Kanye West likens himself to Axl Rose

Jakey Styley

Well, he's not wrong. Who were they to say where he could and couldn't go?

So if somebody wants to come to your house and you tell them "you can come by Thursday night, but that's it"..................don't YOU have the right to dictate who you allow into your home????? Kayne is saying that nobody should be allowed to have that power. HE should be able to come and go as he chooses. Because he is a God, a rock star, etc.

What do you think would happen if YOU and your buddies showed up at Kayne's house every night. Would he let you in or would he call security to keep you out?

He's not talking about houses though, he specifically said "show".

Man, I’m the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix.

Nope, he is just an untalented joke

Fuck him, i wish he drop down in hell to clean the devils shoes with his tongue

Wishing death on others makes you a good person :thumbsup:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all of humanity had the ambition and fearlessness that Kanye West has then we'd be travelling to other planets by now.

He is just pompous

ambition?

fearlessness?

Rock star?

my sweaty ass

fuck him in hell

Wishing death on others makes you a good person

Yup, but he is still a pompous asshole his mouth is too big, somebody should break his nose

I wish Los Zetas pay him a visit

Without the talent

I guess you don't like Rap music at all.

Kanye is more talented than Axl.

Rap is not autotune and steal other peoples music

Edited by Crash Diet

I always wonder why people hate Kanye's honesty, yeah, he's a bit arrogant but he's honest about it. In the world of show business where people constantly try and an portray themselves to be nicer and more down-to-Earth than they actually are, Kanye's shameless honesty is refreshing.

if you think this is honesty, then you are stupid, imo

Kanye is the Axl Rose of hip hop, hands down. I've always seen it this. It's the holy trinity of popular music: Guns N' Roses representing rock, Kanye West representing Hip Hop and Daft Punk representing Dance/Eletronica. They're on a league of their own.

And yeah... I like Kanye's honesty. He's not some mellow buttlicker that doesn't give his honest opinion about something in order to please the press/media/fans and other artists. That's how it should be. Like Kanye and Liam Gallagher.

He is more of a rock star than most rockstars nowadays, including veteran rockstars.

One problem with your statement

He is untalented as fuck

autotune is not talent

This is not honesty

if you people consider this honesty, then the average americans are bigger dorks than i think

Edited by Crash Diet

I always wonder why people hate Kanye's honesty, yeah, he's a bit arrogant but he's honest about it. In the world of show business where people constantly try and an portray themselves to be nicer and more down-to-Earth than they actually are, Kanye's shameless honesty is refreshing.

Kanye is the Axl Rose of hip hop, hands down. I've always seen it this. It's the holy trinity of popular music: Guns N' Roses representing rock, Kanye West representing Hip Hop and Daft Punk representing Dance/Eletronica. They're on a league of their own.

And yeah... I like Kanye's honesty. He's not some mellow buttlicker that doesn't give his honest opinion about something in order to please the press/media/fans and other artists. That's how it should be. Like Kanye and Liam Gallagher.

He is more of a rock star than most rockstars nowadays, including veteran rockstars.

He is untalented as fuck

autotune is not talent

This is not honesty

if you people consider this honesty, then the average americans are bigger dorks than i think

The music in which Kanye uses autotune wouldn't have worked the way it did if it was sung by a good singer without autotune.

He is untalented as fuck

autotune is not talent

This is not honesty

The music in which Kanye uses autotune wouldn't have worked the way it did if it was sung by a good singer without autotune.

Ummm. what does this mean? Is it good? Is it a dig? Is it just stating obvious things? Making kraft mac n cheese with the powder cheese doesnt work the way it does with real mac n cheese. Don't get me wrong though I like Kraft Mac n cheese, I just don't understand what that statement means at all. Or maybe I do get it, just don't understand what saying it means.

Oh well.

He is untalented as fuck

autotune is not talent

This is not honesty

Ummm. what does this mean? Is it good? Is it a dig? Is it just stating obvious things? Making kraft mac n cheese with the powder cheese doesnt work the way it does with real mac n cheese. Don't get me wrong though I like Kraft Mac n cheese, I just don't understand what that statement means at all. Or maybe I do get it, just don't understand what saying it means.

Oh well.

What he meant is that when Kanye has used autotune, it's been in a way that fit the music and message he was attempting to send in a way that it would not have if a singer with a good, natural voice had been on the track. He knows he's not a good singer.

Yup, yup, yup. That's why Axl, Kanye, and Daft Punk all have albums in my all-time Top 5.

Lol the majority of Kanye's music is done without blatant autotune anyway, so that whole argument is invalid. And it really works on songs like Heartless or RoboCop. If he used it on every song and made it overkill, then I would see an argument. But he doesn't. So stop exaggerating to make it seem like such a huge deal.

Some of you need to lighten up. It's like every time you hear a Kanye story, you're continuously surprised that he has an ego. Come on. It's like being startled by what Lady Gaga wears. Meaning, it's not very shocking anymore.

I always thought you had to play rock music to be a rock star.

Also, he says he's the biggest living rock star (moving on from the rock part), but he then says, "I am Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Axl Rose." Is he implying he believes Axl Rose is dead?

Also, he says he's the biggest living rock star (moving on from the rock part), but he then says, "I am Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Axl Rose." Is he implying he believes Axl Rose is dead?

I was just about to say the same thing. Both Morrison and Hendrix are dead, anyone think he thought the same about Axl?

Well, he's not wrong. Who were they to say where he could and couldn't go?

So if somebody wants to come to your house and you tell them "you can come by Thursday night, but that's it"..................don't YOU have the right to dictate who you allow into your home????? Kayne is saying that nobody should be allowed to have that power. HE should be able to come and go as he chooses. Because he is a God, a rock star, etc.

What do you think would happen if YOU and your buddies showed up at Kayne's house every night. Would he let you in or would he call security to keep you out?

What I got out of it was he meant that you shouldn't not want him there. Still a tool, don't get me wrong.

No doubt Kanye is talented, but likening himself to an iconic rockstar is like an apple comparing itself to an orange. Totally different type of music and vibe. I do like, though, that he viewed Axl as a quintessential rock star on the level of Morrison and Hendrix...which he is!!

I do like, though, that he viewed Axl as a quintessential rock star on the level of Morrison and Hendrix...which he is!!

Well, he might have been had he either died at the same age that they did or went in a different direction. Not implying I'd want him dead before someone gets smart on me.

Kanye debuted in the mid 2000s and you can still notice the influence of The College Dropout and Late Registration on modern artists.

On the other hand, Axl became irrelevant in the music industry when Grunge got big. Appetite was a great record but it wasn't innovative at all.