Vegas DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion

Randy Lahey

My own personal view continues to be that Universal wouldn't be the problem in getting this thing released.

I've heard from a GNR source that Fernando is the most problematic factor in negotiations.
problematic for greedy film and label companies maybe. Perhaps he is ensuring the best deal for GNR and there fans?
Not what I'm hearing.

Do share. Who's you source?

My own personal view continues to be that Universal wouldn't be the problem in getting this thing released.

I've heard from a GNR source that Fernando is the most problematic factor in negotiations.
problematic for greedy film and label companies maybe. Perhaps he is ensuring the best deal for GNR and there fans?
Not what I'm hearing.
Do share. Who's you source?

I'm obviously not going to jeopardize the anonymity of my source; but what I can say is that according to the source Fernando hasn't been "supportive".

How is he not supportive? What is he not being supportive of?

Do I have to spell it out for you? Successfully releasing "Appetite for Democracy".

How would he benefit from not being supportive? Surely moving things along and building the brand up will benefit him as well as Axl.

Are you actually that naive? Axl/family managed GNR have never functioned logically.

How would he benefit from not being supportive? Surely moving things along and building the brand up will benefit him as well as Axl.

Are you actually that naive? Axl/family managed GNR have never functioned logically.

Lol. Yes I know that, it just doesn't make a lot of sense for someone to be working against their own interests. If this is true then it makes me wonder what their interests actually are.

Lol. Yes I know that, it just doesn't make a lot of sense for someone to be working against their own interests. If this is true then it makes me wonder what their interests actually are.

After all the management bullshit that has taken place over the last 15 years, who woulda guessed that Fernando and Beta would be the ones who run Axl into the ground and force a reunion? :awesomeface:

Edited by RickRoses
  • Like 1

Do I have to spell it out for you? Successfully releasing "Appetite for Democracy".

I'm not asking you to out your source, but you've got to go a little deeper than that. Is he demanding too much money? Too widespread a theatrical release? A guarantee of follow-up projects? Does he want zillions of dollars in marketing funds committed to the project? A new theater to be built in Brazil specifically to screen this film?

Saying he's not being "supportive" isn't really saying anything.

I'm not asking you to out your source, but you've got to go a little deeper than that. Is he demanding too much money? Too widespread a theatrical release? A guarantee of follow-up projects? Does he want zillions of dollars in marketing funds committed to the project? A new theater to be built in Brazil specifically to screen this film?

That's the point. Say nothing, fool others into thinking that you said something, feel like an insider.

I think you'll find it is. There are two or three parties contributing to this negotiation process. Naturally, you'd expect GNR and Rock Fuel to mutually negotiate with Interscope (with one backing up the other).

It has been alleged however, that Fernando has not been supportive of Rock Fuel's efforts. So how do Interscope take them seriously if they're singing off different hymn sheets?

That's the point. Say nothing, fool others into thinking that you said something, feel like an insider.

Why don't you go back to your insiders at M.SL?

Edited by NGOG

So is he actively working to block the release?

No, you've made that up yourself.

I'm not making anything up. I'm asking questions. You're not answering anything anyone's asked you. There's a difference.

You're going to have to say *something* or this is just baseless. And that's coming from someone who thinks Team Brazil are a ridiculous entity and haven't done anything remotely competent as managers yet.

Fernando may not RF to get as big of a cut since they are not pulling their weight?

How have Rock Fuel not been pulling their weight? Since forming, they've already released DVDs by The Smashing Pumpkins, Korn and Jane's Addiction. The only problems they've experienced have been during efforts to release a DVD by GNR.

I'm not making anything up. I'm asking questions.

Why don't you ask Russ too? He's been informed of the same thing.

I'm not prepared to speculate as to why Fernando hasn't been perceived as "supportive" of the project.

• Like 1

Fernando may not RF to get as big of a cut since they are not pulling their weight?

How have Rock Fuel not been pulling their weight? Since forming, they've already released DVDs by The Smashing Pumpkins, Korn and Jane's Addiction. The only problems they've experienced have been during efforts to release a DVD by GNR.

You are asking me? My comment was based off of what you said "It has been alleged however, that Fernando has not been supportive of Rock Fuel's efforts"

You are asking me? My comment was based off of what you said "It has been alleged however, that Fernando has not been supportive of Rock Fuel's efforts"

Clearly your comment is based off nothing. I and Russ said we had heard Fernando wasn't being supportive of Rock Fuel. Why did you use that as a mandate to criticize Rock Fuel?

Seriously, can you imagine a board room full of high ranking executives, each with decades of experience in the music industry...........and having Fernando and Beta come in to negotiate with you? GnR must be a joke at the label right now.

• Like 2

Clearly your comment is based off nothing. I and Russ said we had heard Fernando wasn't being supportive of Rock Fuel. Why did you use that as a mandate to criticize Rock Fuel?

I'm not criticizing Rock Fuel (sorry if it read that way). It was more of a question/guess to try figuring out what you said "It has been alleged however, that Fernando has not been supportive of Rock Fuel's efforts"

Edited by Coma16

A continuing theme, unfortunately.

Countless other bands can do what GNR cannot. Because unseen forces of evil are always conspiring against them. Its never the GNR camp being uncooperative.