Changes to MYGNRFORUM.com

highvoltage

In general, I like what you have done.

I still think it would have been best to somehow keep the classic lineup and the current lineup separate. Just a feeling that this isn't the way to go. But by trial and error, we shall see! I could be completely wrong aswell.

Why? Both lineups play the same music, and the inactivity of the current lineup doesn't warrant it's own area... unless you want to keep talking about Vanessa pregnancy rumors or fake interviews with Richard Fortus.

I just feel like it invites bad things to happen.

Like for instance, now, when Slash makes a tweet about a wet fart he just let out, it's OK to make a thread about it here. His and Perlas shit is something I never want to read about and am offended by, he is 10x the hasbeen Axl is. and has been that way for some time. Now I should stomach shit about him just because he was in GNR 20 years ago? ... blah.

I agree with this.

I like all the changes besides merging the old lineups with the current line up in the D&N.

Slash turned his back on all of us and know were going to "discuss" him in the main GNR section.

Since the section will be deleted... I asked you something on the "Festival d'été de Québec" topic... if you want to answer before it's deleted that'd be nice hehe.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it would have been best to somehow keep the classic lineup and the current lineup separate. Just a feeling that this isn't the way to go. But by trial and error, we shall see! I could be completely wrong aswell.

Why? Both lineups play the same music, and the inactivity of the current lineup doesn't warrant it's own area... unless you want to keep talking about Vanessa pregnancy rumors or fake interviews with Richard Fortus.

Like for instance, now, when Slash makes a tweet about a wet fart he just let out, it's OK to make a thread about it here. His and Perlas shit is something I never want to read about and am offended by, he is 10x the hasbeen Axl is. and has been that way for some time. Now I should stomach shit about him just because he was in GNR 20 years ago? ... blah.

This is a clear example of someone who must be suspended or banned immediately. Insulting Slash and his camp in the same thread where a moderator announces changes.

Mods, what are you waiting?

1 post.......who is this alt account? :awesomeface:

I agree with this.

I like all the changes besides merging the old lineups with the current line up in the D&N.

Slash turned his back on all of us and know were going to "discuss" him in the main GNR section.

If anything at all is going to deteriorate the quality of discussion Volcano, it is posting slanted rhetoric such as "Slash turned his back on all of us" ;) Edited by WhazUp

His and Perlas shit is something I never want to read about and am offended by, he is 10x the hasbeen Axl is. and has been that way for some time.

You did read and comprehend High's posting about the changes, right? ;)

Yes and I fear that people will only go by the general feel of "everything is in D&N now", and just go on posting in the way I've already provocatively described.

"I didn't know where to post my 'slash tweeted about going to the fleemarket' - thread, since there is no dust n bones / old lineup section anymore. That will be their defense. And I'm afraid the moderators will be too lenient. and going easy on the first time will just quickly translate into things escalating and getting nasty. Just my prediction.

I unfortunately have to maintain my position about keeping the old lineup and the new one separate from each other.

This post just reminded me of another benefit to the changes. Finally we can eliminate all those annoying wannabe forum police who cluttered perfectly good threads with nonsense replys about people posting in the wrong section of the forum.

YAY! :)

His and Perlas shit is something I never want to read about and am offended by, he is 10x the hasbeen Axl is. and has been that way for some time.

You did read and comprehend High's posting about the changes, right? ;)

Yes and I fear that people will only go by the general feel of "everything is in D&N now", and just go on posting in the way I've already provocatively described.

"I didn't know where to post my 'slash tweeted about going to the fleemarket' - thread, since there is no dust n bones / old lineup section anymore. That will be their defense. And I'm afraid the moderators will be too lenient. and going easy on the first time will just quickly translate into things escalating and getting nasty. Just my prediction.

I unfortunately have to maintain my position about keeping the old lineup and the new one separate from each other.

Well, Slash going to the fleamarket would be a non-GnR related event. If one chose to discuss that, they would do so in the side projects section. That's where non GnR related events that pertain to any era GnR members are discussed.

Slash going to the fleamarket and finding some ultra rare GnR items, that would be worthy of GnR discussion.

Maybe it would be better if the twitter feed didn't come back. Since it has been missing the amount of DJ related 'hate' threads/posts has noticeably gone down, probably the same with Slash. It's easy to get wound up by vacuous twitter nonsense ( I am guilty of this myself) but probably like most forum members I don't go out of my way to read DJ or Slash's twitter too often if it's not on the main page. The flip side to this of course is if we don't have the twitter feed we might miss out on that all important tweet that gives a release date of the next album or anounces a reunion!

I agree with this.

If you think the disintegration of Guns n' Roses was all Slash's fault, try taking a look at Axl's actions from 1988 through 1996. If you still require further proof, take a look at what has happened with Guns n' Roses from 1997 through 2013.

I think the D&N section is going to be too much of a handful for the mods to control. A band with so much history all pushed into one section? Its going to be mayham!

Hope it works though.

It's not going to be easy, but we decided it was worth a shot. :)

we want to continue to be the best GN'R community on the Internet, where people can express their opinions freely.

Not to be "that guy" but does this mean that members are immune from band member attacks/bannings (i.e. that Madison debacle)? I remember when it happened and it made me feel really uncomfortable that it was allowed to happen and was supported by the admin. That aside, these changes all sound great!

we want to continue to be the best GN'R community on the Internet, where people can express their opinions freely.

Not to be "that guy" but does this mean that members are immune from band member attacks/bannings (i.e. that Madison debacle)? I remember when it happened and it made me feel really uncomfortable that it was allowed to happen and was supported by the admin. That aside, these changes all sound great!

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly? But things are very different now to how they were back then, and I really don't see a repeat performance taking place anytime soon.

Guest charlie555

I think the changes to D&N are a good idea. it is much easier to just go to one place and discuss relevant things without having to be completely absorbed into MyGnr and all the different boards, categories etc.

Just one question though - if we are critical of Beta & Team Brazil (who I personally believe are the biggest threat to progress for GnR) are we able to discuss this in a constructive way? Or are you limiting this as it will (probably) devolve into the whole 'fat toilet-cleaning cunt' stuff?

I think it would be good to be able to call them out on a lack of progress etc. just as we would Merck or Azoff if they are really the managers of GnR.

Thanks

Edited by charlie555

I think what Chris was asking was,if a band member comes to the forum degrading a forum member like Axl did to Madison,would the mods tolerate such behavior from a band member?

Yeah, the mods should of warned Dexter or better still, ban him.

:lol:

I think the changes to D&N are a good idea. it is much easier to just go to one place and discuss relevant things without having to be completely absorbed into MyGnr and all the different boards, categories etc.

Just one question though - if we are critical of Beta & Team Brazil (who I personally believe are the biggest threat to progress for GnR) are we able to discuss this in a constructive way? Or are you limiting this as it will (probably) devolve into the whole 'fat toilet-cleaning cunt' stuff?

I think it would be good to be able to call them out on a lack of progress etc. just as we would Merck or Azoff if they are really the managers of GnR.

Thanks

This is a great question charlie, thanks for asking it.

Yes, you are able to discuss this in a constructive way.

I agree that allowing this will probably result in some of the "fat toilet cleaning cunt" stuff... and if/when it does, we'll come down quite hard on it so it's clear exactly where the line is. I'd honestly rather lose a few members in the hope of improving the quality of the board overall. It's better for us in the long run, and it's what people liked about posting here in the first place - they didn't have to read through that kind of crap, but they were allowed to express constructive opinions freely. That's ultimately what we want to achieve.

I think our "nice guy" approach ended up being the wrong way to encourage discussion - some people understood what we were trying to do, others just had no respect for it and preferred to see how far they could take things.

I hope this clears things up. Don't be shy of hitting the report button to help us stay on top of things please guys.

i think having all gnr related discussion in one place is good in theory, i just do not know how well it is going to work. i agree with it in theory i just dont know if individuals are mature enough to get along.

i think having all gnr related discussion in one place is good in theory, i just do not know how well it is going to work. i agree with it in theory i just dont know if individuals are mature enough to get along.

I think that will largely be dictated by how consistently we're able to moderate.

Putting people into different sections isn't working anymore because a) not much to discuss on the GN'R side of things and b) everyone posts in the main section anyway, regardless of whether they support the new band or not.

So as far as "getting along"... I (we) considered it for a long time and concluded that it shouldn't really get any worse than it already is as far as people arguing.

The difficult part will be getting the right balance when we moderate, and I expect there will be a few people that find this part hard to get used to again.

Guest charlie555

I'm excited for these changes! Way to go mod and admin team. I hope that the more disruptive of us can calm down a little bit and reign in their inner pain in the ass.

I think comments like yours are probably part of the problem.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. While you aren't necessarily rude I have noticed you consistently attack everybody else when their opinion is different to yours.

Perhaps you also need to calm down a little bit?