Since I Don't Have You--opinions?

Vincent Vega

I like it too. But I tend to like a lot of music from the original song's era. And no,I'm not that old lol only 36. But I grew up listening to that era of music from the 50s,60s,etc.

Just like Aerosmith's Walking In The Sand.

Edited by SweetRose

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it although my favorite song on the album is Human Being. The only songs I really skip over are Attitude and You Can't Put Your Arms around a memory. I never was a fan of Duff on vocals, plus, those songs are pretty shallow.

I read an interview with Slash once that the watery part at the end was an accident. They said they listened to the final mix and somehow the water part was there and no one knows how it got there.

Edit: I also skip over I Don't Care About You. Interesting vocals, but I don't like the song.

Edited by Amish

Guest Len B'stard

Fantastic top drawer fuckin' cover from a hit and miss sort of album, love that song though, the vocal performance was fantastic. I would've loved much more actually if TSI had been like a 50s cover album, taking stuff like from Doo Woop for Axls vocals and Rocket 88 or Heartbreak Hotel and, i dunno, there's a wealth of shit to choose from and i think, with a bit of care and attention it could've come out as a pretty respectable album.

Good topic, kudos to the poster.

I love this song. It is criminally underrated in the gnr catalogue. I wish it was played live from time to time. The thing that sticks with me about this song is how well it is thought of outside of the gnr community. I know a lot of people that are not "gnr fans" but have this song in their music collection. Out of all of gnr's covers I would say it is third in popularity amoung most music fans, only kohd and lald are more well known. It is seriously a forgotten gem amoung the gnr community. I was glad to see that it was on the greatest hits cd. A lot of people bitched about the amount of covers on the gh, but this song belonged on their.

My fav songs on tsi (in no order) are since I don't have you, ain't it fun, hair of the dog, down on the farm, and my personal fav black leather. Black leather is always my pick (from tsi) when I make playlists. It just has the classic gnr feel to it better than any song on that album imo.

SIDHY is my least favourite song off TSI? But I like it more than any other versions of the song. The sound is what I like best about this song.

I'm not a huge fan of TSI? but the overall sound is amazing. Axl sounds the best on that record, same with Angel Down.

Too bad the songs were unknown pieces of crap on TSI?

SIDHY is my least favourite song off TSI? But I like it more than any other versions of the song. The sound is what I like best about this song.

I'm not a huge fan of TSI? but the overall sound is amazing. Axl sounds the best on that record, same with Angel Down.

Too bad the songs were unknown pieces of crap on TSI?

But still the record allowed some fans to discover new old bands.

I like it a lot. For as much flak as it gets, I think Spaghetti had some of Axl's vocals at their most unique and controlled. (Compare a track like this to 'Appetite' and it almost sounds like a different singer -- his voice is richer, deeper. Obviously Appetite is a way better album, but when I think of Axl as a vocalist, I think more of the kind of singing he did on this and the Illusions.) It seemed like he had hit a peak around that era where he was in full control of the raspier, deeper nasally whine -- which, I guess, some people don't like as much, but to me it seemed like he was kinda 'singing' more in a traditional sense. What's odd is that so soon after this, his voice kinda fell apart (a year later in that Springsteen duet he sounded pretty shitty).

EDIT: Example of the vocals I'm talking about are at 3:29 in the video:

To me, that's kind of the iconic Axl Rose 'sound.' For as much as Appetite is their defining record for most people, it's funny how Axl didn't really come into his own as a singer until after its release.

I like it a lot. For as much flak as it gets, I think Spaghetti had some of Axl's vocals at their most unique and controlled. (Compare a track like this to 'Appetite' and it almost sounds like a different singer -- his voice is richer, deeper. Obviously Appetite is a way better album, but when I think of Axl as a vocalist, I think more of the kind of singing he did on this and the Illusions.) It seemed like he had hit a peak around that era where he was in full control of the raspier, deeper nasally whine -- which, I guess, some people don't like as much, but to me it seemed like he was kinda 'singing' more in a traditional sense. What's odd is that so soon after this, his voice kinda fell apart (a year later in that Springsteen duet he sounded pretty shitty).

EDIT: Example of the vocals I'm talking about are at 3:29 in the video:

To me, that's kind of the iconic Axl Rose 'sound.' For as much as Appetite is their defining record for most people, it's funny how Axl didn't really come into his own as a singer until after its release.

You're right about his voice during the Springsteen duet...it's actually worst than Rio 2011.

I love how its very clean sounding. Axls vocals and the whole band sound amazing on this song. Great choice for a cover song, especially for Guns n' Roses.

Edited by T.wa.T