Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

Racism has NEVER been allowed on this forum by any admin and we take any and all allegations extremely seriously -- To suggest otherwise is wrong at best and purposely misleading at worst. Please use the report function if you feel there are racist comments being made. Feel free to also PM myself or HV.

How anyone else decides to run their site is up to them. Mygnr has grown significantly over the last 12 months and we have plans for further development and expansion -- I accept there are a very small minority who are only out to slate the band (some have since been banned) but at mygnr we have the biggest community world wide and we accept differing opinions as long as they are not breaking any forum rules.

Personally, I'd rather be known for freedom of speech than a controlled censored environment.

95% of the members of this forum are Pro Axl and are open to GNR under the current format -- for ANYONE to dismiss a percentage of that 95% for being disinterested or disheartened as 'the enemy' or 'not REAL fans' (seriously, WTF?) is laughable.

So a few people take advantage of that, why not concentrate on what the majority of fans have to say? Good and/or bad?

This isn't a moan at all, far from it -- but I'm proud to represent mygnr under this ownership. Whilst (sorry Dari!) there are things we've got wrong and I do regret; we're addressing that now and I'm proud to be the owner of this site and of our ever growing community.

Carry on :)

Great post (even with the 'whilst' ;) ).

I have to say that I find it rather disheartening that the newest member of the mod team appears be willing to not only think the worst of us as a community, but also buys into the unfounded allegations by Fernando.

Where did I say anything like that? The point I was making is that posts like that have been made here and needed to be hidden or removed altogether.

Ugh. Like I said, disheartening.

• Like 1

Racism has NEVER been allowed on this forum by any admin and we take any and all allegations extremely seriously -- To suggest otherwise is wrong at best and purposely misleading at worst. Please use the report function if you feel there are racist comments being made. Feel free to also PM myself or HV.

How anyone else decides to run their site is up to them. Mygnr has grown significantly over the last 12 months and we have plans for further development and expansion -- I accept there are a very small minority who are only out to slate the band (some have since been banned) but at mygnr we have the biggest community world wide and we accept differing opinions as long as they are not breaking any forum rules.

Personally, I'd rather be known for freedom of speech than a controlled censored environment.

95% of the members of this forum are Pro Axl and are open to GNR under the current format -- for ANYONE to dismiss a percentage of that 95% for being disinterested or disheartened as 'the enemy' or 'not REAL fans' (seriously, WTF?) is laughable.

So a few people take advantage of that, why not concentrate on what the majority of fans have to say? Good and/or bad?

This isn't a moan at all, far from it -- but I'm proud to represent mygnr under this ownership. Whilst (sorry Dari!) there are things we've got wrong and I do regret; we're addressing that now and I'm proud to be the owner of this site and of our ever growing community.

I have to say that I find it rather disheartening that the newest member of the mod team appears be willing to not only think the worst of us as a community, but also buys into the unfounded allegations by Fernando.

Where did I say anything like that? The point I was making is that posts like that have been made here and needed to be hidden or removed altogether.
Ugh. Like I said, disheartening.

I guess I'm not understanding your point

Fernando:

"Wow, am completely speechless how this has dragged out.

People, it'll all be ok.

GNR related news will soon be available. If that's too long, sorry.

Thanks.

(If I go and answer or give my personal views; I am unprofessional. If I don't give my views; I am a heartless prick.) Take that as you will, as you certainly already have."

Yeah, I saw that. Sounds good. it's a good thing that he gave that heads-up. A step towards what people are looking for, I would think.

Ali

About the special QaA forum. Forget Team Brazil (at least for now). Beta and Fernando - they hate our guts. To Fernando, Mygnr is a ''nasty racist monster which leaks Axl's songs, insults his mother and makes demanding questions''. But it could work with Bumblefoot. Reach out to him. Apoligise for the pasting he got here last time and explain that there has been improvements made. Give him some moderation power. It might work.

• Like 2

About the special QaA forum. Forget Team Brazil (at least for now). Beta and Fernando - they hate our guts. To Fernando, Mygnr is a ''nasty racist monster which leaks Axl's songs, insults his mother and makes demanding questions''. But it could work with Bumblefoot. Reach out to him. Apoligise for the pasting he got here last time and explain that there has been improvements made. Give him some moderation power. It might work.

Yes! Much better idea

Fuck you, fernando! I'll always be a supporter and i certainly don't hate beta, fernando, venessa, etc but thus is a smack in the face. I've spent hundreds or more on concert tickets, travel arrangements, records, turned friends on to the band, merchandise...and now they say they don't need fans like me? Fuck them.

And thousands of messages a day? Get real, buddy.that's such bullshit

this band is being held back by enablers like the lebeis family.I'm grateful they love and care for axl and theyve done a lot of good.I'm sure they're great people...but really, how are they different than the yes man and enablers like doug goldstein and those guys? Their intentions are different but its still hurting the band

Shit's getting real if Zoso is pissed off! :popcorn:

• Like 1

We reached out to BBF a few days ago and he made a clear he isn't interested at this time :/

Fuck you, fernando! I'll always be a supporter and i certainly don't hate beta, fernando, venessa, etc but thus is a smack in the face. I've spent hundreds or more on concert tickets, travel arrangements, records, turned friends on to the band, merchandise...and now they say they don't need fans like me? Fuck them.

this band is being held back by enablers like the lebeis family.I'm grateful they love and care for axl and theyve done a lot of good.I'm sure they're great people...but really, how are they different than the yes man and enablers like doug goldstein and those guys? Their intentions are different but its still hurting the band

He later said he misread the letter and its not a big deal Edited by Gia

Daria, that's a very unfair post, and I don't think that's the point Russ was getting at. You can't see some of the more abusive posts we've had to hide out of the topic -- but he can. That's not to say he's "buying into" Fernando's allegations, he can just see where they're coming from.

I agree the allegations of regular "racism" are widely off the mark, particularly as it's an issue I'm overly sensitive towards (I tend to get upset easily if I see it).... but Russ is simply acknowledging that a small number of posters HAVE made those comments, and he's had to remove some of them. So have I. I tend to ban the people that make those comments pretty quickly.

We don't tolerate racist (or generally intolerant) comments here, plain and simple - if there are any left up, it's only because we've missed them.

Bobbo was right, Fernando is missing the point.

Take away the 5 true cupcakes and the 5 Axl worshippers, and this place runs rather smoothly and features a TON of great conversation.

But look what started all this latest round of negativity.

Del - suck my d*ck

Beta - complaints, complaints, complaints and the asshole message about how people have ruined it all

Message with SOFTBALL questions to Axl gets basically rejected with a form letter response

And now Fernando is complaining about the fans?

A five minute response from Axl to those questions and almost all of this is totally avoided.

A respectful response to the leaks and all this is avoided. Instead of Del's and Beta's angry responses.

Beta saying "I know you guys want new music and the band is working hard on making that happen. Thanks for your support" instead of "complaints, complaints, complaints." when somebody asks.

If the band's camp doesn't want negativity amongst their fans..............then give the fans a little respect. LIKE ALL OTHER BANDS DO.

yo fernando

sticks and turns may break my bones

but words will never hurt me

even if what you say is true, how are ya gonna manage the most dangerous band in the world, if your poor wittle feewings can't take a few internet meanies? the hell man, aren't you 30?

Daria, that's a very unfair post, and I don't think that's the point Russ was getting at. You can't see some of the more abusive posts we've had to hide out of the topic -- but he can. That's not to say he's "buying into" Fernando's allegations, he can just see where they're coming from.

I agree the allegations of regular "racism" are widely off the mark, particularly as it's an issue I'm overly sensitive towards (I tend to get upset easily if I see it).... but Russ is simply acknowledging that a small number of posters HAVE made those comments, and he's had to remove some of them. So have I. I tend to ban the people that make those comments pretty quickly.

We don't tolerate racist (or generally intolerant) comments here, plain and simple - if there are any left up, it's only because we've missed them.

What HV said (thank you)

All i was trying say was that those posts DO happen. I wasn't saying or even trying to insinuate that it is a large number just that it does happen. I sincerely apologize if my came across a different way as that was not my intent at all.

He later said he misread the letter and its not a big deal

Still, seeing Zoso get that worked up, he's probably one of the most chill, level headed people on here.

In terms of racism, ill say this. In the almost two and a half years I've been posting here (on a pretty frequent basis), I have never once seen a racist remark thrown at team brazil. Maybe they happen, but if I haven't seen them, I doubt Fernando has. Unless he keeps more of an eye on this place than any one of us would have guessed.

How often do they happen, btw? Can't possibly be a very frequent occurrence.

• Like 1

Then if Bumblefoot is not interested you are truly fucked.

How often does he post on the official GNR forum, or PC, or HTGTH? If he's not posting on those then I wouldn't expect him to post on any other fan forums.

Isn't Facebook, Twitter and the occasional chat session enough? That's a lot more interaction than most musicians have with their fanbase. :shrugs:

I don't think it's unfair at all. I was excited when he came on board despite hearing a few negative things. He seemed like a good guy (not saying he isn't now). His comments just made it seem like he's a little quick to jump on the band wagon.

I think he's lumped all the "Brazilian housekeeper" comments under racism. And he might be right.

Complete horseshit.

Why not just say housekeeper?

Like I said somewhere else, if it was a Brazilian rock band and she was an American housekeeper, she'd be called an American housekeeper. It's a distinguishing characteristic given her position.

How often does he post on the official GNR forum, or PC, or HTGTH? If he's not posting on those then I wouldn't expect him to post on any other fan forums.

Isn't Facebook, Twitter and the occasional chat session enough? That's a lot more interaction than most musicians have with their fanbase. :shrugs:

I was replying to the mod above. What I mean is, if you cannot get Bumblefoot involved you are truly fucked as you have zero chance getting Fernando or Beta - or even Del James - involved in a QaA style forum. Bumblefoot is probably the only fan friendly member of the whole thing. And Fernando - this guy hates Mygnr and I think he is blaming the forum for the leak of Going Down to be quite honest.

Odds on how long Estebanf's post stays up on HTGTH haha. I say five minutes.

I think he's lumped all the "Brazilian housekeeper" comments under racism. And he might be right.

Complete horseshit.

Why not just say housekeeper?

Like I said somewhere else, if it was a Brazilian rock band and she was an American housekeeper, she'd be called an American housekeeper. It's a distinguishing characteristic given her position.

For my part, I personally don't view the use of her race in describing her as racist and I would guess Fernando wouldn't either. As far as the "housekeeper" thing goes, I think we all know that when some users say that about her, they same to be using it like the profession itself is some sort of insult or at least that's what I took away from what Fernando said.

I was replying to the mod above. What I mean is, if you cannot get Bumblefoot involved you are truly fucked as you have zero chance getting Fernando or Beta - or even Del James - involved in a QaA style forum. Bumblefoot is probably the only fan friendly member of the whole thing. And Fernando - this guy hates Mygnr and I think he is blaming the forum for the leak of Going Down to be quite honest.

I tend to stay overly optimist about these types of things lol. So I like to think that anything is possible!