Kid County ain't got it no more...

Cocky was his last breath...

What happened to this guy?! Why all the fascination for the country music... he was so good at rappin'...

I don't care for much of his country music myself, but after 20 years of rock/rap I can understand why he'd want to branch out into another genre. The dude is 42, not too many guys put out new rap music in their 40's when they can actually sing well and play guitar too.

But it's not like he's ignoring the old stuff, half of each of his shows still has the hard rock/rap (Sugar, So Hott, Bawitdaba, American Badass, etc) and this year he's putting out a 15th anniversary edition of Devil Without A Cause.

And Rock N' Roll Jesus is his best album, 6 years after Cocky.

Devil Without a Cause is his best album!

So Hott and Sugar aren't exactly like the material you have on Devil Without a Cause. American Bad Ass is definitely more like it and that's his coolest song so far, in my opinion.

I think it has to do with Joe C's passing... but that's just me speculating...but at some point in their careers artists tend to stop being themselves and write music like their idols... Kid Rock tries to hard to be Bob Seger, even the live album (the letters on it) ressemble Bob Seger...but again it's my opinion.

Axl did the same thing... he stopped being Axl and became Elton Rose on the Illusions, and now he became Axl Industrial on Chinese Democracy.

I didn't know about the 15th Anniversary edition of Devil... i'll definitely buy it!

Edited by AndreCC

Well, his demograph aren't exactly "on salary" if you know what I'm saying. :rolleyes: Oh well, no lines, no waiting at Wal-Marts I guess.

Yeah, not really sure where you're going with that. If you're saying what I think you're saying, then you're out of line.

Guest Len B'stard

Respect to the man! I mean i don't like his music but thats putting your money where your mouth is, innit? I'd go just to see Kool and the Gang and for a cheap piss up :)

Really cool, wish he was coming here. Saw him on the RNR Jesus tour and thought he was fantastic. Pretty much everyone I know gives him shit and doesn't like him, but I maintain that while a lot of his songs might not be for everyone, his *best* songs are great songs. Black Bob, Jackson Mississippi, Roll On, Wasting Time... Lowlife (Livin' The High Life) is an awesome track too.