Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

Racism? there is no racisim here. Somebody once made fun of Fernando's moustache so that must be what he is acting like a toddler.

Jarmo's saying a 'minority' of fans. Well, last I checked Mygnr is far more active than HTGTH. My gnr gets thousands of posts whereas, HTGTH merely consists of two fans yanking each other's dicks. If there is a consensus of fan opinion on Guns N' Roses, then that opinion surely must reside on Mygnr.

As I said, most users don't see it because it's removed or hidden asap, but it has happened.

Well then, it is removed and hidden asap. This basically reinforces my point about this place not having racism.

Sort of hypocritical, TB being so concerned about racism considering they manage the composer of 'One in a Million.'

And the guy who called the girl who helped to create the biggest GNR community on the internet a lesbian cunt. That was not hidden.

I understand that. I personally can't speak to how that situation was handled here as I was helping run a different board at that time.

Racism? there is no racisim here. Somebody once made fun of Fernando's moustache so that must be what he is acting like a toddler.

Jarmo's saying a 'minority' of fans. Well, last I checked Mygnr is far more active than HTGTH. My gnr gets thousands of posts whereas, HTGTH merely consists of two fans yanking each other's dicks. If there is a consensus of fan opinion on Guns N' Roses, then that opinion surely must reside on Mygnr.

As I said, most users don't see it because it's removed or hidden asap, but it has happened.

Funny how nobody has yet been able to point out this racism, most likely because as you yourself admit most users don't see it, users that browse this forum 24/7. Yet Fernando drops in and spots it straight off the bat.

Forgive me for thinking that he is playing the race card in a pathetic attempt to play the victim here.

I don't doubt that comments that could be construed as racist have been posted here in the past...and have lasted all of about ten seconds before being deleted. But I don't believe for a second that Fernando was privy to such comments

Here's my thinking on it: I've seen it myself as I'm one of those helping hide such comments. I can't speak to what Fernando has or hasn't seen as we haven't communicated about it. My point was simply that it does happen. That along with the personal attacks and insults has been an ongoing problem that we're trying to work together as a team to help fix.

Some comments that include or refer to Beta as a housemaid from Brazil could be taken as racist. But that's probably the worst I can think of.

That is not in any way, shape or form, racist. Inaccurate maybe, in that she was a nanny but otherwise factually correct.

Sorry but this racism claim is some hollow bullshit.

• Like 1

Some comments that include or refer to Beta as a housemaid from Brazil could be taken as racist. But that's probably the worst I can think of.

That is not in any way, shape or form, racist. Inaccurate maybe, in that she was a nanny but otherwise factually correct.

Sorry but this racism claim is some hollow bullshit.

I completely agree with the first part. As for the second like I said, I can't speak for what Fernando has or hasn't seen here but I know that I've certainly seen it.

That may be the case russ but I would find it extraordinary coincidental that Fernando would happen across such rare behaviour on here, unless he views the board as much as the moderators do.

I ain't buying it. And given as you said, it is removed asap then surely he cannot say that such comments are indicative of the board in general.

Yep, his claim is looking more hollow by the minute.

EDIT: I just re-read his statement and see that he encountered this racism having browsed the forums a few hours.

I therefore conclude that he is definitely pulling that one out of his ass

Edited by Facekicker

however the destructive criticism hinders the outcome

I wonder what he means by that.

It means we are not going to : goad, guilt ,shame, piss, whine, bitch bellyache bully and complain GNR into a reasonable discussion about anything GNR and their enterprises. It means that we are not the only game in town here at MYGNR.com and ultimately they just will not comply or communicate with this group of people. It will hinder anything positive for this forum and if its so overwhelming there will be no future initiative to produce anything for fans who demonstrate hate towards Axl and the band .

Edited by rockerman

That may be the case russ but I would find it extraordinary coincidental that Fernando would happen across such rare behaviour on here, unless he views the board as much as the moderators do.

I ain't buying it. And given as you said, it is removed asap then surely he cannot say that such comments are indicative of the board in general.

Yep, his claim is looking more hollow by the minute.

I can dig that and I really get where you're coming from.

I'm not the one who made the claim so I'm merely starting facts from my perspective on it. Fernando is of course more than welcome to come here and cite examples, defend himself or whatever.

The only reason I jumped into this in the first place is because I'm trying to help out here. I saw that Fernando directed some comments our way so I thought I'd throw my $.02 at it. I personally think that some of his points were valid and those were/are the ones I was trying to defend.

If Beta and Fandango Fernando were born in America would cupcakes people say "Beta, Axl's housemaid/nanny from USA, and her American son"? I can't say for certain but I certainly don't think so...

Team Brazil. They don't have a problem with doing it themselves.

If Beta and Fandango Fernando were born in America would cupcakes people say "Beta, Axl's housemaid/nanny from USA, and her American son"? I can't say for certain but I certainly don't think so...

Team Brazil. They don't have a problem with doing it themselves.

Touche!

"Look here: the band doesn't need "your support" nor your "hate". The band just wants you to buy its records and tickets, if you enjoy the music. That is all. If you don't want to buy the music or shows, that's fine. But no need to take things so ridiculously seriously like you are some white knight who are "protecting" the band in any way and are in your right to get personally offended when the band doesn't do thing to your liking. There is no shit being thrown at us at all, just a band fully in its right not releasing music as often as we want or communicating as often or in the manner we would prefer. If you don't like it, just don't pay attention to the band anymore. Just don't believe you have entered some magical contract with the band because you have chosen to invest your time and feelings on a band that turns out to not function the way you want it, and that according to this contract they owe it to you to behave in some particular way"

I thought I was bad, but this is just ridiculous. Talk about drinking the kool aid, the above takes the biscuit. For anyone to suggest that current day GnR doesn't need it's loyal fanbase support is moronic. take your head out of your arse :) they don't owe us anything, true!

What our problem is, is that for the past 2 years band member have been talking about making this new cd. 2 years later we're still waiting and we get snotty responses when we get the slightest bit impatient. I'm sorry but after waiting for CD, we are entitled to expect a new release sooner rather than later. the mediums for releasing music have opened up. bands of all ages and sizes are releasing music and doing just fine (look at Metallica, Iron maiden) ... I can't imagine why GnR would be the exception to the rule (beyond jokes, that nothing is ever easy for gnr yada, yada).

I guess I'm just tired of waiting around, especially when the only announcements are for tours (a four year tour not including the 02 and 06/07 runs is a bit much). everybody knows fans want new music, saying that, the band will be in the studio eventually and everybody will be asking "when are you playing south America next..." so maybe there is no pleasing us :)

Look what he post on HTGTH:

One thing I learned, there is always someone in whom thinks they can do your job better than you. These people are people in whom didn't receive a lot of attention as children; or bullies that thrive in the failures of others, for the sole purpose of the "I told you so" mentality. Which is truly sad and not a way to live.

I rarely post, but this disappointing situation that we're in brings me to comment on his post. Although I think he put some thought into it, it doesn't offer much. He apologizes in a way, but that doesn't count for much. Why? Because he starts with a generalized insult (see the quote). It seems he already knows, that he's not good at his job. Otherwise he wouldn't be that huffy about it.

So here's a fun fact for life: When people say, they're better at your job, sometimes they just are.

• Like 1

Soul Monster, I am watching you and jarmo on htgth and you are wasting your time with Jarmo I am afraid. The guy is a complete tool. He would defend TB until the grave because he gets freebie trips. I have a feeling that he does not want gnr to release an album as then the freebies will stop for awhile.

this

Fuck you, fernando! I'll always be a supporter and i certainly don't hate beta, fernando, venessa, etc but thus is a smack in the face. I've spent hundreds or more on concert tickets, travel arrangements, records, turned friends on to the band, merchandise...and now they say they don't need fans like me? Fuck them.

And thousands of messages a day? Get real, buddy.that's such bullshit

this band is being held back by enablers like the lebeis family.I'm grateful they love and care for axl and theyve done a lot of good.I'm sure they're great people...but really, how are they different than the yes man and enablers like doug goldstein and those guys? Their intentions are different but its still hurting the band

• Like 1

"Look here: the band doesn't need "your support" nor your "hate". The band just wants you to buy its records and tickets, if you enjoy the music. That is all. If you don't want to buy the music or shows, that's fine. But no need to take things so ridiculously seriously like you are some white knight who are "protecting" the band in any way and are in your right to get personally offended when the band doesn't do thing to your liking. There is no shit being thrown at us at all, just a band fully in its right not releasing music as often as we want or communicating as often or in the manner we would prefer. If you don't like it, just don't pay attention to the band anymore. Just don't believe you have entered some magical contract with the band because you have chosen to invest your time and feelings on a band that turns out to not function the way you want it, and that according to this contract they owe it to you to behave in some particular way"

I thought I was bad, but this is just ridiculous. Talk about drinking the kool aid, the above takes the biscuit. For anyone to suggest that current day GnR doesn't need it's loyal fanbase support is moronic. take your head out of your arse :) they don't owe us anything, true!

What our problem is, is that for the past 2 years band member have been talking about making this new cd. 2 years later we're still waiting and we get snotty responses when we get the slightest bit impatient. I'm sorry but after waiting for CD, we are entitled to expect a new release sooner rather than later. the mediums for releasing music have opened up. bands of all ages and sizes are releasing music and doing just fine (look at Metallica, Iron maiden) ... I can't imagine why GnR would be the exception to the rule (beyond jokes, that nothing is ever easy for gnr yada, yada).

I guess I'm just tired of waiting around, especially when the only announcements are for tours (a four year tour not including the 02 and 06/07 runs is a bit much). everybody knows fans want new music, saying that, the band will be in the studio eventually and everybody will be asking "when are you playing south America next..." so maybe there is no pleasing us :)

- I didn't mean that they don't need a fan base (it was clumsily written by me), every artist does, only that they don't need us to support them in any other way than through buying their products. They don't need internet heroes who "defend" them, nor villains who "attack" them. People here are way too concerned with the concepts of "defending" or "attacking" the band when we should just be enjoying the music we enjoy or not enjoy the music we don't enjoy. The fan base is creating a huge amount of drama over something as trivial as a rock band not releasing music often enough or not being informative enough. It really is such a silly thing.

- No, we are not entitled to anything regardless of how long we have been waiting ;). I am sorry you feel that way.

- If you get tired for waiting around, why do you do it?

Soul Monster, I am watching you and jarmo on htgth and you are wasting your time with Jarmo I am afraid. The guy is a complete tool. He would defend TB until the grave because he gets freebie trips. I have a feeling that he does not want gnr to release an album as then the freebies will stop for awhile.

this

We might not agree on everything but it was a civil discussion and sometimes you are really talking to the bystanders and not the one in front of you. But thanks for your concern :)

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

I miss red another post as party of the letter, whoops. That's what we are freaking out about? Its stupid but not THAT bad, just retarded

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING, is too small to freak out about or use as a vehicle for attacking or defending the band. We are that passionate/bored (cross out the option that does not apply).

That post you are quoting isn't real, is it?

It simply can't be. It's just a quote somebody made as a joke, right? An attempt at sarcastic humor.

I've posted this before, but just recently I read a quote from Metallica that said "Our fans are the fifth member of the band."

Quite the difference in attitudes.

Edited by Groghan

Fuck you, fernando! I'll always be a supporter and i certainly don't hate beta, fernando, venessa, etc but thus is a smack in the face. I've spent hundreds or more on concert tickets, travel arrangements, records, turned friends on to the band, merchandise...and now they say they don't need fans like me? Fuck them.

And thousands of messages a day? Get real, buddy.that's such bullshit

this band is being held back by enablers like the lebeis family.I'm grateful they love and care for axl and theyve done a lot of good.I'm sure they're great people...but really, how are they different than the yes man and enablers like doug goldstein and those guys? Their intentions are different but its still hurting the band

Great post ZoSo.

The fact that we even know the names of these people is silly. I have no idea who the managers (and their children) are for any other band in the world.

The fact that Fernando is even part of a discussion concerning GnR just shows how ridiculous of a situation that Axl has let GnR become.

It does seem like he's trying to imitate Axl's style of attempting to write philosophically and confusing people in the process. :lol:

Look, it was an uncharacteristically open message by Fernando. Clearly Team Brazil are affected by the jibes and that may explain Beta's recent attitudes. But what Fernando has to do is separate his person feelings from what he has chosen to do professionally. As manager of GNR, not the mere son of Axl's PA, he has to look at why frustrations are arising.

• Like 2