Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

I saw it tonight and I just felt meh. I had no issues with pacing or the darkness of it. I just found there to be a lot of unnecessary shit in it. I hated how much emphasis was put on setting up the Justice League. Like fuck le's build a real story between Batman and Superman no? No? Oh k go ahead and force feed the Justice League. The fight between Batman and Superman was cool but everythin after that was pretty much junk. The action and destruction once again just got out of hand and I hate that shit. I also REALLY FUCKING HATE the Lois Lane character. Lik she's just this normal human being who manages to be right in the middle of these massive battles and somehow always plays such an important part. Like fuck off. 

Wonder Woman's music was the best part of the movie. Affleck was fine as Batman. Cavill was fine as Superman, Lex was a psycho and kinda cool but the sum of it's parts just doesn't add up. Also I hated the chicken shit ending. That last second of the movie was such a cop out. We all know what's gonna happen but for fuck sakes show some balls and just end that movie one second earler. 

I'd give it a 5.75 / 10

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Do you think he's the best Batman ever though?

I do. However I don't feel he was the best Bruce Wayne so........  Mind you he was playing a  different type of Bruce Wayne, still not as good as Bale in my opinion and I was always pretty indifferent to Keaton.  I thought Affleck's Batman was killer though. 

Wonder Woman's electric cello theme was cool but my favourite theme was Lutherberg's:

The new Batman music was good, and I liked how they interwove the Batman and Superman themes when they fought.

I was considering seeing it a 2nd time as at my first showing people kept checking the time on their goddamn brightly lit phones, and the IMAX showing in London is in 70mm 2D which is great, but £20 a ticket is too much, and while I liked the film, I didn't LOVE it like I did the TDK films or Interstellar which all warranted the IMAX premium for me (multiple times in the case of the latter).

I didn't really get the whole back and forth with the spear in the water, read online it was all a reference to King Arthur and the Lady in the Lake (that's why Excalibur is the movie the Waynes walk out of at the beginning, was a bit of an odd choice compared to the usual Zorro which you see a poster of).

I could have told you this film was a shit stain before seeing it. All of these cgi superhero films are total cack except the Nolan trilogy. The sad thing is, Affleck was making decent films before this (The Town; Gone Girl). He was making quite a name for himself there as a filmmaker. What a silly decision to assume the tights and cowl.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I could have told you this film was a shit stain before seeing it. All of these cgi superhero films are total cack except the Nolan trilogy. The sad thing is, Affleck was making decent films before this (The Town; Gone Girl). He was making quite a name for himself there as a filmmaker. What a silly decision to assume the tights and cowl.

It grossed 500mil$ I think. Very silly. And he wanted to be Batman. The role was interesting to him it seems. Grouping together all the superhero films and calling it "cgi superhero films" is just a silly generalization of this genre imo.

There are many great superhero movies, not just Nolan's trilogy (the third one wasn't that good anyway)

The X Men movies, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Deadpool, the first Avengers, and more are all good movies imo. The CGI must be a big part of it cause of the nature of these films, but I agree this movie had too much of it and I didn't care for it at all. That's not what really defines this genre imo.

Edited by Rovim

I'll give you the first few Xmans which were not bad but the rest are rancid. All of these films epitomise what is wrong in American cinema today. Awful. And these are not genre films. They are just money making turds.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll give you the first few Xmans which were not bad but the rest are rancid. All of these films epitomise what is wrong in American cinema today. Awful. And these are not genre films. They are just money making turds.

Some are, some not really. Perhaps it's just you don't really like these kind of films? I know for example that I fuckin' hate horror movies. The worst genre ever and I only like 3 or 4 horror movies and they're old.

Every genre aims to achieve different goals. Nolan didn't like a lot of CGI and the tone of the trilogy was dark and serious. A lot of superhero movies, I'd say even most of them don't have that tone, it's brighter.

Like the first Spiderman movie for example.

Edited by Rovim

24 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

Oh me, oh my...

Why Zack Snyder is a self-defeating comic-book director

Every word of this is just truth. This writer has encapsulated Zack Snyder's obvious strengths, his obvious weaknesses and why the two go hand-and-hand to make inevitably joyless movies. 

I liken it to Star Trek Into Darkness, which rips off Wrath of Khan without really understanding why it is that WoK is so beloved by Trekkies. Snyder can recreate his favourite pages from comics, but there is no context, no substance underneath it all

• Like 1

I went and saw it. 

Honestly it was better than expected. My main problem with the film was that the issues between Superman and Batman didn't seem justified and the writer or director failed to make it believable. I am sure the reasons are there but quite frankly I don't have the attention span ( I am aware this is my fault). 

This brings me to my next complaint. If the main movie is Batman v Superman, then why was the display of Superman joining forces with Batman the main focus of the last quarter of the movie? 

There was a lot of other events that should have just been left out. Wonderwoman wasn't needed, we didn't need to hear about Superman's controversy for forty minutes of the film, a needless car chase, and the ending was pretty bad...

But there was some good points too. I thought Eisenberg played a good Lex Luthor, I liked the cinematics, and the overall plot had some highlights despite being dragged out...and I did like it more than most Marvel movies.

16 hours ago, Bono said:

I saw it tonight and I just felt meh. I had no issues with pacing or the darkness of it. I just found there to be a lot of unnecessary shit in it. I hated how much emphasis was put on setting up the Justice League. Like fuck le's build a real story between Batman and Superman no? No? Oh k go ahead and force feed the Justice League. The fight between Batman and Superman was cool but everythin after that was pretty much junk. The action and destruction once again just got out of hand and I hate that shit. I also REALLY FUCKING HATE the Lois Lane character. Lik she's just this normal human being who manages to be right in the middle of these massive battles and somehow always plays such an important part. Like fuck off. 

I'd give it a 5.75 / 10

Completely agree. 

Another thing I thought was lame was the shitty dialog that was meant to justify the destruction Batman had to be involved in. They show you how much Batman hates Superman because Wayne's buddy died in destruction caused through Superman, as did that little girl's mom. Then they have dialog tell you not once but twice that the area the big fight is gonna take place in is deserted.

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Completely agree. 

Another thing I thought was lame was the shitty dialog that was meant to justify the destruction Batman had to be involved in. They show you how much Batman hates Superman because Wayne's buddy died in destruction caused through Superman, as did that little girl's mom. Then they have dialog tell you not once but twice that the area the big fight is gonna take place in is deserted.

Yes this was their ham fisted way of addressing the complaint about too much collateral damage in the first film, shows yet again how Snyder simply doesn't understand what people are saying

• Like 1

The whole idea of a man with no powers whatsoever, aside from being at peak human fitness and training, being able to fight a being that can punch hard enough to explode an entire planet, is just sill to me, and is one of the reason why comics books just don't do it for me. I know that Superman doesn't want to hurt Batman, but the mismatch is so ludicrous, even with Kryptonite in the lix, as to be pointless. It'll be the same with The Age Of Apocalypse, because he has enough power to basically flatten all of the X-Men at the same time, yet he'll end up jobbing for Wolverine in the last 20 minutes of the film.

I no longer like Superhero movies, except for anything Batman related (and the first two Iron Man movies and Deadpool), because he's just a dude. I loved everything about Batman in this movie and wished it were JUST Batman and Superman and a supervillain. This is going to get to be a cluster-f*ck with all the superheroes just like the Avengers is, with their 30 minute CGI battle royal against faceless enemies (yes, even the first Avengers sucked). I do hope the solo Affleck Batman movie happens with Affleck directing.

Edited by Axl owns dexter

2 hours ago, maynard said:

A right step would be to remove the generic faceless alien "boss" and follow a new route but well, children viewers are still a target so it's kinda impossible... And they're still comic book movies after all.

Well, that's why I don't understand how an adult can say with a straight face that The Avengers was a good movie. I mean yeah, the banter between the team was fun. But I was bored to tears during the final video game CGI fest fight scene.