Sympathy for the Devil--opinions?

Vincent Vega

What do you feel about the last single released by the Classic Era GN'R? Released in December 1994, it's the last song to have Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt and Dizzy all on the same track....Do you think it's a good cover, beyond the drama surrounding how it was recorded?

it's uninspiring. nothing special.

Reminds me of the Megadeth cover of Anarchy in the UK where the words '...or just another country?!? Another council tenancy!' were apparently heard by that band of brain surgeons at Megadeth as 'and other cunt-like tendencies'.

Not saying metallers are thick or anything, but...

:lol:

You leave my boy Dave alone or I'll do you. :lol:

It's an amazing cover, IMO. Love it. Better than the studio version of KOHD and most of Spaghetti.

That is like saying ''it is better than that excruciatingly painful slab of Guinness infused ballast that nearly shattered the toilet u-bend last week, and the igneous diarrhea puddle than emanated from my nether regions a week later''.

It's an amazing cover, IMO. Love it. Better than the studio version of KOHD and most of Spaghetti.

That is like saying ''it is better than that excruciatingly painful slab of Guinness infused ballast that nearly shattered the toilet u-bend last week, and the igneous diarrhea puddle than emanated from my nether regions a week later''.

Nah, it's a good cover, IMO. Love Axl's vocals, love the whole vibe.

• Like 1

I didn't think GNR's version was all that bad when i heard it in the 90's. In fact it was pretty cool to be getting airplay in general. IMO Slash over reacted to the question answer guitar stuff.. The stones version has that same feel. If GNR's didnt.. why not? Maybe he couldn't be fucked playing it which might of meant GNR got slated for not sounding like a stones classic. I love GNR. I love Axl and Slash. I just think a lot of egos went a bit haywire back then but everyone, in their own way, was trying to pull GNR out of a pile of shit. Some people created that pile of shit themselves. At least now the shit has cleared to some extent.

• Like 1

Great cover. Incredible drumming.

GNR made a good song into a great one.

Fuck off. Just plain, Fuck off!!!!!!

Ban? Oh wait, no, he didn't say it to the Brazilian golden child. :)

Anyhow as for the song, it's neither here nor there. Relatively bland. Not offensively bad but it isn't going to drop anyone's panties either, and at the time of release we'd already had 6 or 7 covers too many.

Edited by tomfriend

Reminds me of the Megadeth cover of Anarchy in the UK where the words '...or just another country?!? Another council tenancy!' were apparently heard by that band of brain surgeons at Megadeth as 'and other cunt-like tendencies'. Not saying metallers are thick or anything, but... :lol:

Come on. Cunt-like tendencies is far better.

I find it pretty atrocious.

Axls vocal delivery is cartoonish and over the top. There's no dynamic buildup: the song just stays at the same dynamic level the entire way through.

The guitar work is boring and uninteresting.

Everyone blew it on this track.