show. :)

What a guy.

Camden never got to me. :max:

:rofl-lol: The discs are sitting in the exact same spot they were when I said I'd mail them... PM me your address again
One big chain reaction of delays lol

I'm listening to the 1080p one with earphones. Holy fuck, epic is used too much these days but it truly is. Axl sounds incredible with loud earphones. I didn't mind him even though there wasn't much rasp which kind of annoyed me at first - but listening to this now with earphones is sooo much better again. Brilliant

You've discovered the solution to our problems. To enjoy Axl's voice, use headphones! :lol:

I'll be sure to have a pair of Dre's Beats handy next time I see the band. :lol:

He's not kidding...the sound quality does make a very noticeable difference.

I'll be sure to have a pair of Dre's Beats handy next time I see the band. :lol:

As i said in one of my other posts - it just goes to show how different it is when you're actually there. I didn't complain once about the lack of rasp/power. But watching the 720p footage he sounded weak in some songs and i didnt like it. Listened to the 1080p one on my beast speakers full blast and he sounded much better. Listened to that one again loud with my dre beats and it was absolutely amazing. I even enjoyed the songs which i thought were weakest - sorry, street of dreams, you could be mine, dead flowers. So imagine actually being there, obviously another big improvement.

Edited by OJones90

As i said in one of my other posts - it just goes to show how different it is when you're actually there. I didn't complain once about the lack of rasp/power. But watching the 720p footage he sounded weak in some songs and i didnt like it. Listened to the 1080p one on my beast speakers full blast and he sounded much better. Listened to that one again loud with my dre beats and it was absolutely amazing. I even enjoyed the songs which i thought were weakest - sorry, street of dreams, you could be mine, dead flowers. So imagine actually being there, obviously another big improvement.

That's the thing. He's almost always going to sound good live blasting through the PA. Even Vince Neil sounded decent when I saw the Crue, and his vocals are in far worse shape than Axl's. Dry soundboard recordings are the most likely to reveal faults because its the most accurate representation of what his voice sounds like by itself. With some mixing and mastering though, you're right, it does make a difference. Add that to a decent sound setup and again, he's going to sound okay. His voice is listenable on the O2 show. Not as powerful or raspy as 2010, but not downright terrible save for a few spots. It was a fun show to watch.

Also, I strongly approve of the models in the front row. Some of them look awesome, and they're having a great time too, obvious fans! One especially was loving Brownstone, and i think Street of Dreams from what I remember

Gutta b kidding me. I think that's the cheesiest thing team Brazils organized.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm Tivo'ing this show on Palladia right now. After I transfer to my computer, edit out commericials and re-encode to h264/mkv I'd be willing to create a torrent and seed if anyone would be interested.

I'm interested. But still be for HD or full HD

It wasnt broadcasted in full HD. Full HD is only available on BluRay. It will be 720p with original (5.1) audio.

Update: I finished transferring from Tivo to PC and editing out commercials. Final product wouldve been 1 hr 27 min. Before I re-encoded, I decided to give a quick check to see if any torrents of the show were available. Found one right off the bat which runs at 2 hrs 20 min, so it would be pointless to finish and upload the one I recorded tonight on Palladia. The one I found has Sorry, Rocket Queen, Estranged, Better, 14 Yrs, This I Love, Street of Dreams, Another Brick in the Wall & Dead Flowers all of which were not on the Palladia broadcasting. I wish Palladia would stop airing such heavily edited shows all the time. They did the same thing with the Vegas show.

Edited by jz1276

I'm Tivo'ing this show on Palladia right now. After I transfer to my computer, edit out commericials and re-encode to h264/mkv I'd be willing to create a torrent and seed if anyone would be interested.

I'm interested. But still be for HD or full HD

It wasnt broadcasted in full HD. Full HD is only available on BluRay. It will be 720p with original (5.1) audio.

But it still looked dam good!

Yeah my review of the show and taping and mix are as follows. We knew the show already, a great Don't Cry, and it was well shot regarding cinematography. A great show for 2012, missing great moments from the original x hrs, but a good selection all in all.

The mix was nuts, like Isolated Axl, missing guitars, and this seems to happen more than not in these tv mixes. It may have been a lot at the board then, but you also see flat out omitting of vocals and hear redo's done later or protooled. That creates that real tinny sound that makes it sound weird later, it would be interesting to compare the vocals to the actual taping to hear what was redone. I'm all for fixing a bad spot here and there for release, sure, but it felt like he did a whole lot later. Or, he was really pitch perfect that night and I'm forgetting that, and the mix was just weird. In Chinese, the start, this is really evident. Seemed to improve later, maybe.

All in all great to see! Do more of these Axl, release loads, do a 'best of 18 years unreleased' as another disc/download along side a new new release, so 'if they like one they can buy the other", so to speak, it'll be very 'illusion-esque'.

Peace

I caught this show last night. Didn't know I had this cable channel.

I thought the show was awesome! Axl looked and sounded great and it was so cool to see Izzy up there.

Axl seemed to talk a lot during this show. didn't talk much the 3 times I saw GNR.

Anyway, it was a very good concert.

Yea Val, I agree, great seeing Izzy.

Also, back to HD thing, I', pretty I saw it in HD as I have the HD comcast box w/the special hd cables. It also said HD in listing and filled whole widescreen, as HD broadcasts do, without need to zoom in. HD channel as well, Palladia is, as in one I didn't have before new box and my older tv here with old digital box still doesn't get.

Edited by axlskAmpf

Yea Val, I agree, great seeing Izzy.

Also, back to HD thing, I', pretty I saw it in HD as I have the HD comcast box w/the special hd cables. It also said HD in listing and filled whole widescreen, as HD broadcasts do, without need to zoom in. HD channel as well, Palladia is, as in one I didn't have before new box and my older tv here with old digital box still doesn't get.

I don't think anyone is debating that it was broadcast in HD; clearly it was. The debate was what the resolution was. I believe Palladia broadcasts in 720p, but I could be wrong and it could be 1080i. Either way, they don't broadcast in 1080p (Nor does any channel in the US, for that matter), so it's not considered Full HD.