How pissed would you be if NuGnR released a new album and you didn't recognise any of the song titles?

Towelie

Atlas Shrugged, The General, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Berlin, Seven etc.

We all seem to take for granted that if/when a new album is released, these songs will be on it. What if Axl doesn't use the majority of them, opting to use fresher material written with the current lineup? Would you be pissed off after waiting so long to hear these songs? Do you think this could happen?

What if a lot of these song titles were just demos and never really completed tracks in the first place? I would find it so funny if Axl had been trolling us in the 2008 chats....

Edited by Towelie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think it was great. It'd give me hope that they'd be other future releases too as it'd mean either a) they had more songs held back still to be released or b) they were actually capable of creating new music in a timely fashion and so could potentially do so again

I would be overjoyed if they release an album at all.

And if the "fresher material" sounds good, I'm a happy camper.

Also, much of the song titles are "working titles". So even if the names don't match, it might still be the same songs.

Remember: "The Blues" also became "Street of Dreams".

Edited by Lethalis

I have a strong feeling that we will of heard almost, if not all of the song titles on the next album... But this is pretty pointless because people just want a new record period, we WILL all love it when it arrives regardless of song titles I feel. I think we are at a point where anything will be good news in regards to a new album. But I don't think soon is the word...

Edited by One.In.A.Million

The myth of CD II would grow many bigger. I could go in for it a Axl n Dj Bon Motely record just to sell records and have fun, maybe a Stones type mid period of pop reggae covers.

Then in 2018, CD II.

Edited by wasted

I don't care about any of the speculated tracks because I haven't heard them; I doubt anyone outside of the fan boards is even aware of them as nothing got played live or leaked. So it really doesn't matter what they put out does it?

Who cares? Nobody knows what those songs sound like. The fanbase has ridiculously hyped up the likes of Atlas Shrugged for reasons I cannot fathom.

It it sort of what fans do. When guys like Tom Zutaut describe it as "pretty good", Classic Rock describes it as a mix between 70's glam rock and November Rain, may feature Brian May, an enigmatic title, and Bumblefoot refers to it as "interesting", then you -- and I don't literally mean you, I mean fans -- will start to wonder about what the song is like and want to hear it.

Who cares? Nobody knows what those songs sound like. The fanbase has ridiculously hyped up the likes of Atlas Shrugged for reasons I cannot fathom.

It it sort of what fans do. When guys like Tom Zutaut describe it as "pretty good", Classic Rock describes it as a mix between 70's glam rock and November Rain, may feature Brian May, an enigmatic title, and Bumblefoot refers to it as "interesting", then you -- and I don't literally mean you, I mean fans -- will start to wonder about what the song is like and want to hear it.

why thediceman is not a fan in your opinion? do you know him personally? do you know how many concerts he has been to? do you know his record collection?

why thediceman is not a fan in your opinion? do you know him personally? do you know how many concerts he has been to? do you know his record collection?

It's gotta be his constant attempts at ridiculing the band. He is probably yet another has-been-fan who used to like the and but now only likes extinct lineups and old records.

It's gotta be his constant attempts at ridiculing the band. He is probably yet another has-been-fan who used to like the and but now only likes extinct lineups and old records.

so if he likes an old line-up he can't be considered a fan anymore? making fun of the current band on the internet is more important than owning stuff, going to concerts etc?

you do take the internet too seriously, lady.